X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huay Kwang

THanks a lot, next time i stay there. Really a super duper help and suggestion. Hugs and cheers

Originally posted by JaiDee View Post
    OK you dreamers, file this one away for when you are ready to make the big move from whatever-hellhole-you-live-in-now to the Land of Ladyboys, and you want to live in the only logical choice, Bangkok! Especially if you are a bit tight on the greenbacks and need to make your monthly budget stretch really far.

* * A lot of newer guys make the mistake of moving down around lower Sukhimvit; they figure that Nana Plaza is the epicenter of Ladyboy activity, and it IS for sure between about 7pm and 2am. *So they will get a place on soi 1 and brag to their friends about how cool it is to be down there in the heart of the action and only paying 15K a month; all the while their place is the size of a closet and all they really have is convenient access to Bumrungrad Hospital for when some cracked-out freelancer from around soi 5 beats the shit out of him some night because he's ignoring their calls of ''you take me''!!

* * * Another guy I used to get letters from was a lawyer from Florida, USA; a few months of correspondance with him made me realize just how easy it must be to pass the bar exam in the states. *His tales of how lucky he was to have found a place on soi 8, just a few hundred yards from the Nana BTS station, always fell on deaf ears. Way cool man, so you have managed to overpay for a place which is walking distance to a buncha skanky Nigerian hookers and equally skanky cups of Starbucks, just so you can be around the corner from Casanova and your favorite amazon-type Asian Shemales? *Not getting it, man...... you can get better deals if you are willing to move up around Phrom Phong or On-Nut for sure, but who will your neighbors be; Thai families and locals who will look at you like a martian just landed in their neighborhood.

* * * * * *If you want to live near the ladyboys *you want to be in one place; Huay Kwang. *This is the epicenter for the Gay/Transgendered community of Bangkok, and it's cheap as hell to boot. *Pretty much open 24/7, you will find literally dozens {hundreds?} of ladyboys there every night of the week between about 2am and sunrise, eating bugs and noodle soup and chatting away in that duck-voice tone we have all come to know and love. *Shopping galore also, and lets face it, what does a ladyboy like more than money, errrrr, I mean Shopping??

* * * *Clothing stalls line both sides of the road and are open all night, and if you hang around there some night you will be sure to see tons of girls from Nana and Patpong all milling about, checking out the 200baht dresses and 50baht tank tops; it's a beautiful thing.

* * * * * * * Rooms are cheap there...... *if you are a farang and willing to pay about 10-12K per month you'd have the best place in the 'hood.....all the LB's pay a third of that and share it with 3 other people besides. *your biggest problem would be turning girls AWAY, not finding them, as they all live right in your neighborhood.

* Don't take my word for it, hell I am just some middle-aged schmuck from America who has only been to this place 15 times or so; just ask your next girl from Obsessions or Cascades where she lives or where she is going after you are done sticking it up her crack and she will invariably say "Huay Kwang''. *Bonus; *it is now on the MRT line! Which, of course, connects to the BTS at Asok. *Hell, when I used to go there you had to take a taxi and sit in Ratchada traffic for what seemed like an eternity.

http://www.nileguide.com/destina....ang-517

Have fun!!

Comment

Originally posted by girish View Post
      THanks a lot, next time i stay there. Really a super duper help and suggestion. Hugs and cheers
      As I say this area is not the greatest for tourists. Jai Dee was referring to those that were planning to live in bangkok full time.
      www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Will digest this for a while

Thanx for all the info. I usually stay at a 3-star hotel on Soi 8 because it is only one block from Nana Entertainment Plaza. I can easily walk to Asoke intersection and catch the underground Metro. Just go North 2 stops and I'll be in Ratchada Street. Pack a backpack with a liter of water. Walk around during the day to see what's there and take pics. I love to go to strange places for the first time and walk and walk and walk. Visit some hotels and cheap stay places. Talk to the locals where to eat, stay, get a massage, party, shop, get suggestions about everything. Now I'll see if a travel agent can delay my return flight 2 weeks and make hotel reservations in Bangkok. Maybe I might be disappointed and see dirty streets full of LBs in flip-flops, hair in curlers, shorts and Tshirts full of holes, sleepy-eyed faces without makeup, and then realize it is better to go to NEP and the surrounding streets around Soi 4 where the tourists/farangs are. One thing I eventually learned is the LB crowds come out around 3 AM! I have been retiring to bed too early. So now I just eat dinner and go to sleep. I wake up at 2 AM and take my time showering and dressing up. Then I'm fresh and rested for partying until the sun rises.

