X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check in bar vs Why not bar

Curious on BM thoughts between the 2 more layed back ladyboy bars in Bangkok ?? Their comparisons or differences as I've never been to either bar!! Thanks

Both bars open earlier at around 5pm, may not be many ladyboys at opening.
    WhyNot is smaller with 3 levels bar on main floor pool table on second floor rooms on third floor.
    Not much room to play pool and and bar area is a little small but they have a few seats outside too.
    They seem to really cater to their regulars based on past posts by poesface the owner.
    I've met him a few times and he is a fun friendly guy that likes to party all night.

Both bars are on side alleys in an area with a few girly bars along side.
    Check in you can walk to from Nana in 10 minutes or so but Why Not you would have to take a cab.
    However the whynot area is a far quieter place to stay and there is lots of good hotels in the area.

Check in bar is larger and mainly on one floor I think there is rooms next door or upstairs but the bar itself is only on one level.
    There is 2 pool tables and ample room to play. The one pool table and area around there has very low ceilings and not good for tall people.
    Everyone there is friendly and there is many long time hostesses that will remember you the next time you go.
    June the owner is nice and will wave if she knows you but is not really much of a partier anymore, she originally ran an Alco-cart out on the street late at night for years.
    She always had a few ladyboys at her cart in those days, my old GF Cake used to go work there after she finished at Nana.
    Oh the good old days when the party never ended in BKK....

Check in doesn't really have an outdoor area but i think part is smoking and part not, but I cannot remember.
    They have also been around much long than WhyNot bar and had another location off Soi 7 for about 5 years or so before that so probably 8-10 years total.
    Then June ran her Alco cart for many years before that. WhyNot is about 3 years old I think and Poesface and his wife run it together.

I have partied at Check in bar probably a dozen times or so and hung out with the crew at volleyball a couple years.
    Probably I have been with 3 ladyboys from Check Inn bar over the years nothing fantastic to report so far.
    I've only been to WhyNot one time at 5pm with my GF but we did party with some of the ladyboys.
    Also I hung out with all the WhyNot crew at the volleyball last year. Both bars have great team spirit.

I would say Check in bar has a larger staff of ladyboys on any night partly due to the size of the bar.
    Check in bar has always been fairly friendly to freelancers working there and often you will see ladyboys from other bars there.
    Sometimes you might see ladyboys from Nana trolling there if things are slow or bringing customers there for more drinks.
    I'm not sure how WhyNot is with the freelancers but they seem more like a set team, but hard to say from my experience.

I noticed that some of the same ladyboys have worked at both bars. For most ladyboys working at Nana is the desired place to work so a portion of the ladyboys at these bars might be considered "Off Broadway". Often though, these type of girls are more fun to party with and try harder.
    Although some very hot ladyboys work at these bars that don't like the rules at Nana, or they work part time, or they just like it there and have good clientele.
    There is also many young up and coming ladyboys at these places that are diamonds in the rough. Overall June at Check inn has the largest stable of ladyboys and as I say ladyboys come to hang out there probably much more than WhyNot partly because they are part of June's gang.

So over all I think WhyNot is like a smaller pub with less girls but more of a party atmosphere and a friendly family run feel.
    Check inn is like a larger sports pub that is a little more business like but still fun and a larger selection of ladyboys and a large clientele over all.

A few pics from Check Inn Bar and June and the crew. Also two girls me and my friend took out one night.

Also some pics from inside and out of WhyNot.
    Then the Somerset hotel I stayed at which is only a couple blocks from WhyNOt, very nice hotel.

Attached Files
    www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Thanks Crag for your take!! I'm camped near Why not at henry's hotel for 2 nights september 3&4 so i'll be definitely be paying a visit to Why not but check in has got some nice talent in past photos just hasn't been many posts recently so i might take a look!! Not a big fan of places like nana at least not going by myself the same as i don't go to the go go's off LK metro anymore after spending more in an hr on drinks than the rest of the evening in an open air bar in pattaya !!

Comment

Usually i post something from Check in bar every year but I never made it there last year at all.
        Check in bar is great unless it is empty, then it seems too big.
        However you can't really go wrong when there is a dozen ladyboys on staff and only you.....
        www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Anymore then one is a lot but twelve ?? ahh what the hell lol !!

Comment

Both bars are probably two of the best lb bars in Bangkok if you want to avoid the high pressure go go bars in Nana Plaza, Soi Cowboy or Patpong. Check in Bar also has a facebook page that has more photos of the staff and information about the bar. When you visit Bkk, you should go to both bars.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
            Membership Levels
            The Rookie Thread
            New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
            Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

Also,
              Chaos 9 Bar moved to a better location in Nana down Soi 4 by the Omni Apartments and behind Lohas Suites.
              It is also a ladyboy bar with a lounge type atmosphere and pool table.
              www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Working...
              X