Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep... Just another way to scam cash out of dreamer farangs.

Comment

And what if you "DON'T" pocess a degree of "ANY" kind?

As you know I've been a manager of a boozer for over the last 12 years and I haven't got a degree in that  

To be honest I am getting a bit "pissed off" lately and today has done it for me.

A couple of days ago my boss drew me a diagram of how my accomodation would look when the Brewery did the work on the pub.

So what did I do, I booked a "non-refundable" Flight to   for October  yesterday, "happy days" or so I thought.

Today the story changed with him saying he couldn't afford to stay at the pub due to his personal debts and sales at the pub and then doubting the Brewery would do the work on it    

So it might be time to take "redundancy" ( £4,600) should he leave and "pack up my troubles" and "migraines"  

Need you to "kick my ass" Stogie
      Your got yer Mother in a whirl
      Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

There are hundreds of teachers working here doing just fine with no qualifications whatsoever...

TIT, brother... hope to see you here soon!

Comment

Cheers Bro
          Your got yer Mother in a whirl
          Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

maybe joining you too Dave after today!!
            seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

Anyone looking for lessons on English Grammar?    

RR.
              Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
              Kahuna

Comment

(katoeylover @ Jul. 21 2008,20:47) maybe joining you too Dave after today!!
                Well? Don't leave us hanging!

Comment

Yes..... come on KL... spill the beans!

RR.
                  Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
                  Kahuna

Comment

x2! Finally taking the plunge KL???
                    I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

• Argh I missed all these threads!! I'd love to know how things progressed NHScotsman.

Stogie, do women and non-"native" english speakers get paid substantially lower? I've also had really limited experience teaching having only had stints as a substitute in a convent back home for 'o' level students.

I've been exploring since I got back from Thailand (Ajarn is a nice site) I suppose I'm a little weary of the rat race back in Singapore (I think same old story everywhere).

On a side note, I can't imagine the whole suit getup albeit that being my usual work attire back home... I'd melt in the classrooms which I suppose are not airconditioned! I really hope its just for the interview!

The bohemian spirit in me has been tempted to find life in LOS.

Comment

• Jaymee
                        In Bangkok, Native speaking women are in demand and if qualified can make more than the men. But, non-native men and women typically get lower pay and the worst jobs.

Comment

• Trying to find an apartment is an absolute ballache. Mainly because i don't speak Thai and im a fussy bastard.
                          Requirements:-
                          .Near to BTS (5/10 min walk max)
                          .10,000 B per month (or less)
                          .Furnished
                          .Modern/clean
                          .Close to food stands/restaurants/7-11 etc
                          .One bedroom or if need be a studio
                          .No less than 40 sqm in size.

Finding a job was very easy. I have no real teaching experience. I have a degree and an online Tesol course. Though i have met many teachers with neither. These Teachers do seem to earn less though, i met one guy who was earning 30,000 before taxes and getting up at 5.00 am five days a week
                          I wouldn't want to be earning less than 40,000 in Bangkok.

Comment

• Have not read the whole thread but for appts look at:

http://www.bangkokfinder.com/

Is not my site but is one of the best.

Comment

• Too lazy to read through this whole thread, so this may have already been said...
                              But for me the best way to find an apt was just hitting the pavement. I looked at every website I could find (including Thai ones), enlisted the help of friends, etc... But in the end I just went to the neighborhood I was interested in and walked up and down every Soi, going in every big farang building... now I have a great place for about half the price of what most other farangs are paying for a piece of shit in my area. That's the best way, IMHO. Took a few weeks and a lot of shoe leather to find though. Good luck.

Comment

• By the way, if you are interested in the Silom area, PM me, I know of a few places. There's actually a building next to mine that has 3 cute lbs living in it!

Comment

Working...
                                X