X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bicycle? Not a chance.
    But hey, if you can ride a bicycle you can ride a motor-sai these days - everything is auto. Just twist and go! give it a try around your hotel, you'll soon get the hang of it. then the ride to Patong is easy.
    www.ladyboy-bar.com
    cocktailsanddreamsphuket.com

Comment

I was actually thinking of something just like that Jimbo. It's sort of a scooter deal no?  How much do they rent for? And since it is high season maybe I should book one right away? Can you recommend any decent outfit that has this sort of thing?

And btw Jimbo, just spent all last night looking at your C & D cache of photos... WOW!         ...I'm sending you my M-D list, a schedule and all the bar fines right away before Dave Duke absconds with the best of 'em.        

I will be meeting you very soon I'm sure.  
      In this game the object is to mate the queen.    

Comment

Push bike in the day would be interesting with the fekkin great hill but it would be a great coast down the other side and sweat out the beer . It takes me an hour and 40 minutes to walk from my place on Nanai to the centre of Kamala- a distance of approx 10k. From dusk onwards- forget it, you'd be strawberry jam. Motor Bikes available all over the place anywhere fom B150 per day up depending on the length of rental. No licence will be a B300 fine, as will no helmet, if stopped by the cops. Regular drink driving checkpoints are set up in kamal now as well. Some places will demand your passport- not a good idea as a copy of it is really all they should take. PM me closer to the date and I can ask around for you with some of my more relible sources. Let me know if you are planning on being Patong or Kamala based so I know who to ask  
        I couldn't give a shit how long it is until you're next holiday- I live here

Comment

Cheers Ivor, you're da man!  

But it has to be one of those automatic easy thingies Jimbo mentioned or else I will certainly be, as you so wonderfully described, strawberry jam.

Comment

And as for the bike ride, been studying the route on Google earth and with a decent mountain bike it looks like it could be fun... daytime of course.

I am heeding you guys though and will not even consider a bicycle as a real form of transport, just a diversion and a bit of exercise.

Comment

For purely self-centred reasons i have been compiling a list of C&D ladies who have motorbikes (if you saw the hill they have to walk down from my place you'd understand ). maybe there's a niche market to rent them out during the day- A fleet of pink motorbikes may be the way ahead  

Comment

I think I'm warming to all this Ivor!  ...A good friend, an old Asia hand, said get the hell away from the water, it's all tourists. The further you get toward the mountains, the more you get into the relaxed old expat community and the local folks not on the make.

I am actually an old expat myself, (17 years in Bali), so that certainly struck a chord.

Comment

Poor old ***** had to walk down the hill the other week as i was still too hung over to drive the truck and give her a ride home. Half way down the hill she gave up on the High Heels, sat down, took them off and went barefoot the rest of the way!! I'm 10 minute away from Bangla on a Motorbike taxi but its really quiet up here at night and a completely different Patong.

Comment

Working...
                  X