X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bangkoks Toilets of the year awards

Well everyone knows what a hassle it is to find a good toilet in Thailand.
    There is some gawdawful Toilet experiences in Bangkok for sure.
    Lack of cleanliness, unavailability of toilet paper, nothing but a hole in the floor, etc.

So Bangkok Post has come up with the clean toilet winners in Bangkok.
    toilets.jpg

All the latest top stories and breaking news. Thailand’s most credible source of Thai and international developments. In-depth business and political news, leading Lifestyle trends, broad international sports coverage, plus English language learning

Some of the worst toilets I have used in Bangkok were at the Chatuchak weekend market.
    The worst toilets ever, was on the ferry to Koh Chang, that was disgusting.
    I have still not sure if I am using the toilet right out in the country side....

My biggest pet peeve about toilets in Thailand is most have one towel hanging by the sink for all to use, forever.
    I will wash my hands and leave them wet rather than touch that towel!
    I am sure mystery disease abound on those towels.
    www.ladyboysthai.com

Sounds like when I was in Cuba and strayed off the beaten path...you always had to remember to bring your own TP and hand sanitizer! For a National newspaper to have an award for this though is sad and funny at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by northernguy222 View Post
      Sounds like when I was in Cuba and strayed off the beaten path...you always had to remember to bring your own TP and hand sanitizer! For a National newspaper to have an award for this though is sad and funny at the same time.
      Hauling around spare TP is never a bad idea in Thailand.
      You alway have to expect you may run across toilets like this just about anywhere.
      sam_2926.jpg

This is the standard bathroom you will find in a house in Isaan in a village.
      Never quite understood the two tub system but I did my best.
      If you go out into the country expect the worst.
      Always stay in a hotel if you can. You probably can't handle a bathroom like this for a week or even 2 days.
      Plus you have to share it with 20 others.
      images.jpg

There is quite a few more regular toilets around Thailand than when i first started going there.
      But most commonly there is no toilet paper, but always a garden hose on the wall.
      This is Thailands econo bidet tradition.
      IMG_1833-768x1024.jpg
      www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Here another Thai Toilet that makes one wonder

Thailand-toilets.jpg

Comment

LMAO....Well I guess you could show your junk off in anonymity

Comment

Back in 2009 when I was making my first trip to LOS. I had a layover in Japan and went to the rest room. It had a hole in the floor !! Really Japan is a progressive country and still poop into a hole on the floor??
            TEXASMAC

Comment

Originally posted by BAM View Post
              Here another Thai Toilet that makes one wonder

[ATTACH=CONFIG]75427[/ATTACH]
              If they stand on the seat and squat you would probably see their feet only.

When i was in College living in the dorms we had some new students from China who had never seen this western style toilet before.
              One time i went in to the washroom and one of them was standing on the seat trying to squat and crap??
              It was easy to tell what was going on because his head was sticking out above the cubicle.

www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Eye opening fact I learned at the Pattaya Rotary Club meeting. 7.5 billion people have access to cell phones. But only 4.5 billion people have access to a working toilet. AMAZING.
                TEXASMAC

Comment

Originally posted by TEXASMAC View Post
                  Eye opening fact I learned at the Pattaya Rotary Club meeting. 7.5 billion people have access to cell phones. But only 4.5 billion people have access to a working toilet. AMAZING.
                  In Alaska and Northern Canada all the Inuit and Eskimos use 5 gallon pails, but i'm sure they all have cell phones.
                  www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Heres some classic pictures in the toilet at a certain bar in Pattaya.
                    Notice that "all day" towel that I hate.
                    Attached Files
                    www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Originally posted by TEXASMAC View Post
                      Originally posted by Crag View Post
                      In Alaska and Northern Canada all the Inuit and Eskimos use 5 gallon pails, but i'm sure they all have cell phones.
                      One of the Rotary Club projects is to provide sanitation and clean water to disadvantaged people, so they use this kind of statistic to generate interest. When you think of it though, it's quite amazing how widespread the cell phone has become - even in remote African villages over the span of around 30 years.

I agree that all day towels are a bad idea - much better to just shake as much water off your hands and air dry, if that's all there is to use.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
                      Membership Levels
                      The Rookie Thread
                      New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
                      Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

Some more funny ones...

fresh-toilet.jpg
                        197-15-thailand-squat-toilet.jpg
                        toilets.jpg
                        pa110106.jpg

Comment

elephanttoilet.jpgelephanttoilet2.jpg
                          Yes.. really ! Only in Thailand !

Comment

I am going to have to give an honourable mention for most improved toilet to Big Dogs in Nana.

Previously it was only good for an emergency pee (if that!)
                            Now it is fully equipped and clean.
                            Excellent as this is one of my favourite places to watch the world go by.

Attached Files
                            www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

When I first looked at that photo I thought this was the Toilet ... a new Thai port-o-potty idea !!!!!

toilet.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X