Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Mardhi, just curious, after the bar is open if you are around we can forget even talking to the lovely BOSS, right?
    Kusco

Comment

Oh, we'll get Mardhi banned somehow!

Comment

(coscuvilheira @ Nov. 10 2006,15:17) Hey Mardhi, just curious, after the bar is open if you are around we can forget even talking to the lovely BOSS, right?
        Au contraire - She can talk till the cows come home - I'll be glad of a rest when she is talking to other people LOL.

Seriously though guys, its entirely up to her if she wants to do anything, however I know she has her own views on what she considers acceptable behaviour from the owner of the bar so I would imagine she wont be doing anything but frankly who knows what goes through their minds. But to the point above - she is very focused on financial side of things - she has eyes in the back of her head as far as money matters go with her accounting background (3 years in a real job) but I doubt they would extend to seeing through the walls from a ST room.

Cheers
        Mardhi

Comment

(stogie bear @ Nov. 10 2006,16:07) Oh, we'll get Mardhi banned somehow!  
          Actually I think I am already banned - but by the designer guy not Jay. Seems he got offended when I asked him about the cactus plants and is that really something that will look good in a bar

Cheers
          Mardhi

Comment

Just been talking online to Jay and she tells me the wooden floor has been installed today and the bar is nearly complete as are all the shelves and worktops behind the bar. All the sofas are being delivered on Sunday and tables come sometime next week. No sign of any bar stools yet though. Granite team will be in soon to do all the bar tops so soft opening maybe sometime around 23rd according to Jay

Cheers
            Mardhi

Comment

Jay is one amazing lady. A university graduate in accounting, three years working a real job, money saved up for this entrepreneurial endeavor, putting in the manual labor. And she looks no older than 20. I have to say she is one of the most unique ladyboys I have heard about. She is also easily one of the prettiest as well. I have a strong feeling her bar will be successful.

Comment

(geezer @ Oct. 31 2006,22:28) Any idea on Opening hours? Was just thinking if the Bar Opened earlier, say 4 o'clock you may be able to tap into the afternoon market before Nana opens and every now and then this board gets requests for info on afternoon action.

Then again no idea how you are going to get the staff out of bed and into work for 4.

Keep up the info thought as I will definatley check it out if it's up and running for my next trip in mid January.
                Yeah good idea... I'm always up for some afternoon action. Eden's opens at 1pm so why can't the new bar?

I like that location too... across from the JW Marriott and you pass KFC and MacDonald on the way to and from the hotel.

Comment

great idea and great concept. this bar should be modeled on CTails & Dreams down in Phuketway. Hhavent been there in a few years and heard it has changed but anyone who was familair how it was a few years ago would know what I mean. No pressure to buy drinks/to take the girl. just afreindly bar type atmosphere.

Shotrt imte rooms a must.

right type/volume of musoc a must. just would like to see a nice relaxing place to hang. Will there be a pool table?? Will it be the type of place where you cann have the girl you bought a drink sit on your lap and pull her todger out for a bit of fun/inspection?? stuff like that.

of course pricing iss important. why not have a cheaper barfine perhaps during the day and/or for a ST??

The crux of the matter will, of course, be the talent on offer. if its the type of bar I like and feel very comfortable in then i wont have reaon to go anywhere else. Thats the way I felt about CTails & Dreams. the new bar has a hig standard to live up to though INHO. It will be tough. But if its a relaxing place then I willspend money there. I donnt like the hassle of the shitpits as Stogie calls them but the amount of talent at a place like Cascades, which has been my fav shitpit foor years, is awesome. good luck and if I make it next month then I hope to drop by.

forgot to mention-I know LBs are usuaally vampires but this place could do a nice little trade/traffic during the day i wowuld think.
                  BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!!

Comment

BTW I think jai dee has requested that Duran duran be a music staple for this new bar!!

Comment

• Hey Mardi

I really loved that pic of Jay painting. I love seeing pics of the girls in every day clothing and whatever activity they are partaking. She is strikingly beautiful.

