X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avoid eating raw fish in Thailand such as Koi Pla

It has become an health problem in North Eastern Thailand a favourite raw fish preparation popular with everyone.
    This treat is called Koi Pla and is made by grinding up raw fish most often found in the Mekong river system.
    It usually contains the raw ground fish, lime juice, spices and live red ants.
    These fish are known to be infected with the common liver fluke which can and does infect the livers of humans.
    Isaan has the highest instance of bile duct cancer in the world. and 80% of people in some villages are infected.
    Yet this extremely cheap and tasty food is still popular with many and many older people will not stop even though they are infected.

These parasites inflame the bile ducts causing cancer over time.
    Avoid eating raw fish products in Thailand and especially in the country.
    I have eaten only cooked fish from the streams while visiting Isaan which is good for me.
    Koi hoi is a variety containing raw snail meat. It has been associated with infection in humans by the rat lungworm.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koi_(dish)

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ed-his-parents
    http://www.ctvnews.ca/health/deadly-...dish-1.3480006

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...01706X10002019
    image_81269.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...fish-dish.html
    image_81268.jpg

www.ladyboysthai.com

Great health advice!

Lucky for me I don't even like Japanese shashimi, so I've never been tempted. Amazing how they will persist in continuing to do something that damages their health.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
    Membership Levels
    The Rookie Thread
    New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
    Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

I have eaten Sushi in Bangkok, but not anymore.
      Probably the reason they don't stop eating these fish is that they are small and plentiful.
      When i stayed out in a village in Isaan I ate small cooked fish.
      During rice season the fish over flow into the rice paddies and the fish swim right up to their house.
      Beyond the parasites the state of the water pollution is probably suspect also, fish absorb all that stuff too.

However with the rice, fish, bugs, bananas, mangos, coconuts, yams, chickens, pigs and cows, they can eat most of their meals virtually free in Isaan villages.
      Really they only need cash for beer, soda, smokes and phone.

Attached Files
      www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

The life cycle goes like this. People can't find a toilet out in the middle of the rice fields so they gookai in the watery rice fields. Parasite hatches and infects the snail. Fish eat the snails and get infected. People like to eat the fishes raw or pickled in vinegar. Life cycle restarts. Got different organ specific parasites that affect liver (flukes), lungs (Korea), and so on. Some disease don't even required eating them. Other flukes can penetrate skin or be swallowed in water. There is a parasite that was documented swimming into a urethra and staying there. The patient wanted to cut open his penis to get it out. Studied this in Clinical Parasitology at the U of Hawaii. Have you ever seen Elephantiasis? Saw one case at a small night carnival where a man had to use crutches to move around. Some require wheelbarrows. It can also affect the testicles. Talk about huge balls.Asia is full of disease traps. They get educated but still like the taste of raw or undercooked fish. Here in Hawaii last year there was a huge outbreak of Hepatitis C for which there is no vaccination or cure. Public health officials finally traced it to a popular sashimi restaurant which had several branches. The source was scallops from the Philippines which is a filthy country full of people who are uneducated and still stay so after they are educated. Everybody is suing everybody. One person died because he had an immunodeficiency disorder. Actually it is impossible to test all the foodstuff coming in from all over the world. After that came the Dengue disease. All this comes from tourists infected elsewhere or immigrants who are now incriminated in the second mumps outbreak. Immigrants are too ignorant or poor to get the MMA vaccinations. I take steps to get all my vaccinations and record them on a yellow vaccination record which is stapled to my passport. I have eaten a wonderful shrimp cocktail at the Popular Pig and Whistle restaurant on Soi 7. The next day I got soft pasty stool. The USA is cracking down on farmed shrimp because they are loaded with Tetracyclin antibiotics. Now it's fishing boat slavery filled with poor Cambodians and Burmese Muslims. Thailand is a great place for parasite and disease research. If you join the United Nation's FAO or Food and Agriculture Organization you will have no problems getting work visas and get paid highly for your skills. Then you can enjoy all the ladyboy hobbies you so desire. So stay away from seafood unless cooked well. Now see if you find a restaurant that will even do this.

Comment

Working...
        X