X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phuket Restaurants

Let me get this thread started with two restaurants I like in Patong, after that I leave
    it to the rest of you to add your favorite places.
    "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

My favorite place, which I go back to every trip is a Thai restaurant with the very Un-Thai name
    of Seahag. This food is always great, the staff always happy and gay, and the place itself as queer as a 3 dollar bill. And if you ever get bored during your meal, just go upstairs to the restroom for some male erotica

(Seriously, I go back for the food, which is great and a notch above other places in Patong)

http://www.kenyaphuket.com/
    Attached Files

Comment

99 Seafood Restaurant, Thanon Rat-U-Thit 200 Pee, is just one of a bunch of
      open-air seafood restaurants opposite the Royal Paradise Hotel.
      The big difference is they have some LB working there, so they got my business.

The food was very good and the price was fine (i.e. I didn't feel like I was getting ripped off, like most of Patong).
      Attached Files

Comment

You go Bucket lor?
        "I can see it in the eyes.....they get hollow and soulless a year or 2 after the Op .... I coined the term ''shark eyes'' to describe that look"

Jaidee 2009

The other white meat

Comment

Do you mean did I go to Phuket ?, yes. Just got back from a long weekend.

Comment

Good stuff Snick i don't even recall seeing that Seahag. Shows you where my head is most of the time. I usually go to a few select places that ladyboys have shown me over the years. funny when i take others to them they ask me "How you know about this?" I have no clue what their name is but could find them easy. I do like that Italian place next to Didi's 24 hour resteraunt. Alway crave that wood oven Pizza and they also have thai dishes for the my guest.

Used to go to this 99 baht all you can eat place, but Hard Rock has gone in down there. Mint showed me one back toward Nanai road, think it was 109 or 119 baht. Even had a duet singing.

Great start, hope some others add on to it. I forward to recognising some places I ate at. Definitely be looking up the Seahag next trip.

Comment

Thumbs up for Seahag - been there twice over the times I've visted Phuket good food, very tasty.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
              Membership Levels
              The Rookie Thread
              New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
              Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

Approx. 20 metres away from C&D there is an excellent seafood restaurant called Chiang Rai.
                When you come out of C&D, turn right and CR is on the left end side, right at the back of the Tiger complex.
                Very good seafood and not particularly expensive if you consider the central location.
                http://thenonpcblog.blogspot.com

Comment

I think thats the one Azza has raved about. I meant to stop by last trip but yeilded to the ladyboys choice. Its in that area with all the plastic chairs and other resteruants.

Comment

I agree on Chiang Rai restaurant. It does not look fancy but the food is good. It is always busy, which is a good sign.
                    The service is fast, you never have to wait long. And they have a hot hostess, walking around in one of these tight Chang beer outfits.

Comment

(blake @ Jul. 08 2009,23:17)

I agree on Chiang Rai restaurant. It does not look fancy but the food is good. It is always busy, which is a good sign.
                      The service is fast, you never have to wait long. And they have a hot hostess, walking around in one of these tight Chang beer outfits.

Yes, this Chiang-Rai Seafood Restaurant near to C&D is very good and cheap..  

Comment

This is a focal point for me at the moment.  Love Phuket, but when I look back at money spent after a trip, it's inevitably the restaurants that were the unaccounted-for variable.  

I have found a couple of non-touristy Thai street stalls that are good food at non-Phuket Thai prices...

Walking to the top of Bangla, if you turn right, after you pass the big mall complex on the opposite side, another hundred meters or so on the beach side of the road you'll come across a slightly-raised cementish area with food carts.  That place is more inline with real Thai style.

The other spot may or may not be only daytime, but if you go left out of Bangla, pass Paradise, to the 7/11 on the away-from-beach side of the road, tucked around the corner on the far side, is your typical mom's cooking for mom's prices.  Recommended.

Good luck.

Comment

I echo Tally for the Chaing Rai- far better value than the Beach Road Restaurants.
                          Japanese- Fuji in Jungceylon
                          TexMex- BBQ Hut near Tootsies (be aware they have moved acroos the road and across from Le Meridian Hotel
                          Issan BBQ- Issan BBQ on Nanai Road
                          Other Seafood places- Mae Ubol Market, Nanani Road
                          Burger King- Burger King 5555.
                          Steaks/Burgers- Shakers ( again moved- further up Rat U thit towards Tootsies)
                          Pizza- Pizza place on Sansabai 20m from the Bangla Junction
                          I couldn't give a shit how long it is until you're next holiday- I live here

Comment

If you go from Bangla turn right when you get to Water World Asia. Behind the Family Mart there is a nice resturant. Last time I ate there it was 80 baht including something to drink. Plus there's a bar with lbs on the other side of the road.

Behind Jungceylon, up towards Nanai, there's a lot of food carts. On Nanai road there's a couple of cheaper resturants. Expect to pay up to 50 baht.

There's some market thingy, or something, somewhere on Nanai Rd, wich I think is cheap. But when I've been there I've been way too drunk to really remember. It 'felt' cheap

The Chiang Rai is indeed nice.

Last time around I ate a couple of times at the resturant at the Sand Inn hotel, mostly because someone special wanted to eat there. The bill usually ticked in between 500 and 600 baht. Hey, big spender

How are the prices at Seahag?

Comment

Seahag was about 300-400 for a full fish, which is the same price as most other spots.
                              For a full service, air-conditioned restaurant its a bargain. Good Wine Too.

Comment

Working...
                              X