X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much salary?

I have spotted a job opening that has been posted this morning!!!

It is in a school, they are looking for a senior project manager, who should have a higher grade (like an MBA) and 10 years of experience in corporate project management.

This description fits to me, but I don't know what pay I can expect/ask for in Bangkok?

Any ideas??

Call them and ask them. I have no clue at all but would guess 50-60k per month but thats just a guess
    You Live and You Learn -- Hopefully!

Comment

It's a pretty good guess, mate. A "project manager" is a great job, too...

(It used to be called 'director of studies' till all the teachers caught on!)

You get to fill in for all the other teachers who are skiving off sick with hangovers.

Best of all you get to take the shit from the parents and the pupils and other teachers!

Be careful with these glamorous sounding jobs, mate.

Comment

Here's another tip, too...

Before you sign a contract put them on probation for 3 months. They'll almost certainly do the same to you.

If they don't like that idea then walk away.

Think about this... If the job is so good why is it vacant and why isn't a teacher already there interested in doing it?

Comment

ok, just to put things back in perspective:

* they specifically ask for a diploma teachers are very unlikely to have because this degree prepares for senior corporate careers and not for teaching. In my country, fresh graduates of that business school get their first job at approx. 50.000 EUR a year (graduates are about 23/24 years old). Typically, they get in at junior manager level and are promoted within a year or two.
          I happen to have that very exact degree.

* they ask for someone with 10 years of experience of project management, so that's not a job a teacher can fill.

In the country I livew in now, that kind of job pays about 140k EUR total compensation.
          Now what is the discount for Bangkok?

Comment

90%

You cannot compare a salary in any other country with Thailand. With the limited information provided I would guess 50,000 to 100,000 Baht per month.

If you think you can get a job in Thailand paying anywhere near 100K Euro you are delusional.
            "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

I'd say SamplerDoc was fairly close with his guess.

Though as Snick says you might be lucky and get up to 100,000 Baht! not Euros.

RR.
              Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
              Kahuna

Comment

You can get these salaries however they are very rare and typically internal transfers from another country. I know of at least a dozen guys who earn these levels of Euro salaries within Thailand - however they are NOT local hires but full on expat packages.

Cheers
                Mardhi

Comment

Ask them for a ball park figure. I can't wait to see what they say.

Where was the job advertised? I'll ask them myself.

Comment

Of course I'll ask for a ballpark figure in my application letter.
                    No point in flying 11 hours to BKK if the numbers don't fit.
                    A hint may be that if both of my children attended that school, I would have to pay 600k Baht a year.

So I am looking for a minimum of 60k EUR a year.

Comment

(manarak @ Jul. 29 2008,01:03) Of course I'll ask for a ballpark figure in my application letter.
                      No point in flying 11 hours to BKK if the numbers don't fit.
                      A hint may be that if both of my children attended that school, I would have to pay 600k Baht a year.

So I am looking for a minimum of 60k EUR a year.
                      Why would that coralate? Your either a customer or your staff - there is no middle ground - this is Thailand.

You might do better off actually contributing to your own threads than just posing heaps of questions and then nothing - the odd word of thanks is something that most people relate to. If you dont add some comment, people tend to ignore you and based on your words of wisdom so far, I'd say you need a lot of help if your planning on a move to Thailand.

By the way, makes no odds to me either way, but then I am here, employed and living the dream.

Cheers
                      mardhi

Comment

ouch ouch !!

I guess I am just a little too anxious.

Of course lots of good info here, and I certainly wouldn't have spent such a good time when I visited some weeks ago without the BM here.
                        *THANK YOU VERY MUCH*

But as for every relocation, I need info, info, info and again info so that I can factor in everything

Let's see how all this will turn out.

Comment

No doubt you can earn a lot of money anywhere in the world. If you are qualified and/or a clever guy.

But I doubt that there is a place where a "project manager" in a school gets paid 140,000 Euro (!) a year.

What's the salary of judges or city mayors in your country?

Comment

banking... switzerland...

Comment

Ah, that high-price spot in mid-europe. How could I forget about it?

Comment

Working...
                              X