X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rompho complex closing

Sad but I guess true Rompho beer bar complex closing April 1, anybody on the ground now know if it's a done deal and April 1 is it??

Their website doesn't give any clues
    www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Rompo is alive and well there was a dispute between the leasing company and owner of the property !! It's survival of the fittest right now with a very quiet low season I always stay near the complex so I'll know more in a week when i arrive, the bars that closed have been closed now for awhile the area couldn't sustain over 60 bars anyways but its still a great place to hang out play some pool or darts and there are a few Ladyboys working along with the ladys to liven things up!

Comment

I was thinking of staying in Jomtien instead of Pattaya next time. There seems to be really good prices, cleaner beaches and bigger swimming pools.
        The bus ride is not that bad really and you can never complain on the price.
        www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

I've been staying in Jomtien now the last 3 trips, much prefer it to Pattaya. Cheaper, less hassle, more ex-pats living full time there so you get to know people more as mates and if you want to go to Pattaya its a quick bus ride over the hill.

Comment

Hmm. Interesing. How many good ladyboy bars are in that area? Same numbers as Pattaya's Sois 6,7, and 8? Any good hotel suggestions around the $50 range that are a short walk close to the action?

Comment

The beauty of Jomtien is that most of the places are in the $50 and less range for far nicer places than Soi 8
              There is lots of condo rentals and all types of hotels, most right off the beach.
              You may pay $75 for an standard studio condo at View Talay 6 in Pattaya
              View talay 1-5 are located over by Jomtien and you can pay as low as $20 for a studio condo.

There is ladyboy around but not much for dedicated bars for katoey.
              There was one bar named Sally's in Jomtien that was mostly ladyboys but heard it may have closed.
              However I would assume the ladyboys can be cheaper and easier to deal with over at Jomtien.
              It is not as seedy as areas of Pattaya but there is a bit more families and lots of cheap non sex tourists.

I've often gone over to Jomtien for the day to swim at the beach. The water at Jomtien is not toxic like Pattaya beach.
              You can actually see the bottom at some places and way less of everything like boats and jet skis and the beach seems endless on that side.
              We even bought fresh seafood and a BBQ at some fishing pier, then went to Jomtien and cooked all the food on the beach.
              I wouldn't be doing that in Pattaya at night.

www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

I agree, the baht bus to the corner of South Road and 2nd Road isn't a big deal...plus it still only costs 10 baht. For some people Jomtien is a nice quiet place to stay but for others it doesn't cut it. An Aussie mate and I always took a trip down and we hook up with some others who stay in Jomtien. It is very quiet and this is during high season...have done some bar hopping and to say it is laid back would be an understatement. Personally I like the vibe because it is a nice change from Pattaya but my Aussie mate doesn't...calls it a geriatric centre.
                Anyway, IMHO the best spot in Jomtien for ladyboys is Katty Bar...an excellent place to chill and chat up some ladyboys.

Comment

บาร์เหล้า,เพลง,โต๊ะพูล,ห้องให้เช่า,ใกล้ชายหาด bars,music,pool table, room for rent.near the beach. 75/55 Jomtien beach Rd.Soi4 Nongpru Banglamoong Chonburi, Pattaya, Chon Buri, Thailand 20150

Comment

Katty's bar is hard to find but is on soi 4 and has a relaxed atmosphere , sally's roadhouse on soi 5 is just the roadhouse bar now that sally sold it and mostly ladyboys and another ladyboy bar just up the soi is I think new bar its small with 4 to 5 staff !! Soi 7 bars don't seem to have ladyboys as staff but many drink there and rompho has a few mixed amongst its bars !! Jomtien bars close earlier with 2am normally being late except maybe Rompho where they close when the customers leave! Ive been staying at Jomtien Residence beside Rompho for $25 cdn/night 42 sq metre studio can't beat it also stayed out off soi 16 lotusland resort it has big rooms and a nice pool for $40cdn/night but a little far from the action! Jomtien has a night market, better beachfront (mind you Pattaya's has improved) and an all round different more laid back vibe that I prefer IMHO

Comment

Thanx for the tips. Definitely going to visit the area on my next Winter vacation during the midnight hours. Hope I can spear some lovelies.

Comment

If I were you I would go a little earlier George...anyway, if you decide to go to Katty Bar, here's a map from the facebook page:

kat.jpg

Comment

Good advice

Comment

the latest about ramphoDue to the spread of COVID-19, some points of interest may be closed or imposed restrictions.

Comment

Working...
                            X