X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smart Bus

Finally there is a way to get around the thieving tuk tuk and taxi drivers in Phuket. Don't tell me they are not, working out when I was there the fare was 4 times higher than equivalent distance in Australia.

Anyway a service has been running for a few years called SmartBus,(its blue and white)leaves right at the end of the domestic terminal, air-conditioned, modern, with intelligent polite drivers, who will basically drop you anywhere along the route if you can explain where you are going. Thai helps but I assume most of them can read Thai. So just have a place on the main route near where you are staying and they generally drop there if its a bit far from the registered bus stops. 170 that to all the beaches including Rawai, but not Naiharn.

Probably as a concession to the taxi mafia it leaves in the most far away spot from International, and even the support staff at the information will try to direct you to shuttles. Mostly Thai workers and Chinese, Indos etc. onboard, often I am the only faring onboard

Generally I have found they go faster than it says on there timetables too.

Good thing there is two cards you can purchase to get cheaper fares if just beach hopping. Forgot the names but a bit of research will find them. The card. you can use in restaurants etc is the best deal as you can top up and basically use for your whole stay. The card brings the minimum cash fare of 170 baht down to 50 baht kata to Karon, and I think the same to Patong.

There are two apps you can download to track the bus, I found ViaBus to be the most accurate, posted location of the bus quite well. Used to wait till it was about 10 minutes away and walk to the stop.

Takes the scenic route to the airport, for me a plus cause I like looking at all the beaches on the way out.

Designated pick up stops which show up on the map and you can track your walk to them. Runs basically every hour.

Damn sight better than paying 700-900 baht for a taxi or tuk tuk from Kata to Patong etc.

Great tip WinniePooh, excellent alternative to the Phuket tuk tuk mafia!

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
    Membership Levels
    The Rookie Thread
    New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
    Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

The smart bus is still operating, was there in June. Location a bit different, walk out of international past domestic and the road kind of bends around with lots of buses parked there two or which are usually smart bus. The card where you can have multiple journeys as low as 50 baht no longer in operation. Just a standard 100 baht hop on fee, and a couple of package deals. Still bloody good services and miles better than taxi or tuk tuk. Place was crawling with ladyboys at the time and the quality and cock size has gone up tremendously in the massage places. Not as aggressive as before, some real honeys who love to play never went into a bar not my scene. Massage girls were real fun, didn't seem to chase the bucks too much, except for one place seaside of bottom road not far from Burger King or Maccers. Between two alright joints but they take you down the alley a bit. The bitch I got started moaning about money the. moment I got in there, just lay down 200 baht and walked out after less than 5. mins. She bitched and moaned and glared at me every time I walked past after that

Comment

Thanks for the updates. Good to hear it's crawling with ladyboys.

www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Working...
        X