Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inside job?

https://www.pattayaone.news/pensione...f-560000-baht/

Why keep so much money in a safe? The Thai banks are honest, reliable, and efficient. Money that was stolen and not laundered? Thief was very prepared with sledge hammer, chisel, and crowbars. How did he know there was a strong safe in the residence and how much money was in it? Thief sure took his time working on the safe. Is his girlfriend spotting him while on a date? This tells me that a light-weight hotel safe is not that strong and can be easily broken into with a short crowbar. Luckily I bring Traveler's Cheques as well as my ATM card plus two credit cards. Try looking at this portable safe from Amazon.com

"PacSafe Portable safe".

Look at the GII bags. I have 4 of these and lock them around the arms of a large arm chair or a pipe. I like to keep my passport, greenbacks (few), cards, and enough Bahts for a week of heavy shopping and bar hopping. I never ever leave my hotel room without locking my luggage. Hate to return and kick myself in the ass. Shoulda. Coulda. Extra tip. Spray paint your luggage with fluorescent paint with ugly designs. Ruins you nice new bags, but you're never going to sell them anyway. No thief wants to be seen walking away with these loud bags. Also helps identify my bags quickly coming out of the luggage conveyor belts at Suvarnbhumi Arrivals.

Finally, did this poor guy stage this break in? For an insurance scam? Just like those Indian and Arab tourists who claimed to be carrying 10K worth of Bahts in their tiny pockets. Makes me laugh when I read these funny news in the Thai papers.

Happy vacationing.

Working...
X