X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing you probably get asked a lot... Do you have a Wi Fi service for guests?

Comment

(stogie bear @ Apr. 16 2008,20:19) One thing you probably get asked a lot... Do you have a Wi Fi service for guests?
      The website says it can patch into the internet cafe wifi signal across the raod

But I would like to know how this works, how much it costs, how reliable it is.....
      Mister Arse

Comment

No, I was there in 2006, but you can purchase Wifi access from the internet shop across the way, Lion T Chai or something like that. I did that during my stay.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
        Membership Levels
        The Rookie Thread
        New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
        Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

(rxpharm @ Apr. 16 2008,22:03) No, I was there in 2006, but you can purchase Wifi access from the internet shop across the way, Lion T Chai or something like that. I did that during my stay.
          What does this mean? Can you sit in your apartment and use that wifi service?
          If so, how much?
          Or do you have to go into the shop?
          Mister Arse

Comment

The Place to Stay can pick up the Lion T Chai Wifi signal, but you need a password to access full browsing. It is based on time. You pay x Baht for the different time packages they offer. Can't remember the prices, and likely changes since I was there in 2006.

When I was there the signal was ok by the windows, but when you get further in the room the signal dropped off - but my laptop has the old B rather than the G protocol.

Of course, you can always buy Pringles and make yourself a "cantenna" as described by Bam a couple of years ago.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
            Membership Levels
            The Rookie Thread
            New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
            Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

That's good to know... Thanks for that. I emailed the hotel today and will post their response.

Comment

(Torurot @ Apr. 08 2008,20:14) Stogie is scared of the dark and has so far refused to go.
                I've heard too that he never has gone to Phuket, yet I've seen him be critical of Nick Jackson, sort of backing up JaiDee on that perhaps. I've met Nick a few times too, and never felt anything negative from him. He's a very personable and funny guy I think and when I do go back to Patong I hope Nick is kicking around somewhere and that I can share a few laughs with him.
                “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
                ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

(tapioca @ Apr. 15 2008,21:36) Hello from Phuket, I have lived here in Patong Beach for the past 3 years now and like it! I grew up near a great beach in southern California and have no disappointments with the area here. I guess the only thing I would call foul on is the tuk-tuk service, like others here. They will rip you off if you let them.
                  I own and operate a guest house here that is located 1 block from Bang-La Road, no need to use tuk-tuks or taxis to get around. The rates are mid-range with no joiner fees and you can walk to everything. The new Jungceylon shopping mall is also as close as Bang-La road with many things there to do. I would encourage anyone here to look at my website where you will view photos and get information and rates. The rates adjust 4 times per year to remain competitive with the neighbors. I believe you will get a good value for your baht.
                  www.theplacetostayphuket.com
                  I will be happy to see any members from this forum and have a couple of drinks around town!
                  Tapioca
                  I have stayed at The Place To Stay and wholeheartedly give it my personal endorsement. I loved the place and would always give it first consideration for a room when I do go back to Patong. Tom the owner is a first class guy all the way too.
                  “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
                  ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

I thought the Rendezvous was an excellent value. It's about 10 seconds away from The Place To Stay.

Not as as the website makes it appear. Standard rooms are small so stay in Superior. No lift so stay on low floor.

Rendezvous

Comment

There is no lift at "the place to stay either.

Comment

what about the summer breeze at the top end of Bangla Road, it's home page says "No Charge or extra fee for guest"

Is this true and does it include lbs??

null

Comment

Summer Breeze is an excellent place to stay but you'll be lucky to get in its normally booked up. No problems with guests of any discription, no joiner fees and the the night security guy is great. Its less than 100m to Bangla.
                          I couldn't give a shit how long it is until you're next holiday- I live here

Comment

fancy a trip to patong next summer, what is closing time for the bars? I want to be out as late as poss. that is why i do pattaya so much. but now getting bored of pattaya
                            We've got to get in to get out

Comment

Depending on the whims of the MiB 2 or 3 am is the norm at the moment. However at the top end of Soi Sansabai ( East of Bangla) the Chang Beer Garden has a 24 hour licence. Tis where all the last chance last chancers end up if they don't head out of town to Safari.

Comment

Quick update- Tequila bar now open again and Cocktails& Dreams re-opened across the Soi from its old location. Fairly quiet but that's Phuket at the moment. New place consists of a number of small bar counters and a few small pole dancing stages but I was Ver Ver pissed when I passed through so will make a more up to date post during a soberer trip.

Comment

Working...
                                X