X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I emailed u about ING.

Best to stay at hotels with in room combo safes. Second best is 24/7 easy access to safe at lobby.

Bring 500-700 cash new bills. Bring the rest in 100 taravellers checks. Bring credit or debit card as backup.

Comment

Ok, I've been hearing a lot about Pattaya and its caught my eye. Is it a trip that I can make in one day or is it a multiday thing, keep in mind ill be paying for my other room in BKK also. Is anyone avalible to show me around out there as it is my first time in LOS?

Also, on another note...I've been looking at the Zenith Hotel as another option. How close is it to NEP? Is it lb friendly? Joiner Fee?

Originally posted by (PigDogg @ Aug. 27 2005,19:43)
      Best to stay at hotels with in room combo safes. Second best is 24/7 easy access to safe at lobby.
      Whats a good place close to NEP w/safe and decent price? Zenith has in room safe and is about $40-50 a night...

Comment

do NOT go to Zenith or any hotel on Soi 3. The hotels there are usually not LB friendly and That street is the "Arab Quarter", not the best place for a drunk white guy to be walking home with a LB at 1am.

Pattaya is very easy to get to. Go to Ekami Bus Station and take the regular bus, its 110 Baht ($3) and leaves every 30 minutes or so. If you take a tourist bus or private car it will be 400-1000 Baht. 1.5-2 hour ride.

You'll definetly want to spend the night in Pattaya, maybe even 2 or 3 nights.

Don't bother keeping the room in Bangkok when you are away, if the problem is your luggage, just tell the hotel to put in storage for a few days while you go to Pattaya. I used to do that all the time.
        "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

How about the Omni Tower? Stewart recomends it in the hotel guide...

Comment

EXCELLENT Choice.

Omni is a great place, every room is a suite, location can't be beat (its at the far end of Soi 3 where Nana Plaza is). And across the street is Bollywood for Indian Food and New York Pizza for Japanese food ( ).

Comment

Magnificent! Omni it is!
              Oh yeah!!! LB friendly right?/Joiner Fee?

!!! Is March a good time to go(If not, when?)?/Anyone going to be in town? !!!

Comment

Originally posted by
                (its at the far end of Soi 3 where Nana Plaza is).
                Soi 4

10 mins walk from NEP. Good mid price range between the Nana/Dynasty prices and places like the Marriot

http://www.omnitowerbangkok.com/home.htm

LB friendly
                No joiner fee. When you book, make sure you say 2 people in room, just to be on safe side
                Mister Arse

Comment

oops, correct Soi 4

Soi 3 is "Nana". But Nana Plaza is not on Soi Nana, its on Soi 4.

Comment

1. Stay at the Dynasty - I got a great room last time; really comfortable, and clean, and bright.
                    2. Don't stress about the clubs - just walk in off the street. You may be freaking out, but just relax. Everyone in Nana is there for the same reason, so just cruise on in like you own the place.
                    3. Be nice to the girls. If you treat them like a commodity to be used, then that's how they'll treat you. Don't make the girl find you at your hotel - walk right out the front door with her (like you own the place: see above). Take your time, or even better, have her spend the night. And treat her (and yourself) to some room service. The girls in BKK are great - but if you treat them well,.. they are absolutely fantastic.
                    Cheers,

Comment

ps: my posting was re choosing between Dynasty and Nana hotels in BKK. I can't vouch for any other Dynasty's

Comment

Re Bangkok vs Pattaya, two questions to ask yourself:

Is your trip primarily for sex or do you have a sincere desire to see Bangkok?

What's your financial situation?

If you're coming here for sex and you're somewhat fiancially challenged, consider spending more time in Pattaya and less in Bangkok.

How would you like the airfare on your second trip to free?

That's quite doable. Many airlines give you 15K FF miles if you get their credit card. Then there's all kinds of ways to get free miles cheaply such as putting small amounts of money into Netbank and somewhat more money into Fidelity.

