Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Police crackdown on farang motorcyclists!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(katoeylover @ Jan. 21 2011,09:57) and a casr at anything more than 35 mph is a deadly weapon.
    It fuckin hurts a lot when it hits you at 15mph too
    Your got yer Mother in a whirl
    Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

(manarak @ Jan. 21 2011,14:42) In the "just a little drunk" department,
      Isn't that right next door to the "just a little pregnant" department?
      "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

thanks, you guys have convinced me of something

Comment

I would not put too much credibility to this story as it was relayed to Tileist. For a start, the regular police have no ability to blacklist anyone. That is only the Immigration police that can do that. Secondly, there is no talk of these matter coming through a judicial process. That takes months, not hours/days. Drink driving is also considered a relative mis-demenour in Thailand and the judiciary will be more inclined to slap down a 2,000b fine than anything else - certainly jail time would be a exception. I know people who have been stoned out of their minds, drunk and killed people in their vehicles and it costs a total of 200,000b to clear the problem incl: the compensation to the bereaved.

I am sure the sentiment is spot on but just dont get all up in arms about what is really going on.

And it does not just take 40,000b - odds are its actually much cheaper than that to make the problem go away. There is probably a whole lot more to the story but I am sure it sounds good when being discussed at 11pm in a bar. By the way, I dont dispute that checkpoints were in place - just maybe the accuracy of how its been chinese whispered to such a level it probably bears no reality to what actually occured.

Cheers
          Mardhi

Comment

(mardhi @ Jan. 21 2011,21:21) Secondly, there is no talk of these matter coming through a judicial process.      That takes months, not hours/days.  
            Correct...And during that lengthy judicial process they keep your passport...You can't legally leave the country...
            "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

(mardhi @ Jan. 21 2011,21:21) I would not put too much credibility to this story as it was relayed to Tileist.   For a start, the regular police have no ability to blacklist anyone.   That is only the Immigration police that can do that.     Secondly, there is no talk of these matter coming through a judicial process.      That takes months, not hours/days.     Drink driving is also considered a relative mis-demenour in Thailand and the judiciary will be more inclined to slap down a 2,000b fine than anything else - certainly jail time would be a exception.    I know people who have been stoned out of their minds, drunk and killed people in their vehicles and it costs a total of 200,000b to clear the problem incl: the compensation to the bereaved.      

I am sure the sentiment is spot on but just dont get all up in arms about what is really going on.

And it does not just take 40,000b - odds are its actually much cheaper than that to make the problem go away.      There is probably a whole lot more to the story but I am sure it sounds good when being discussed at 11pm in a bar.     By the way, I dont dispute that checkpoints were in place - just maybe the accuracy of how its been chinese whispered to such a level it probably bears no reality to what actually occured.      

Cheers
              Mardhi
              that post sounds sensible

Comment

(kahuna @ Jan. 21 2011,10:54) No second chance...If you're falang, you drink you drive you go home with a "don't come back" stamped in your passport...
                Couldn't we all club together and hire a row of free motorbikes for the Russians then
                Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

As mardhi says it isn't thateeasy to get kicked out and a ban on return. A lot of court time and then time in a immigration jail until you can get a ticket and work it out.

How many times has this story been told, probably 3 guys busted and ten guys retelling the story has become 32 I think. Amazing Falang

Comment

What if you just got a new Passport?

OK the name would be the same but it would be a new Passport number... and if you changed your hair color I bet you could get in again.

Comment

I have no problem staying off the motorbikes.
                      Every Thai has a horrible story about a motorcycle accident they were in.
                      Roadburn is the worst pain on earth i have experienced.
                      So i'm not getting on one unless i absolutely need to, but never driving one.
                      I had fun on a motorbike in Koh Chang as you can see.

IMG-20121115-WA000.jpg
                      IMG-20121115-WA004aa.jpg
                      www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

I would probably take my lightweight bicycle helmet. Easier to transport in the luggage. Those ms helmets they carry are useless. Tell them to slow down and do not distract them with conversation so they concentrate on the road. Otherwise motor scooters are great. Got lots of videos waving my GoPro around. They make exciting memories.

Comment

Too dangerous on Motorbikes or Driving cars. I'll let others drive and I will stay off motorbikes as much as possible.
                          I drove around the country but in Bangkok forget it.

I don't think a bicycle helmet will help much in a motorbike crash, although a guy needs something since the helmet they have never fits my huge head.
                          So often there is no choice but to ride without one which is scary.

I have seen more than one falang in Thailand driving a motorbike wearing an old hockey helmet.
                          Here I have a whole bag full of old hockey helmets, maybe i should bring them to Thailand.
                          Attached Files
                          www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Well Crag - that might be another opportunity to make a bit of cash for your LOS visits - sell Canadian hockey helmets in Thailand for those motorcycle riders with extra large heads!

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
                            Membership Levels
                            The Rookie Thread
                            New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
                            Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

Working...
                            X