X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unlocking a Blackberry or other device

Just curious if those wizards in MBK have the know-how and means to unlock my Blackberry and soon-to-be G1 phone (ie. the Google Android phone). These models are not/will not be sold domestically in Thailand, so I assume that perhaps the boys there will know the general methods in which to break a SIM lock? Anyone have a feeling on that? I'm sure someone on this forum has had some weird phone model that they needed to get unlocked before...
    I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Should be very easy to do for the guys in the MBK phone shops
    You Live and You Learn -- Hopefully!

Comment

(dummy_plug @ Oct. 13 2008,09:42) Just curious if those wizards in MBK have the know-how and means to unlock my Blackberry and soon-to-be G1 phone (ie. the Google Android phone). These models are not/will not be sold domestically in Thailand, so I assume that perhaps the boys there will know the general methods in which to break a SIM lock? Anyone have a feeling on that? I'm sure someone on this forum has had some weird phone model that they needed to get unlocked before...
      dummy_plug, can you open the LB forum by blackberry?
      trying but it confused me..
      "Most guys live their lives in the shade of the fear of what their macho friends will think about them" -- Mr. DJW

Comment

I haven't had any problems before, but I've stopped using my Curve 8310 for the time-being as I'm waiting for the Bold to be issued from AT&T (any moment now they swear!). I've browsed the site using Opera, IE, and the BB browser and I didn't have any issues. However, the graphics may not load up properly in alignment. I doubt the mods have any plans to make a mobile-friendly version of this site soon, although I wouldn't mind it!
        I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

I asked about the Bold today and told it was held up due to software problems. Probably wont be out that soon.
          seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

I try it again and I finally found it.. Thanx dummy
            "Most guys live their lives in the shade of the fear of what their macho friends will think about them" -- Mr. DJW

Comment

Here is how it's done....

DP check this out.... http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=xKDUFq...eature=related

http://globalunlock.com/phones/home

Comment

(katoeylover @ Oct. 28 2008,04:42) I asked about the Bold today and told it was held up due to software problems. Probably wont be out that soon.
                The Bold has been released in South America and Europe already. I thought only the US release on AT&T has been delayed? Although latest news is end of month it will be available at Best Buy and I think AT&T is launching it shortly before that. Anyways, the unlocked price is $680 USD!!! The subsidized AT&T pricing with a 2 year contract is still $299! What the hell???

Comment

(BAM @ Oct. 28 2008,06:51) Here is how it's done....

Thanks Bam! Wow, $24 USD for the codes? Yikes...I'll probably wait to do it in Thailand then.

Comment

(dummy_plug @ Oct. 28 2008,07:26)

Thanks Bam! Wow, $24 USD for the codes? Yikes...I'll probably wait to do it in Thailand then.
                    How much do the guys in BKK charge?

Comment

(dummy_plug @ Oct. 28 2008,08:24)
                      (katoeylover @ Oct. 28 2008,04:42) I asked about the Bold today and told it was held up due to software problems. Probably wont be out that soon.
                      The Bold has been released in South America and Europe already. I thought only the US release on AT&T has been delayed? Although latest news is end of month it will be available at Best Buy and I think AT&T is launching it shortly before that. Anyways, the unlocked price is $680 USD!!! The subsidized AT&T pricing with a 2 year contract is still $299! What the hell???
                      Mine is t mobile and it is unlocked cos I can change provider to local easily. Hmm that's pricey for unlocking it.

Comment

(BAM @ Oct. 28 2008,09:17)
                        (dummy_plug @ Oct. 28 2008,07:26)

How much do the guys in BKK charge?
                        I don't for Blackberries specifically, but usually I'll pay 150-200 baht to get my phones unlocked. I've done it with my Nokia, Samsung, and Motorola models (yes - I change phones more frequently than a ladyboy).

Comment

(BAM @ Oct. 28 2008,09:17) How much do the guys in BKK charge?
                          That depends on how the phone has to be unlocked...
                          If they just use an unlock code it costs around 200 baht...
                          If they have to hook it up to the computer it costs 400+ baht...

BTW DP...Just because the phone is not destined for the Thai market doesn't mean it won't be sold here...This is Thailand...
                          "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

I love it hehe.. So not only us girls are high fashionable right? I wish my bf too but he's not. As long as he could use it for call, he's ok. Gurls need changed phone, high tech..

Comment

(kahuna @ Oct. 28 2008,11:11) BTW DP...Just because the phone is not destined for the Thai market doesn't mean it won't be sold here...This is Thailand...
                              Very true Kahuna. I've heard a boatload of G1s (better known at the 'Google phone') have started appearing in China despite just hitting San Fran last week. I have no doubts they will be in MBK very shortly, if they aren't already. However if its not meant for domestic sale and its a lower-volume model I want to make sure they are able to successfully unlock it (i.e. make sure they know what they are doing lol).

Comment

Working...
                              X