Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was there today and it was fine.

Comment

patong is the best beach in Thailand......just behind Pattaya.....and that does not include Jomtien....

Comment

(batman4ever @ Nov. 10 2009,14:39) beaches are for pussies....
        I demand satisfaction!

Comment

hey azza...obviously these guys have never been to St Kilda.....now thats wat i call a beach....

never mind ...Torquay , Jan Juc , Point Addis , Angelsea, Fairhaven , Lorne, Wye River and Apollo Bay.....

and Not to mention 13th and Ocean Grove.....

and for U guys on the Mornington Penninsula, Sorrento and Rye....

to be quite honest guys ..the beaches in Thailand suck......

thank God For swimming pools and ladyboys.....

p.s too bad we dont have any L'bs on da beach back home....

Comment

I know what you mean, i do miss the real waves of a good Victorian surf beach...

But i do like to occasionally venture in the placid waters off    ; just a shame 2 weeks ago it was like sewerage

As for Patong being "clean" - that's laughable... but i know it can be pleasant and usable - I look forward to January and seeing if things are much better.

Just a note on Patong from something i read a few years back, before the tsunami , the water was tested at Patong and there were 1000+ impurities, just post tsunami it was down to 2, the other day i reckon there were 5000+    - just bad timing i guess  

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

(jimbo34 @ Nov. 10 2009,14:29)
              (Ivor Biggun @ Nov. 08 2009,16:46) sea lice. Get a mbike, go to the south end of the beach, up and over the hill to the next bay- it's far nicer (and quieter). I wouldn't go in the sea off Patong Beach if you paid me
               You're a funny chap, Ivor. You venture to Bangla once a week, and you never use the beach in Patong! I'm wondering why you choose to live here   . Is there something about nanai Road i don't know about?

Incidentally, i went to the beach yesterday, and it was lovely. The water was clear and clean.
              Yes, in rainy season, the currents change and bring in a lot of rubbish that's normally just floating about in the Indian Ocean, but for the next 4 months the beach is lovely, if a bit crowded.
              Errrrrrm there's a beach in patong- must have missed it 555555555555. If on the rare occasion I do go there instead of over the hill its either the Loma Park bit or right at the north end by the rocks, tends to be less crowded up there. I just like going to Taeweewong coz its quieter and there's no touts. I'm just an anti-social basket  

Plus- topless old german ladies and their husbands in speedoes
              I couldn't give a shit how long it is until you're next holiday- I live here

Comment

Maybe we should introduce a Beach Patrol- kick a pneumatic LB out of bed on a rota and get her to run down the beach in slow motion, gathering data as she bounces along. Donut might not be the best option as her boots would get stuck!!
                I couldn't give a shit how long it is until you're next holiday- I live here

Comment

Working...
                X