X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So you visited Soi 9...

Not sure where to post it and if it was posted before/everybody already knows it.

BiB stopped you on the motorcycle. You got to pay for having no licence, no helmet, whatever.

After paying for that you are allowed to keep on driving and you cannot get charged for this offences again on this day! Just show them your "bill" and everythings fine.

yeah they interrupted our night that one time huh dont care much about the money but a pain in the ass when you are busy or its hot out. Also on the same note try to be nice to the guy who writes the ticket, because sometime they will only charge for no helmet. But if they want to be an ass they will charge you if you dont have a license or no sticker expired sticker.. last time they tried to charge me for 1200 baht no helmet, expired sticker and no license.

Comment

They got me two times this weekend.
      Sunday when we came from Si Racha - no helmet. Monday when we went back to my company for no helmet and no license.

1000 baht total this weekend. Still cheaper than a taxi.

btw: Kung wasn't too nice to them. I don't know what she said but she sounded pissed.

Comment

Freebird...More Fool You for not wearing a helmet I know helmets feel restictive but hey come on !

Comment

Having destroyed two full face helmets in motorcycle crashes caused by things other than me, I will not ride without one. Up to you!

Comment

Don't whine on the forum about getting fined for breaking the law, buy fucking a helmet.

I've made kathylc  

Comment

Did I whine? I just gave some advice someone might find usefull (or not).

Helmet or not? Guess that's up to me...

Breaking the law? Each time you pay a girl for sex...

Comment

I think murder is against the law in LOS as well... ...that's a different thread...
                "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

I have been stopped quite a bit but only when I am driving my pickup on the main roads to and from Bangkok and Pattaya. Usually I forget that it's close to the end of the month and the BiB's are out to suppliment their meager income at motorists expense. I have taken to having 2 100 Baht notes wrapped with my license and when they get to my window they see the money and then expertly put their ticket book close to the window so that I can slip the money underneath it. Never a problem, no more discussion and I am on my way. I have never been told that 200 Baht was not enough, I guess maybe they figure that if I am smart enough to have money out and ready for them I must know the score and why bother with me. Smiling, saying your sorry and not having an attitude goes hand in hand with what I have stated.

Comment

Been pulled up 3 times in Patts because my "teerak" refuses to wear a helmet because it interfere's with her hair   ( fines @ 400baht apiece)

On a recent trip to Phuket we were pulled up again a couple of times while she was driving, the first time she tried to "do a runner" after being flagged down for not wearing a helmet but we were caught up  , I must admit to being surprised at the Policeman's leniency towards her considering

The thing that puzzled me was that after she was given a fine for not wearing a helmet she was "allowed" to drive to the Police Station to pay the fine still "not" wearing it    ( fines @ 300baht apiece)

On the second occasion she insisted on driving down Bangla Road when it was "closed off" for driving.

I personally "Always" wear a helmet and carry my International driving licence with me under the seat
                    Your got yer Mother in a whirl
                    Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

I have lost count of the number of casual acquaintances who have died in Pattaya because of crashes when not wearing crash helmets.

Everyones own call but dont be under any illusions and dont expect any fair treatment from the average Car or pick up driver in terms of considerations - its a simple rule on the road and the bikes are at the bottom of the food chain.

be safe out there.

Cheers
                      Mardhi

Comment

This thread would fit well in the section: Life and Living in Thailand
                        You Live and You Learn -- Hopefully!

Comment

(daveduke007 @ Jun. 11 2008,00:28) The thing that puzzled me was that after she was given a fine for not wearing a helmet she was "allowed" to drive to the Police Station to pay the fine still "not" wearing it ( fines @ 300baht apiece)
                          Even funnier:

My teerak doesn't have a drivers license. Again: She has NO LICENSE, she is officially not allowed to drive at all.

Guess what, she went to the police station with the motorbike to pay the fine...

Comment

The helmet they give you when you rent a bike here in Thailand are not worth a crap, I bring one with me when I travel.

Comment

You bring a crash helmet with you on holiday
                              Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

Working...
                              X