Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back in the day, there were dozens of gay bars in Patpong. Not on Patpong One or Two but on the next soi heading north (?), heading towards Bangrak.

I never went very far there, the sight of all those Nancy boys mincing around with their passive/aggressive efforts to drag you in, it was more than I needed.

A couple of times I had to duck down a back soi right past some of the bars & it was always with a feeling of terror. How times change...      

Once the monks were elected into Government & held the balance of power in the early 80's, things changed quickly. Over night Bangkok woke to discover most of Patpong had been bulldozed & the gay bars were no more.

Blocks of bars, restaurants, clubs, sex shows, you name it...  GONE!!        

One of the most infamous gay bars was owned by a well known Australian TV identity. His nickname suggests he's gay, it rhymes with Dolly.

I never ventured inside his place but I have it on good authority that it was a pretty rough place where all manner of things could be seen.

The Bangkok of today is a milder scene than it once was. Thank heavens the monks lost support as they wanted to shut every place that catered for westerners by exploiting local girls.

And this forum would never have happened....        
    Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

There is one Gay bar left in Patpong , next the Pink Panther or whatever they call it now at Surawong end. NO femboys in there, just bodybuilders with moustache. Even Pinochio is fcuked up. Only K3 left now and that is not patch on the old place. They will have to renovate the place or the ceiling will collapse one day due to the water ingress over the years from the rain..upstairs is a state of non repair- typical Thailand bar mentality

Comment

I took a look last night. If you dont mind paying 250 baht for a coke then then try the Patpong gay bars out

The problem is that they wont let you linger and look before turning nasty

Also the Tawan/Tarntawan area is a pile of rubble for the most part and truly fucked

KC3 was ok but half the street is a building site.. The whole area is dead and no customers in the GG bars either

Comment

(Tomcat @ Apr. 25 2011,14:29) I took a look last night. If you dont mind paying 250 baht for a coke then then try the Patpong gay bars out

The problem is that they wont let you linger and look before turning nasty

Also the Tawan/Tarntawan area is a pile of rubble for the most part and truly fucked

KC3 was ok but half the street is a building site.. The whole area is dead and no customers in the GG bars either
          Thanks a lot for your "report", TC...

As I mentioned before, I was looking for some quiet place where I could order a drink ( or three) and just "observe"...(and maybe find some lovely femboy because muscled guys are definitely not my COT...)

250 THB coke doesn't bother me that much but I don't want any hassle...

Anyway, I'll see, I'm kinda bored atm because I think I've seen everything "normal" already so I might give it a try...eventually...

Comment

250B a coke dont bother me much either ... but it would some guys, and i dont blame them

KC3 has a few femmeboy types now but you have to go every night as they seem to get barfined quickly.
            Ill be back there Saturday for another taster , maybe even friday as there is a real sweety that i need to notch up on the bedpost

Heres the thing , you have to go at least three times in a row to catch all the staff. suppose that rule applies for any bar.... on one visit only some sweeties will always be missing

Comment

I go with Ex and her friend in a gay gogo in the end of Pat2... real great....!!!
              But Ex take 2 .....

Dieter
              Ladyboy Pro....A Bigger Bang

Comment

Working...
              X