X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bangkok's Disappearing Street Food

Here is an interesting article about the clean up of the vendors and street food around Bangkok.
    Many think it is ruining the whole atmosphere of the city.
    Although street food has long been synonymous with Bangkok, the city is steadily sweeping the sidewalks clean of its vendors.
    www.ladyboysthai.com

This is very sad. I loved the chaotic atmosphere and crowds of people. Food is so varied and cheap. Becoming too Westernized. Thailand makes the BEST fried rice I've ever eaten. Try the place in the middle of Pattaya Soi 13/2. From the beach walk past the post office and keep looking to the right side. You will see a restaurant with no front wall and full of fold up furniture. Sometimes there's a competitor with a large rolling table full of soups and stews. Even got a burner attached to the side. Just ask for a taste and they will give you a spoon to try some delicacies you've never seen before. Lots of people in both eateries. Water is free from a communal ice chest and metal cups with handles are used. Must be patient after ordering because everything is cooked fresh. The food is the second best reason I love Thailand. So much of it and so much variety. Why did the authorities close these places? Good source of rent, bribes, and they eat at them, too. Everybody does, and it beats cooking at home. I feel sad for farangs who live there and never had to cook at home.

Comment

Working...
    X