I wish Jay best of luck in her new venture. It€™s really up to her and her partners to make it work. It seems she will already have customers from this board and it will certainly get latched on to from the other LB and GG boards as well. The news of this opening will flow through the net rapidly.

I have been involved in a similar venture and offer this some advice. If she has partners make sure one of them is always there as another poster suggested. Keep track of the cash and the stock.

Its amazing how when one us (family members) were not at our business the takings were down. Not suggesting anything untoward. But if one of the partners is there, they should always keep any eye on everything and everyone. When you are the boss you notice a lot of thing others don€™t notice.

She should keep an eye on the on the register, check the stock regularly, watch out for the staff and most importantly keep an eye on the customers. She should always see what they are up to. If their drinks are empty send a waitress to see if the want a re fill. And train staff to keep an eye out for that as well. If there is a guy or two who have no company, suggest if they would like a girl to sit with them. This is not been pushy rather than good business and good customer service. She has a good concept here so service is the key.

Build it and they will come.

Best of Luck Jay.

Comment

• (dommy6 @ Nov. 10 2006,21:54) Hey Mardi

I really loved that pic of Jay painting. I love seeing pics of the girls in every day clothing and whatever activity they are partaking. She is strikingly beautiful.

I wish Jay best of luck in her new venture. It€™s really up to her and her partners to make it work. It seems she will already have customers from this board and it will certainly get latched on to from the other LB and GG boards as well. The news of this opening will flow through the net rapidly.

I have been involved in a similar venture and offer this some advice. If she has partners make sure one of them is always there as another poster suggested. Keep track of the cash and the stock.

Its amazing how when one us (family members) were not at our business the takings were down. Not suggesting anything untoward. But if one of the partners is there, they should always keep any eye on everything and everyone. When you are the boss you notice a lot of thing others don€™t notice.

She should keep an eye on the on the register, check the stock regularly, watch out for the staff and most importantly keep an eye on the customers. She should always see what they are up to. If their drinks are empty send a waitress to see if the want a re fill. And train staff to keep an eye out for that as well. If there is a guy or two who have no company, suggest if they would like a girl to sit with them. This is not been pushy rather than good business and good customer service. She has a good concept here so service is the key.

Build it and they will come.

Best of Luck Jay.
                        I suspect she will be seeking a lot of guidance from her cousin who already owns and operates a very busy bar on Sukhumvit - I have met this lady and trust me, she takes no shit from anyone and I am sure will be instrumental in guiding Jay along the way particularly in the way of checks/balances and scams. As I have said before, dont forget its her first business, she is petrified its going to bomb and is working very long days at the moment. Heck she sent me a SMS at 9am this morning telling me she was already supervising the floor team in the bar and got home about 9pm tonight. Perfect it wont be from day one I am sure, but she is a fast learner and has such a nice personality I am convinced she will do well.

Cheers
                        Mardhi

Comment

• Please, Please No Keryokie !
                          My Femboys can Beat up your Ladyboys.  

Comment

• (mirimark @ Nov. 11 2006,03:08) Please,  Please   No  Keryokie !
                            Yep, not keen on Kareoke, but it won't stop me going there.
                            Robin

You pays your money & takes your chance. This isn't a rehearsal do it now, it's no good looking back when it's a lover & wishing.... ITS TOO LATE.

Comment

• Hi troops, just like to add my best wishes to ALL concerned with this new venture. Lets just hope to hell that: 1. its as good as it sounds, 2. they dont go over the top on barfines, 3. the girls dont get too pushy and 4. they dont get burnt down by the NANA mafia. See you there, looks like it could be a nice xmas/new year.

Comment

• Looks like the soft opening will be on the 21st November at 6pm - and for sure in talking to Jay, it will be a soft opening - she had no idea when I said it should be like an episode from fawlty towers but still she has to learn somehow. Seemingly she will have about 9 staff on duty from day one with more coming on 1st December. Plus no doubt she will have lots of friends coming to wish her well so should make for some top totty stopping by in the first couple of days.

Cheers
                                Mardhi

Comment

Working...
                                X