Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Power outlet adapters and voltage converter in Thailand needed ??

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power outlet adapters and voltage converter in Thailand needed ??

Will my "thing" fit in the "hole" ??

Thailand is 220v. Things with 2 prongs such as laptops and phone chargers work no problem as they convert for you, but an adapter may be necessary depending on the location. If you have other 120v 3 prong devices you may need and adapter. The only thing I ever tried to plug in besides phones and laptops were 120v lights and they blew up. Not sure what other 120v appliances you would have besides computer and phone. You can leave the big industrial sex toys behind, you shouldn't need them.
    Very easy to buy adapters cheap and almost all hotels have them for you to borrow. 10 years ago plugs were mostly Thai but now most places have the plugs that fit most configuration. You may have to gauge the situation at your hotel when you get there.
    If you have a layover on the way you can buy an adapter or multi adapter.
    Hong Kong is different than Thailand, and Europe is different again.
    www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

You Tha Man with All The Answers my friend

Cheers

B.

Comment

Hotels are lending the adaptors with a deposit or if you could on the streets ,many electrical shops are there. You can buy it very economically and probably less than the hotel deposit.

Comment

Pretty much everything you have EXCEPT hair dryers and curling irons will convert and operate as rated the adapters you get with your cell and laptop and the like are rated 100 to 240 VAC and 50/60 htz. In Adapters are sold all over the place but generally will only need if you stay somewhere in Thailand that has no plug hole for the ground lug of you device... mostly older places not anything built in the last 5 or 10 years for sure.

Comment

You can get the adapter on the ground at 7-11, or any market type area. That said, I find the ones on Amazon in the US are generally better (they support worldwide connections rather than just Asia, and tend to last longer.) So I'd just buy one online before you go; but it's not a big deal if you forget.

Comment

Working...
            X