X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extra day for Songkran

Better arrive earlier than April 12. Banks might be closed.

It's absolutely nuts on the 12th or 11th for that matter

Comment

I've never been to one. Seen lots of YouTube vids about this event. Crazy fun. Maybe this year. How's the air pollution? Gotta time my taxes IRS forms beforehand.

Comment

Songkran gets old fast about 2 days my skin is all chaffed from walking in wet cloths , pattaya is super busy prices are up annoying drunks everywhere first 5 days it starts at noon till dark last 2 or 3 days its all day can't imagine doing it again but here i am going for the month of April at least I'm in Chaiyapium for the first 3 days Good Luck George

Comment

Yeah never had any desire to experience Songkran.
          www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

You know Crag being Canadian some of us plow the white gold thats my play money for the year, stuck in a frozen purgatory from november - march, can't wait for April to get away so I've had to experience Songkran more than i'd like so last year escaped to Hua Hin this year up khon kaen and chaiyapium think next year back to Koh Chang and try and avoid the madness in Pattaya thats Songkran, a day or two would be ok but they take it to a whole other level there !!

Comment

Uh, oh. Might have to stock up or BYOB and spirits. Pick up a couple bottles at the Duty Free shops before you arrive.

Gotta admit this event looks like so much fun. Gotta experience it at least once before I can die happy and satisfied. April's coming up pretty fast. Gotta do my taxes quickly.

Comment

Thats a nightmare scenario for pattaya bars as they are packed with tourist on the 13th as well as thais that don't go home can't see anyone being happy about this plan!!

Comment

Just have to stock up . In my country everything is closed new years day generally speaking so everyone simply stocks up and problem solved. The procrastinators who don't stock up are the only casualties of the committee.

Comment

Note that Pattaya celebrates Songkran for 5 days (and sometimes night), while the rest of the country it is 2-3 days (during the day time only)

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
                    Membership Levels
                    The Rookie Thread
                    New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
                    Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

It's actually 8 days in Pattaya first 5 days water play starts noon till dark last 3 it's all day. Unlike our New Years which we celebrate on the eve and everything is pretty quiet on the actual New Years they start the party at noon of the 13th so there will be a financial loss for bars that can't serve alcohol and tourists that come just to drink excessively and blast water in will be interesting how this turns out. I'll be fine I will stock up prior and since I'm in chaiyapium I won't be around the water play tourists!!

Comment

Whew! Banks WILL be open April 12. Dunknow about the liquor stores. Your comments what a mess Songkran is interesting. I remember reading about when they cancelled the whole celebration after some schmucks were throwing motor oil at some of the participants driving by on motorcycles. It was totally cancelled during a drought year. Still it sounds like fun and should be tried at least once. Type in Thailand Songkran at YouTube.com and watch all the craziness, raincoat styles, and big colorful guns. Everybody is happy.

Oh, if you need to change money, go to Terminal 21 at the bottom floor. Easy to access after you get off the Skytrain at Asoke. Excellent fast service with a smile. Not sure if they're a bank.

BTW, the Samsung Note 5 was advertised before as being waterproof. Not!

Comment

Experience Songkran once everyone should its fun many go just for Songkran, get yourself a waterproof holder that hangs around your neck and a water blaster 'in go crazy!!

Comment

Now what? Scaring the populace about a fake security threat? Read this. Are the tourists of the beloved Country of Thailand under threat by a real danger? How do you distinguish Songkran festivities from the mass crowds every Saturday night? Gotta love martial law without calling it that.

No ‘Songkran’ on Khao San Road. There will be no splashing of water and any other fun activities on Khao Sarn Road in Bangkok this year as the

Comment

George, they are banning Songkran festivities in that area - there will be plenty of other places where they will be tossing more than enough water around. You're posting so many negative things about Thailand, it makes one wonder why you visit there. Remember when the previous King died, there were limited celebrations for an entire year!

By the way, the foreign exchange booths for the major banks stay open during Songkran, even if the branches are closed, and of course the ATMs are still operating.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
                              Membership Levels
                              The Rookie Thread
                              New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
                              Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

Working...
                              X