Only one problem. The Bangkok Metro operates from 6 AM to midnight. Is it easy to get a taxi or motorcycle taxi from and to my hotel during the off hours? Ripoff prices? What should I do?

Comment

Originally posted by George Pill View Post
          Thanx for all the info. I usually stay at a 3-star hotel on Soi 8 because it is only one block from Nana Entertainment Plaza. I can easily walk to Asoke intersection and catch the underground Metro. Just go North 2 stops and I'll be in Ratchada Street. Pack a backpack with a liter of water. Walk around during the day to see what's there and take pics. I love to go to strange places for the first time and walk and walk and walk. Visit some hotels and cheap stay places. Talk to the locals where to eat, stay, get a massage, party, shop, get suggestions about everything. Now I'll see if a travel agent can delay my return flight 2 weeks and make hotel reservations in Bangkok. Maybe I might be disappointed and see dirty streets full of LBs in flip-flops, hair in curlers, shorts and Tshirts full of holes, sleepy-eyed faces without makeup, and then realize it is better to go to NEP and the surrounding streets around Soi 4 where the tourists/farangs are. One thing I eventually learned is the LB crowds come out around 3 AM! I have been retiring to bed too early. So now I just eat dinner and go to sleep. I wake up at 2 AM and take my time showering and dressing up. Then I'm fresh and rested for partying until the sun rises.

Only one problem. The Bangkok Metro operates from 6 AM to midnight. Is it easy to get a taxi or motorcycle taxi from and to my hotel during the off hours? Ripoff prices? What should I do?
          Your best bet it is to go there after 6 p.m. and stay until 6-7 am if you want to see the whole thing. Else just head over after the bars close. Then just stay until the train opens again.
          Once 8am hits things go back to normal daily business. Stores and offices open and you see everyone going to school and work. The whole place changes, the restaurants and bars are all closed and most of the ladyboys are in bed and sleeping until the afternoon. There is really not much to do between 8am and 6pm there. So you won't even see them walking around in their sweats or whatever.

If you speak good Thai you might find it good to walk around and talk to people, however most people you will find are not good with English. It is not like the Sukhumvit area, where they cater to falangs. The awesome restaurants and meeting spots I was taken to, I would never have found on my own.
          While you may see ladyboys they may not be so receptive to a strange punter in all cases. If you live in the area and they recognize you the situation is all different. I never found them very friendly when I was out there late at night.

You can probably find a motorcycle any time of day or night but getting taxis out of Sukhumvit area are hard late at night as they don't like to leave the profitable tourist area. I had a hell of a time getting back to Silom from Nana at 4am, no cabs wanted to do it no matter how much I offered.
          Getting taxis back is difficult as they are not the same kind you find in Sukhumvit and may speak no English. Often taxis in areas like this won't stop for single falangs, especially if you don't speak Thai.
          This is also a prime area to get robbed or pickpocketed if you look out of place, there is not near the police presence.

All of this is a good reason to get a ladyboy to take you for your first time. Just ask them to take you to the night market after the bar or something. They know where to go and they can get you transportation and act as a translator. The most important thing is that it is always easier to meet more ladyboys when you are with a ladyboy. When I go anywhere in Bangkok with my GF I often end up sitting at a table somewhere with a butt load of hot ladyboys. If you go with one inevitably they will see their friends and you may even find yourself dining with them, tell her your ulterior motive and they will find it amusing. Then if you go back some other time by yourself you may be recognized and be able to make your move, if you hadn't already.

So i still think you would be more comfortable staying in your usual place and just venturing there to check it out.

I took this picture around 6:45 am in Huay Kwang just after the night market.
          Everyone in this picture just woke up and the Tuk Tuks are taking people to work, this is the type of thing they do in the off tourist hours. All the night people are in bed or on their way, the nearest Starbucks doesn't even open until 9am.
          Perfect time to catch the train back to Sukhumvit.

huaykwang.jpg

Make sure to check out the Forums Headquarters while you are in the Ratchada area.
          Attached Files
          www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Thanx for the info about Huay Kwang Night market. I Googled it and it is near the MRT underground station. Should be an interesting walk this winter when I check out shopping, bars, social centers of interest, massage parlors, people watching, photo shooting, eating. I like that Thais speak English pretty well. Not like the Philippines where anything you say goes into one ear and out the other. You're all very helpful. Even after 4 visits yearly everything is still new to me. Any more tips as to which directions or what streets I should walk down from the station? Actually the MRT closes something like midnight. Will the scooter taxis rip me off to get back to my hotel near NEP? Man! What a place LOS is! Most beautiful girls and boys in all of Asia. I love it and they're gonna love me back!

