X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taxi from Suvarnabhumi to Pattaya...

I normally start my trips in Bangkok so get a taxi meter from the airport into bangkok. This time I'm heading down to pattaya first.
    What's the best way to get there from the airport?
    When I'm travelling from bkk to pattaya i like to try and find a new looking taxi and a driver that seem pretty lucid.
    I've had a few dodgy rides to pataya with the taxi driver almost falling asleep at the wheel!!
    I would of thought if i just joined the taxi meter queue I'd end up with the next taxi/driver in line.
    Any suggestions? I arrive thursday morning at 6.30 am

Mr T

Comment

I nearly always use Mr T Taxis, both ways BKK / Pattaya.  Very reliable and good price @ 1000 baht (motorway, with them paying the toll).  They know me well now - when they ask who's booking, I just say 'Mr T'!

+66 38720318  They will pick you up from the Airport
      TT

Comment

I have used Mr T for the past two trips and have Him booked for this upcoming May trip, excellent service.

If at first you don't succeed, Skydiving is not for you !

Comment

so what you call him up and give him your flight number and what time you will get in and someone will be there?

Comment

I used a guy the other week, private hire BKK to Patttaya 800 baht Have his number if you want it simon, just drop me a PM !
            Be lucky,have fun & stay young !

Comment

I would take the 8:00 Bell Bus. You get dropped off at your Pattaya hotel and it only costs 200 baht. I find it a very comfortable way to travel.

You can reserve by email and pay when u arrive.

[email protected]

Comment

(simon_125 @ Apr. 07 2009,22:32) so what you call him up and give him your flight number and what time you will get in and someone will be there?
                Exactly - holding a large sign at the Arrivals meeting point saying 'Simon 125 .. Ladyboy Perv'     BTW I've corrected the phone code from my original post.

[email protected]   is the email address.
                TT

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys. I have sent mr T an email.
                  Hope to catch up a few of you in pattaya and bangkok.

Comment

(PigDogg @ Apr. 07 2009,23:08) I would take the 8:00 Bell Bus.  You get dropped off at your Pattaya hotel and it only costs 200 baht.  I find it a very comfortable way to travel.

You can reserve by email and pay when u arrive.

[email protected]
                    I agree with this recommendation!

It's a great service - express bus, then minivan door to door service to your Pattaya hotel.

There is an 8am bus departing from the airport, you should have enough time to catch this one.

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

(TTChang @ Apr. 07 2009,10:15) I nearly always use Mr T Taxis, both ways BKK / Pattaya. Very reliable and good price @ 1000 baht (motorway, with them paying the toll). They know me well now - when they ask who's booking, I just say 'Mr T'!

+66 38720318 They will pick you up from the Airport
                      Is Mr T the same as Mr Toom? I used Mr Toom's drivers 3 times with no problem, but the last time I was returning home, his driver never arrived, so after waiting 45 minutes, I had the desk clerk at Yensabai Condo call another private taxi for me.
                      I liked Mr Toom's service because he uses Volvos which are much more solid if you are in a wreck and also roomier inside so more comfortable.
                      “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
                      ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

(simon_125 @ Apr. 07 2009,21:36) I normally start my trips in Bangkok so get a taxi meter from the airport into bangkok. This time I'm heading down to pattaya first.
                        What's the best way to get there from the airport?
                        When I'm travelling from bkk to pattaya i like to try and find a new looking taxi and a driver that seem pretty lucid.
                        I've had a few dodgy rides to pataya with the taxi driver almost falling asleep at the wheel!!  
                        I would of thought if i just joined the taxi meter queue I'd end up with the next taxi/driver in line.
                        Any suggestions? I arrive thursday morning at 6.30 am
                        falling asleep at the wheel,seems like a minor detail.its all part of the fun of the experience on landing in BKK. IMHO.
                        never really know what to expect once you get in a taxi in LOS,ive had someone with the eyesight of a 100 year old in the drivers seat,ive also had the joy of being driven by Micael shumacher whos clearly just done a few gram of coke,as i pointed out to him from my rear seat to slow down as we came down to the SUK underpass at about 70 mph i could see flooded badly.............he laughed loudly and proceeded to speed up,as we hit the water he played Red hot chilli peppers full volume on his cd and continued to laugh,thank god our car was equipped with lifejackets and propellers.ive also been driven along SUK at 3 in the morning hearing odd noises as we went,....evidence that bits were falling of the taxi every few hundred yards,yes its all good fun............for real good fun tho i recommend taking the rear seat on MC taxi in rush hour,this can bring you a new meaning to fear,your rider seems to no none!
                        robbo

Comment

you should see some of the taxis in China - held together with bits of string (quite literally in Nanjing)
                          No honey, no money!!

Comment

I used to be a taxi man but I got fed up with it , too many people talking behind my back
                            Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

i long to live in los  

Comment

Working...
                              X