• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone seen blade runner?
    Attached Files

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

Nice call on that Azza, and you found the perfect matching photo.

You still sticking with the suicide theory?

Comment

Lets wait until the full story is out...

Not sure why a farang head would be dangled off a bridge in Thailand.
        A criminal would have to be crazy cos it going to bring down a lot of heat!

A stick to the suicide theory for now... I've seen the rope and its long enough to do the snap off for sure!

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

I'm going with the mafia/gang style hit. A dangling head off a bridge sends a message.

the rope was nylon mountain climbing rope. I think that has some elasticity to it. Even dropping 5 metres wouldn't leave the appearance of the head being severed.

Comment

the rope was nylon mountain climbing rope
            hmmm are you sure it was kernmantle rope - if so.. not likely to be suicide then

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

It was suicide
              Physicians at the Institute of Forensic Medicine of Siriraj Hospital confirmed that a headless body and a severed head of a westerner found hanging below Rama VIII bridge on Sunday are from the same person.

The forensic examination also indicated that the victim could be attempting to commit suicide.

Physicians added that similar cases had taken place in foreign countries since the head could be detached from the body when the victim jumped off the bridge.

Meanwhile, deputy national police chief Jongrak Chutanont called a meeting with the investigative officers on Tuesday to conclude whether the foreigner was murdered or committed suicide.
              Personally I am going with the guillotine made of ice that melted before the cops arrived theory.
              "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

lmao fuck this is a tricky case snick maybe you and i should go about our business and solve it for them>?? sherlock?/
                just a sex tourist looking for hot fun

Comment

Absolutely my dear Watson....but first fetch me my opium pipe and a well hung Asian doxy
                  "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

off course my master sherlock at your service always, one mint and one pipe
                    just a sex tourist looking for hot fun

Comment

Suicide by decapitation

By The Nation
                      Published on February 25, 2009
                      Bridge victim's head torn off by 'force of gravity'; missing Italian man likely victim

Deputy police commissioner-general Jongrak Chutha-nont announced yesterday that the westerner whose head was found hanging from Rama VIII Bridge on Sunday committed suicide and was believed to be an Italian.

Jongrak said Siriraj Hospital doctors had confirmed that the body discovered near the bridge on Monday belonged to the head. He said the uneven decapitation wound and bruises suggested death by hanging rather than beheading with a sharp object, adding that the man's body showed no signs of assault.

At 11am yesterday, forensic officials along with Bangkok Metropolitan Administration's Disaster Prevention and Mitiga-tion officials went to inspect the scene one more time. They took photographs of the handwriting found on the bridge's railing and descended by rope to take photographs of the blood traces and collect samples.

Blood-spray pattern

It was confirmed that the blood-spray pattern found on cement foundations under the bridge resulted from the action of the arteries when the head was torn from the body by the force of gravity. Siriraj Hospital forensic doctors had told police that this sequence of events was "often typical of a suicide by hanging".

Though medical evidence shows that it was almost certainly a suicide and not a brutal execution by international gangsters, Jongrak urged anyone with evidence that suggested murder to contact the police. The case will be registered as suicide in 30 days if no more evidence to the contrary is put forward, he said.

Italian arrived on Wed

As for the ongoing attempts to identify the victim, Jongrak said he was wearing Italian-made Puma clothing, and the bag found near his head carried the name of an Italian hotel. Checks revealed that 49-year-old Italian Jaeta Jiovani entered Thailand on February 18 and checked in to the Rex Hotel in the Sukhumvit area before going missing at the weekend.

It was reported that Jiovani had been to Thailand seven times. Police also showed reporters pictures taken of Jiovani arriving at the airport.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Well its looks like I was wrong on it being a murder. that will teach me to follow the initial assesment of the Thai authorities who ruled out suicide so quick.

Looks like the mystery ends here. If the bloke only had a box of matches, where did he leave his wallet and remaining money? Was he flat broke? or was he fleeced of this when the body was found? Still some unanswered questions.

Nice call by those who guessed suicide and stuck with it despite Thai police assesment.

Comment

Ironically his name in Italian translated to English means "Young People"

Comment

ok, now I still would like to know how the head ended inside the bag?

Comment

I have the same question. He put the rope over his head with bag on to preserve the note with his head, then climbed over rail to jump?

Its a pretty unconvential way to hang oneself. Did he know he would be decapitated, so he didn't want to put note in pocket? Where is his wallet, money etc...

Comment

The note was gribbled with white tipp-ex fluid on the handrail on the bridge.

There can be enough reasons why the wallet and money would be missing, but I am puzzled by the head inside the bag. Or was the head inside the bag?

Comment

Working...
                                X