Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hidden gem on Nanai road, Pizzeria da Michele run by an Italian chef, Italian pizza to die for, the dough is freshly made everyday and the pizza is cook in a wood stove. Everything on the menu is very good and not expensive. They also have Thai food made by a Thai women that is very good, my friend Thai wife is saying that the Thai food is very good, in fact she is the one asking if we want to go eat pizza (that she don't eat) just to go eat the Thai food there. She now own a Thai and farang food restaurant in a hotel in Patong, she is a very good cook for Thai food and European food, she used to live in Switzerland a few years ago. The restaurant is fairly new it was built this summer so I let you know about it on my next trip. She used to cook for us and a few well known customer of the hotel and if the food in her restaurant is anything like she was doing for us it will be very good particularly the farang food.

Pizzeria da Michele have good in house wine and a grappa with a Italian espresso to finish the meal.

Here is a link for a map to Pizzeria da Michele:

Pizzeria da Michele
    Nanai Road 114 - Patong

Comment

(driftwood @ Dec. 15 2009,04:40) It's hard to beat the deft cooking at The Sea Hag, but I know another place that's right up there in kitchen skill and atmosphere -
      Pan Yaah at 249 Prabaramee Rd., located 1.5 KM from Patong Novotel on the Beach Rd to Kamala.

This is a quick taxi or tuktuk ride, but a little too far to walk from most of Patong.
      Beautiful location on the Northside shore of Patong Bay, awesome views through huge open air windows, and classic Thai cooking centered on fantastic seafood.
      Incredible whole fish. Awesome garlic mussel appetizer.

Call ahead to book one of the window tables. 076-290450-1
      On separate occasions my ladyboy dates kept commenting how romantic it is. But it's mainly a great place for some serious seafood.

a couple pics of Pan Yaah.
      http://thailand.menulog.com/pan_yaah...aurant/gallery
      Pan Yaah is a very good Thai restaurant but you need to make reservation not only for the window tables but to make sure you have a table. I recommend Pan Yaah for the place, the food and the friendly owner.

Comment

For a mo ka ta (Isaan, Korean BBQ) go to one on Thanon Pisitkoraneee in Patong just before the Wat Suwan Kiriwong at the bottom of the Patong Hill, the food is very good, cheap (I think the last time I was there it was 199 bahts a head) and your Thai friends will very much enjoyed the evening there.

You may have to wait for a table because of the popularity of the place and you can be fined if you leave to much food on your plate.

Thanon Pisitkoraneee is the continuity of Thanon Sainamyen.

Comment

A other place that your Thai companion will enjoy very much is the MK restaurant at Jungceylon, good food, medium price. I forgot to mention that the roasted slice duck is very very good at MK.

This is a Thai style suki restaurant.

Comment

For a very good medium price Italian restaurant in Patong, Trattoria Capri Da Rico, this restaurant has been there for ages, I think it the the oldest Italian restaurant in Patong. Italian food to die for, better to make reservation because it's very popular: 076 340 646, 076 341 477

Comment

For upscale Thai food the Lair Lay Tong Restaurant at the end of Soi DR Wattana, one of my favourite place to eat in Patong. I eat there every time I am in Patong from almost 10 years. Don't forget to taste the goong sarong appetizer and they also make a few European dish, I recommend the escargots.

Comment

Defo The Islander for me http://phuketdir.com/theislander/

I have always eaten there pre and post tsunami on my visits to Phuket

I also had a most enjoyable Xmas dinner there last year in the company of Jimbo and that Yorkshire "git" titlelist    

Sonya was also meant to join us but thats a different story    , fuck I still .............    
                Your got yer Mother in a whirl
                Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

You gonna have a repeat of that this year, DD? (the dinner, not the Sonya Situation)

Comment

Not this Year Im afraid amigo   , maybe take the g/f to Phuket or Samui next year after a trip to Hat Yai for the songkran    
                    Your got yer Mother in a whirl
                    Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

One of my favourite spots
                      Attached Files

Comment

For Mo ga tat style BBQ try the Soi across from the Honda garage by the bridge at the south end of town. B120 a head and the one of choice for a lot of ladies. It seats around 200
                        I couldn't give a shit how long it is until you're next holiday- I live here

Comment

Working...
                        X