X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving to Bangkok?

OK you dreamers, file this one away for when you are ready to make the big move from whatever-hellhole-you-live-in-now to the Land of Ladyboys, and you want to live in the only logical choice, Bangkok! Especially if you are a bit tight on the greenbacks and need to make your monthly budget stretch really far.

A lot of newer guys make the mistake of moving down around lower Sukhimvit; they figure that Nana Plaza is the epicenter of Ladyboy activity, and it IS for sure between about 7pm and 2am.  So they will get a place on soi 1 and brag to their friends about how cool it is to be down there in the heart of the action and only paying 15K a month; all the while their place is the size of a closet and all they really have is convenient access to Bumrungrad Hospital for when some cracked-out freelancer from around soi 5 beats the shit out of him some night because he's ignoring their calls of ''you take me''!!

Another guy I used to get letters from was a lawyer from Florida, USA; a few months of correspondance with him made me realize just how easy it must be to pass the bar exam in the states.  His tales of how lucky he was to have found a place on soi 8, just a few hundred yards from the Nana BTS station, always fell on deaf ears. Way cool man, so you have managed to overpay for a place which is walking distance to a buncha skanky Nigerian hookers and equally skanky cups of Starbucks, just so you can be around the corner from Casanova and your favorite amazon-type Asian Shemales?  Not getting it, man...... you can get better deals if you are willing to move up around Phrom Phong or On-Nut for sure, but who will your neighbors be; Thai families and locals who will look at you like a martian just landed in their neighborhood.

If you want to live near the ladyboys  you want to be in one place; Huay Kwang.  This is the epicenter for the Gay/Transgendered community of Bangkok, and it's cheap as hell to boot.  Pretty much open 24/7, you will find literally dozens {hundreds?} of ladyboys there every night of the week between about 2am and sunrise, eating bugs and noodle soup and chatting away in that duck-voice tone we have all come to know and love.  Shopping galore also, and lets face it, what does a ladyboy like more than money, errrrr, I mean Shopping??

Clothing stalls line both sides of the road and are open all night, and if you hang around there some night you will be sure to see tons of girls from Nana and Patpong all milling about, checking out the 200baht dresses and 50baht tank tops; it's a beautiful thing.

Rooms are cheap there......  if you are a farang and willing to pay about 10-12K per month you'd have the best place in the 'hood.....all the LB's pay a third of that and share it with 3 other people besides.  your biggest problem would be turning girls AWAY, not finding them, as they all live right in your neighborhood.

Don't take my word for it, hell I am just some middle-aged schmuck from America who has only been to this place 15 times or so; just ask your next girl from Obsessions or Cascades where she lives or where she is going after you are done sticking it up her crack and she will invariably say "Huay Kwang''.  Bonus;  it is now on the MRT line! Which, of course, connects to the BTS at Asok.  Hell, when I used to go there you had to take a taxi and sit in Ratchada traffic for what seemed like an eternity.

http://www.nileguide.com/destina....ang-517

Have fun!!
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

I used to go there with my ex...it had a clinic open late. Very handy for those hormone shots

It is very lively after dark, plenty to see and do.

About the Bar, I guess it depends on what State, but I did learn very early on that not all law grads are equal, just like Law Schools
    Did you exchange a walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage

Comment

Any nice hotels you could stay at for a few weeks or a month you can recommend? And BTW, you are right. Huay Kwang is ladyboy central.
      I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

(dummy_plug @ Jun. 01 2010,07:42) Any nice hotels you could stay at for a few weeks or a month you can recommend? And BTW, you are right. Huay Kwang is ladyboy central.
        Huay Kwang Hotels - Niles Guide

I'd give it whirl.

Comment

The joy of Huay Kwang is that you'll meet dozens of NON Nana druggie types, too.

Plenty of students and just people from all walks who are femboys or ladyboys.
          SHEMALE.CENTER
          World's Greatest Tgirl Cam Site.

Comment

I like the name of this place..."Hip Hotel"
            Hip Hotel

Comment

great tip jai dee (and others)

Comment

The thing is though, this is a "young persons" scene, to be honest; and also, if you want to be running into other forum guys and spending time in the Nana bars or Big Dogs, the great falang food joints around lower sukhimvit, etc....this is kind of out of the way.

I'd say the perfect candidate for living here would be a falang who can afford to live in Thailand and is still only between say 24 and 38; maybe a teacher or some other young guy with a job which pays him just enough to live there, but not live like a wild man. Guys in their 40's or 50's.....ehhhh, probably not the place for you to *live*, but the occasional visit could be cool.

Forgot to mention; the cabaret's up on Ratchada have about 100 ladyboys as well and they probably live in HK for the most part; more sheep for the slaughter!

Comment

I'd go further than that. I'd say that most of us reading this would look out of place and a bit silly in that neck of the woods.
                  SHEMALE.CENTER
                  World's Greatest Tgirl Cam Site.

Comment

ya, I was gonna say that also.....especially if someone our age tried to LIVE there. Most of us wouldn't fit in at all.

the occasional visit can't hurt though; same as Pattaya, every person who likes ladyboys should see this place at about 3am at least one time, it's a true sight to behold.

Comment

It seems that having an MRT or BTS stop nearby would automatically cause rental rates to go way up.  Is this not the case for Huay Kwang?

Comment

yes, surely true......but remember that expensive or 'going up' in Thailand is a relative word.

So now that the MRT has finished and connected to the BTS, a nice room that may have cost you 10K in 2006 may cost 12K now.

Still a good deal, still cheap.....a girl I met last week told me she shares a room with her real-life sister in HK; they pay 4000 for a studio and have A/C, which sounded typical {or even less} to A/C studio's throughout the city.

Comment

There is also "Prestige" condo across the street from Centre Point Hotel on Petchburi soi 15. There is about 10 LBs that live in this big tower.

Comment

Lived in Huay Kwang for a couple of years, never felt out of place, hardly ever went to town, shaged myself daft, gave out details, offered to meet guys, but found that most guy's prefer the homely feel supermarkets rather than looking for a little adventure

Comment

offered to meet guys, but found that most guy's prefer the homely feel supermarkets rather than looking for a little adventure
                              ? Tried to decipher this but couldn't....... maybe

Comment

Working...
                              X