X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The free visa on entry to Thailand...

Anyone know if the current free visa offer covers a double entry, or is it just for a single one ?

What free visa mate?
    "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

Do you mean the permit you get when arriving at the airport which I guess is not a proper visa?

My feeling is that that one is a one-entry only as they will keep the departure card stapled to one of your passport pages upon leaving Thailand and you have to start afresh when coming back.

Comment

it's for single entry only

fyi Kahuna: Thai embassies/consulates are currently not charging for tourist visas - but (in ireland anyway) will currently only issue single entry ones. I think this will continue until sometime in June
        No honey, no money!!

Comment

I think it does apply to double entry 60 day tourist visas,
          but like most things Thai it varies on which embassy, time of the day, phase of the moon, etc.

Note: there is no official 'double entry form', you get the normal 60 day tourist form and ask the clerk for double entry.

Kahuna - to spur tourism, Thailand has dropped all fees on tourist visas (and a month after the announcement they got around to telling the embassies).
          "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

So there is nothing like a multiple-entry?

That is one of the nice things in China, that one can get a multiple-entry biz visa in HK quite easily.

Well, I have to look into this once I come here for longer in summer ...

Comment

(swaraj @ Apr. 28 2009,10:46) Anyone know if the current free visa offer covers a double entry, or is it just for a single one ?
              Thats only for Driftspunk, he gets it for free. The rest of have to pay for it.

Comment

(Snick @ Apr. 28 2009,11:56) Note: there is no official 'double entry form', you get the normal 60 day tourist form and ask the clerk for double entry.
                Muchas gracias Senor Snick...

Actually there is a place on the visa app to indicate how many entries you want...It is at the very top center of the app...

The Royal Thai Consulate in LA will stack at least two tourist visas...I just had them do it...I think if you go to an Honorary Consulate they will stack three visas...

I'll make some calls and send a few emails...
                "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

The "NO FEE" Visas apply to 60 day single entry only....In OZ that's the case...and I believe the same applies in other countries...
                  Cheers Donnykey
                  happy when in thailand

Comment

(donnykey @ Apr. 28 2009,04:06) The "NO FEE"  Visas apply to 60 day single entry only....In OZ that's the case...and I believe the same applies in other countries...
                    Cheers Donnykey
                    You are right with your info Donnykey, here in the UK the Royal Thai Consulate in Hull has this posted.

04 Mar 2009
                    TOURIST VISA FEE - TEMPORARY CONCESSION
                    WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT AND UNTIL 04 JUNE 2009, PERSONS WISHING TO APPLY FOR A TOURIST VISA WITH SINGLE ENTRY TO ALLOW THEM A SINGLE STAY OF 60 OR 30 DAYS DEPENDENT ON NATIONALITY (SEE PDF
                    "Ze CONCESSIONARY TOURIST VISA" ON VISAS & DOWNLOADS PAGE) ARE ENTITLED TO A CONCESSIONARY
                    VISA PROVIDED:-
                    A) THEY ARE ENTERING THAILAND FOR A SINGLE STAY OF MAXIMUM 60 (OR 30) DAYS.
                    B) THEY ENTER THAILAND WITHIN THE VALIDITY OF THE VISA WHICH WILL BE 3 MONTHS
                    FROM DATE OF ISSUE.
                    C) THEY WILL BE IN POSSESSION OF A CONFIRMED INTERNATIONAL FLIGHT TICKET TO
                    SHOW THAT THEY WILL BE EXITING THAILAND WITHIN 60 (OR 30) DAYS OF ENTRY.
                    THIS CONCESSION DOES NOT APPLY TO:-
                    1) APPLICATIONS FOR TOURIST VISAS WITH MORE THAN ONE ENTRY.
                    2) APPLICATIONS FOR NON-IMMIGRANT VISAS.
                    3) APPLICATIONS FOR TRANSIT VISAS.
                    ALL OTHER CONDITIONS APPLYING TO VISAS REMAIN UNCHANGED.
                    If at first you don't succeed, Skydiving is not for you !

Comment

Just to add to that. On reciept of my new visa I recieved a letter explaining the TEMPORARY visa fee reductions - whcih effect single, double and triple entry fees.

With effect from 5th March 2009 until 4th June 2009 The Government of Thailand will not be charging for single entry 30/60-day tourist visas. The cost of double and triple entry tourist visas will be changed to £28 and £56 respectively, during this period.
                      there was also a nice Thai comment at the end of the letter

We hope you have a good holiday but please rememer this is unlikely to happen again.
                      I assume they mean getting something for nothing rather than the reasons they are trying to boost tourism..

There is only 1 tourist visa application form, and it asks how many entries you wish to make - so no seperate for for single - double/triple.

Comment

(kliome @ Apr. 28 2009,13:14) I assume they mean getting something for nothing ......
                        Maybe they'll start giving away free T-shirts next.

RR.
                        Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
                        Kahuna

Comment

(Road Runner @ Apr. 28 2009,07:26)
                          (kliome @ Apr. 28 2009,13:14) I assume they mean getting something for nothing ......
                          Maybe they'll start giving away free T-shirts next.        

RR.
                          They allready do you have a choice of Red or Yellow

If at first you don't succeed, Skydiving is not for you !

Comment

bastards in ireland would only give single entry visas

Oh well, I'm going to laos anyway so no problems getting another visa
                            No honey, no money!!

Comment

(bigmick22 @ Apr. 28 2009,18:13) bastards in ireland would only give single entry visas
                              Did you apply to the consular section of the Thai Embassy or with a local consul?

The reason I ask is that local consuls (usually honarary consuls) are less bothered about applying the letter of the law so often are more flexible.

RR.
                              Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
                              Kahuna

Comment

Working...
                              X