Comment

Yes, Crag. I just read your advice about the scooter taxis. Available ALL night. Helpful info. Crag, you should moonlight as a Gentleman Tour Guide just like the guides Andy Bourdain hires to show him around the culinary cities of the world. So informative. Guides are an overlooked tourist resource. You can tell us stories, wonderful unknown or taboo places to visit and eat. Help people get around efficiently and suggest the best massage parlors, boat and shopping trips. You da MAN in Bangkok! Next year I will add Kuala Lumpur and Singapore to my Thailand trip. Seems you can't get to the first two destinations without connecting through the BKK hub.

Comment

Yes, Crag. I just read your advice about the scooter taxis. Available ALL night. Helpful info. Crag, you should moonlight as a Gentleman Tour Guide just like the guides Andy Bourdain hires to show him around the culinary cities of the world. So informative. Guides are an overlooked tourist resource. You can tell us stories, wonderful unknown or taboo places to visit and eat. Help people get around efficiently and suggest the best massage parlors, boat and shopping trips. You da MAN in Bangkok! Next year I will add Kuala Lumpur and Singapore to my Thailand trip. Seems you can't get to the first two destinations without connecting through the BKK hub.
                I do offer guided ladyboy tours to Thailand.
                Every year I host a trip to Thailand in Oct-Nov. for anyone who wishes to join.

www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Your tours should be a trouble-free way for a lot of guys wanting to see what Thai ladyboys are like but don't know where to go or how to start. Shall I go to King's Castle to buy the water volleyball tickets? How much are they? I will be in Pattaya on November 5 so will try to be there. I do know there will be come kind of a Miss Gay Universe or something at one of the gay show houses which should be interesting if I want to see how beautiful they can look. Did realize both events were huge, and not to be missed. When is that and where do I get tickets? LMK.

Comment

It's called the Miss International Queen contest and the homepage is here:

This has been held annually since 2004 (except for 2008 when it was postponed due to political unrest). This year it is being held on Friday, Nov 11/16 at the Tiffany Theatre in Pattaya Thailand. The week preceding the contest there will be a number of promotional activities, some of which will be free to public, in Bangkok, Pattaya and possibly another location in Thailand and some of which will be pay to attend.The home page also provides for booking tickets. The tickets are pricey, but getting to see some of the most beautiful ts from around the world is a great experience. I have caught 2 contests in the past when my holidays coincided with the contest dates. If you do a search you will see my posts about the contests and photos from 2 of the ones I've attended. Also you need to know that the contestants are not p4p - although it was reported in the past a young handsome board member was at a promotional event and managed to hook up with Miss Indonesia a few years ago.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
                    Membership Levels
                    The Rookie Thread
                    New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
                    Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

Your tours should be a trouble-free way for a lot of guys wanting to see what Thai ladyboys are like but don't know where to go or how to start. Shall I go to King's Castle to buy the water volleyball tickets? How much are they? I will be in Pattaya on November 5 so will try to be there. .....
                      I have 9 tickets for the volleyball and may have extra if you can't get any.
                      However you can buy them many places including on the website.
                      Check more on the thread here:

Tickets (1500 Baht) and Team Sponsors (4000 Baht includes non transferable complimentary Ticket) are now available from:
                      Hideaway Guest House - Soi 15 (off Soi Bukhouw) Pattaya
                      Kings Bar - Soi 8, Pattaya
                      Katoeys are Us - Soi Diamond, Walking Street, Pattaya
                      TJ's Music Bar- Soi 18, Naklua
                      Check In Bar- Soi 7, Sukhumvit, Bangkok
                      or via PayPal - Payee is [email protected]
                      or Contact [email protected]
                      http://lbwvb.com/updates/donate-to-lbwvb

www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

thanx!

Comment

lots of good tips here thanks
                          For more ladyboy talk and travel tips check out https://guysnightlife.com
                          For all things trans check out LadyboyWiki

Comment

Working...
                          X