It only takes 60K miles for a free trip and I've earned more than 60K other than actually flying.

a couple of years from now, maybe you'll be fed up with your job, and say, i quit.
                        well how would you like it if you could fly to the LOS for free and have decent accomodations for 200 a month in Pattaya.

being 19, good chance u might find a ladyboy to live with you for free, you pay rent and expenses, while she keeps her *day* job. nice way to spend a year, huh?

Comment

I've finished budgeting, and after the plane tix and the hotel I will have approx. $350.00 USD/Night for a 9 night stay.
                          I do wanna get out and see Bangkok durring the day and go shopping and stuff. The main reason for wanting to stay in one place is that it will not only be my first time to LOS, but my first time out of the USA. The thought of going to multiple places in a place that is completly foreign to me is just plain intimidating. Belive me I would like to visit Pattaya very much, but I don't want to end up lost and confused. Also, I have just found out that my buddy over there will most likely be moving back here before my trip, so i'm completely on my own from the moment I fly in.

SO HERES THE DEAL:
                          I plan on a 10 day trip.Lets say I will go from March 15 till March 25... My first day starts when I step into the airport in San Diego, CA. My flight will be around 22-24 hrs long and all the flights seem to be arriving in BKK next day late at night (around 11pm-12am). There is one day gone already. I get to hotel late the 16th and sleep in on the 17th. I have my first full night on the 17th. From then on(18th - 24th), I have all day and all night free. On the 25 I wake early and catch my plane back to San Diego. This is the basic plan. Following this, I have a total of 7 full days and 8 full nights to do anything.

NOW HERES WHERE I WANT AS MANY OF YOUR GUYS INPUT:
                          In your guys true and professional opinion can I safely and EASILY travel to Pattaya, find a place to stay, and find my way around for a couple days/nights? Also I want to end up back in my hotel in Bangkok for atleast a full day/night before I have to leave, therefore can I reserve a room for say a few nights, go to Pattaya a couple nights then comeback to Bangkok and stay the rest of the nights in the same hotel without having to pay for the room while in Pattaya? Or should I just plan on making two seperate reservations at my hotel in Bangkok.

I hope this isn't too confusing my friends...I really appreciate all the help so far.

- G r 1 m R 3 a P 3 r

PS: I will make a visual reference ASAP to help show you what I just typed.

Comment

Like this...
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by (gr1mr3ap3r @ Aug. 29 2005,04:27)
                              NOW HERES WHERE I WANT AS MANY OF YOUR GUYS INPUT:
                              In your guys true and professional opinion can I safely and EASILY travel to Pattaya, find a place to stay, and find my way around for a couple days/nights?
                              Yes.

From the airport have a cab take you directly to Pattaya.  30 bucks.  Cab back to Bangkok a few days later is even cheaper.

When you arrive at your Pattaya hotel at 2AM on the 17th (night of the 16th) put your money in the safe, take a shower and go out and get a girl, bring her back and have her spend the night.  Hit the ground running! Too difficult to go searching for ladyboy bars  on your first night.  Just walk 100 yards or less in any direction, find a bar and pick a pretty girl. It's that easy.  Of course if you get really lucky she'll have a cock!      

350 bucks/nite after airfare and hotel is triple what you need.

Do you work Mon-Fri?  If so I *strongly* recomend you fly on saturday the 11th instead of wed the 15th even if the flight is somewhat more expensive.  You have plenty of money to do this and belive me you'll be glad you did.

If you can get the time off from work, I'd leave on the 4th.
                              The money's in your budget.

Comment

Originally posted by (PigDogg @ Aug. 28 2005,17:19)
                                Do you work Mon-Fri? If so I *strongly* recomend you fly on saturday the 11th instead of wed the 15th even if the flight is somewhat more expensive.
                                Why Saturday? I can leave then...as long as its after that friday(the10th = one more pay check).

Comment

Working...
                                X