X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This can't be true surely?

Going through to wonderful pics posted by Ivor Biggun and Jimbo for Ning Nongs party and in some of the pictures I read something that startled me.

Seems there is now a minimum of 500 baht bin before you are allowed to bar fine.

Hopefully I am reading this wrong?

Anyone enlighten me?
    Attached Files

It wouldn't surprise me.

First, let me say that the talent in C&D looks to be the best of any venue in LOS. Which means C&D has the best talent of any venue in the world. BEST IN THE WORLD.

Ok, add to that the manager (Jimbo) is a world-class guy himself, and a real treat to meet.

Add in the fact that it seems some punters want to consider the place a whorehouse, hop in and grab a girl and go, and you see the problem this creates for Jimbo. Laws in LOS are such that if is running a whorehouse, he will be closed down. Seems counterintuitive but it's true. He can run a drinking and dining establishment, but he cannot run a whorehouse.

So, how would the authorities ever have a case? If the major source of revenue for his bar was "bar fines" rather than drinks.

Put yourself into his place. How do you convince the idiots that this is not a whorehouse, it's a bar? I've heard him to try to make the case on here more than once. If you want a whorehouse, stand on the corner of Bangla Road and proposition a streetwalker. Then take her to your house. But if you want a cabaret and bar where they happen to employ the most beautiful lineup of ladyboys on Planet Earth, go to Jimbo's club.

Buy a drink or three. It's not gonna kill you.

P.S. - please don't take this as a personal attack on you Ozzie. I doubt buying a few drinks would ever be an issue for a standup guy like you Ozzie.
    Making newbie mistakes since 2009 so you don't have to

Comment

My guess: I think the sign used to say that the "hostess" can go out of the bar if you pay 500bt. But maybe that was too overt. So they reworded it, but it's just the barfine by another name.

Comment

Nope, read the sign Farangbah. They still refer to the barfine... if you have a minimum 500 baht check bin the hostess can leave the bar with a "stop work fee 400".

Comment

First, let me say that the talent in C&D looks to be the best of any venue in LOS. Which means C&D has the best talent of any venue in the world. BEST IN THE WORLD.
          No doubt there is talent in C&D but twice as much or more in places like Obsessions and Cascade in Bangkok. I really enjoy C&D it is relaxing and usually low pressure to have a drink and check out the scenery.

Ok, add to that the manager (Jimbo) is a world-class guy himself, and a real treat to meet.
          Agree Jimbo is a nice bloke.

Add in the fact that it seems some punters want to consider the place a whorehouse, hop in and grab a girl and go, and you see the problem this creates for Jimbo. Laws in LOS are such that if is running a whorehouse, he will be closed down. Seems counterintuitive but it's true. He can run a drinking and dining establishment, but he cannot run a whorehouse.
          Huh? You really don't quite understand they way things work in LOS do you mate? What about the thousands upon thousands of other bars throughout Thailand how do they get away with it? Why don't they have a minium bin requirement?

Put yourself into his place. How do you convince the idiots that this is not a whorehouse, it's a bar? I've heard him to try to make the case on here more than once. If you want a whorehouse, stand on the corner of Bangla Road and proposition a streetwalker. Then take her to your house. But if you want a cabaret and bar where they happen to employ the most beautiful lineup of ladyboys on Planet Earth, go to Jimbo's club.
          Sorry again mate but a rose by any other colour as they say is still a rose. Dress it up anyway you like.

Comment

(farangbah @ Dec. 23 2009,16:13)  My guess: I think the sign used to say that the "hostess" can go out of the bar if you pay 500bt.  But maybe that was too overt.  So they reworded it, but it's just the barfine by another name.
            Well the bar fine is 400 baht.

And they way I read that sign is you have to also have a bin of 500 baht which would make a minimum spend of 900.

Comment

My understanding is also that it can't be called a brothel unless it has rooms on the premises.

Comment

I f you enlarge this pic and look at the sign it reads 'Hostess can stop work and go out but your drinks bill MUST be B500. Stop work fee B400' - so yes spend a minimum of B900. I'm sure Jim can clarify this when he's online.
                Attached Files
                I couldn't give a shit how long it is until you're next holiday- I live here

Comment

just tried to enlarge that bit- will try again.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Blurry so 2nd time lucky
                    Attached Files

Comment

Yes, unless you spend 500Bt, you cant take the lady. simple as that.

Why should i lose all my best staff to twats who don't even buy a couple of drinks?

Surely not a problem for you, Ozzie? Your bin was always way in excess of that. And why should your choice of girls be reduced by some berk walking away with all the dollies.

The main reason a bar has attractive girls on show, is to attract customers! If they're all gone without anybody buying a drink, who will be attracted into the bar. And where will the girls , and the punters for that matter, go when the bar has to shut through lack of business?
                      www.ladyboy-bar.com
                      cocktailsanddreamsphuket.com

Comment

Sounds fair enough to me. I think what Ozzie is upset about is seeing the policy in writing. Most of the BM's here are aware that they need to support the establishments with drink purchases as well as bar fines in order to keep our venue's in the pink. The policy is in writing to inform the wankers (non-Ozzie, non-normal BM Stand-Up-Guy) that it takes more than barfines to keep the doors open.

I don't have a problem at all with it, and the only one who would is the cheap charlie who doesn't want to buy a couple of drinks along with taking the lady.

Comment

A very good idea, although presumably that rule becomes a little more relaxed as 3am approaches

Comment

(deepthroat @ Dec. 23 2009,12:19) the only one who would is the cheap charlie who doesn't want to buy a couple of drinks along with taking the lady.
                            Does not affect cheap charlies since they don't pay barfines.
                            For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil.
                            —2 Corinthians 5:10

Comment

Deepthroat is spot on. Its very annoying to lose the "showcase" girls at 9pm to a guy who hasn't supported the bar in any way.
                              It must also be annoying to the guys who do support the bars, like the guys here on these forums.

And Pentire is correct - the rule is more relaxed late in the evening.

Remember Ozzie, nothing is set in concrete. If a regular customer comes in, we really won't have a problem. Its to protect them, and ourselves, against the casual prowler carrying his bottle of water.Remember our "Wall of Shame" and the picture of the guy we call The Snake? He's typical - lurks around the bars carrying his bottle of water, talent spotting. Makes his selection, and away goes a top quality girl at very little benefit to the bar.
                              www.ladyboy-bar.com
                              cocktailsanddreamsphuket.com

Comment

Working...
                              X