X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soi Dogs - A charity in Phuket

Has any of the regular Phuket crowd heard or come across a local charity called Soi Dogs?

Watched a documentry last evening on one of the small channels on cable about this organization. The focus of the docu was the work carried out by this organization in treating stays and more importantly sterilization as it is reported that Phuket has 20,000 strays.

Whilst not everybody will agree with this charity and i suspect not everyone on this board likes Mutts, but i was quite taken by the work this group do being a Dog lover. The treatment they provide is probably the only chance these Dogs have and services stretch to the local community with treatment and sterilation for Thai pet owners.
    i'm going where the sun keeps shining.................

Recently saw a similar Doco about the stray dog problem in Bali..rabies and all...

Seems quite insurmountable in terms of vaccinations alone
    Did you exchange a walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage

Comment

(marshal @ Jan. 15 2011,18:47) ...and services stretch to the local community with treatment and sterilation for Thai pet owners.
      Phew... sterilising the Thai pet owners, that seems a bit rough...        
      Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

Now that would solve a few problems..

Comment

(pacman @ Jan. 15 2011,19:33)
          (marshal @ Jan. 15 2011,18:47) ...and services stretch to the local community with treatment and sterilation for Thai pet owners.
          Phew...   sterilising the Thai pet owners, that seems a bit rough...        
          Just realised how it reads

I will rephrase ; so that Thai pet owners can have there pets sterilized

Comment

The Thais are a tough breed.

Despite the obvious health consequences of having soi dogs sniffing and pissing all over their food they seem to keep on rolling.

thais don't seem to see soi dogs as a problem so why should we?

My own 'fix' would not be appealing to animal lovers!
            SHEMALE.CENTER
            World's Greatest Tgirl Cam Site.

Comment

(marshal @ Jan. 15 2011,18:47) Has any of the regular Phuket crowd heard or come across a local charity called Soi Dogs?
              I have a friend who is very involved with them. They seem like a good bunch.

Comment

(Rocket J. Squirrel @ Jan. 16 2011,10:06)
                (marshal @ Jan. 15 2011,18:47) Has any of the regular Phuket crowd heard or come across a local charity called Soi Dogs?
                I have a friend who is very involved with them.  They seem like a good bunch.
                Thanx Rocket had a good look at the website. They seem to do a lot of good work. Being a dog lover i must admit i would in the future like to see what they are about. Going to be stuck in blighty for a bit though, might do something from a distance!

Comment

(Bumpa STIKKA @ Jan. 15 2011,22:37) thais don't seem to see soi dogs as a problem so why should we?

My own 'fix' would not be appealing to animal lovers!  
                  I agree...But maybe they can get Michael Vick to contribute...Seems to me to to be more pressing concerns one could have...

How about Soi Children...
                  "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

I like animals too. But not more than humans.

In this case, just euthanise the dogs and spend the money on the kids

Comment

Ahhh.... At first I thought this was about the Blues band.....

Comment

Working...
                      X