Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for correcting the mistake the Nation made in their article. So just how should the problems, which have been well documented be fixed at the new airport?

They said it was the best immediate solution to unresolved problems, including insufficient toilet facilities, cracking taxiways and heavy traffic at the new airport, which is already nearing its designed annual capacity of 45 million passengers.

Suppose they discover the runways have been constructed substandard as the taxiways and they start to crack too? Sheer speculation, but there may be other serious problems at the new airport yet to show up.

I think they have been stuck with a bad situation and are looking for a way to fix the problems without spending huge sums of money to fix them and build a new domestic terminal that should have been in the original plans.

TIT!

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
    Membership Levels
    The Rookie Thread
    New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
    Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

the only problem was not inafe smoking rooms

Comment

(69billy @ Jan. 13 2007,02:04) And plan is going to Udon Thani to see Nony and looking at time tabels ,Nok Air was the best one for me...
        Billy, If you book Nok Air consider flying first class. It's only 500 baht extra each way.

If plying first class (Nok Plus) you can reschedule for only 20 baht. You might want to rescedule if it's at Don Muang or on the way back you may decide Udon is not your cup of tea and want to bring Nony to Pattya with you.

Also you can fly Air Asia one way and Nok Air the other, no discount for round trip.

Comment

(69billy @ Jan. 13 2007,09:04) Looks like I'll be Flying off to LOS  in first week of Mar...And plan is going to Udon Thani to see Nony
          So thats where you keep Nony hidden is it Billy
          Your got yer Mother in a whirl
          Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

If this is indeed true, I agree with Bangkoksins as being the worst possible solution to their problems.

To suggest that International tourists only transfer to those 3 domestic locations is ridiculous.

Pigdog comments are valid concerning Nok Air. By upgrading to Nok Plus for a few baht more you get much better seats, meal, paper and the right to change your flights at no additional cost.

The comment was made concerning Nok Air not accepting International Credit cards. This is true just simply wait until you land in Bangkok and either book at the airport on arrival or ring and book in Bangkok. Some Seven Eleven shops have Nok Air booths of some sort but I have not used them before.

As for Air Asia, yes cheap flights to udon twice a day but in my experience which is around 5 or 6 flights, just one has been on time.

If you prefer to pay a little more and save time and headaches  fly Thai domestically or Nok Air Plus (same as business class).

Billy a pic for you of a sweet femboy that works in Robinson's Department Store in Udon Thani. Second or Third floor at the photo booths. Lots of hidden talent to unearth in Udon Thani.

Go and eat at the market near the railway station and you will see true Udon life around there..............very interesting and great cheap seafood.

Comment

Pic for you Billy.........
              Attached Files

Comment

and one more.......

Comment

sorry
                  Attached Files

Comment

(newcomer @ Jan. 14 2007,00:32) Billy a pic for you of a sweet femboy that works in Robinson's Department Store in Udon Thani. Second or Third floor at the photo booths. Lots of hidden talent to unearth in Udon Thani.
                    So whats she doing in your room newcomer
                    Your got yer Mother in a whirl
                    Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

Sorry got a bit of the topic there. This is the new Udon Airport. Very nice as long as the planes arrive and depart on time. Luggage allowance on Air Asia is 15 kg per person and they enforce it. Be ready to pay the extra.
                      Attached Files

Comment

newcomer that pic looks like it was taken from the smoking section of the domestic restaurant area, but I am probably wrong.

Thanks for correcting the mistake the Nation made in their article.  So just how should the problems, which have been well documented be fixed at the new airport?

They said it was the best immediate solution to unresolved problems, including insufficient toilet facilities, cracking taxiways and heavy traffic at the new airport, which is already nearing its designed annual capacity of 45 million passengers.
                        First time I went to the airport (before it opened) I commented on the toilets, why were they so small. As a frequent flyer though this has not bothered me once, not one single time.

I will only believe the rumours (which is what they are at present) about the runways when an International body such as IATA, the FAA etc says they are unfit for use, or need to be repaired etc.

Don Muang was already well past its capacity when they opened Suvaranabhumi, seemed to work ok.

Therefore I cannot answer your question as I personally do not believe there are any major problems, and if there are and they are confirmed by an internationally recognised body, then they should be fixed at Suvarnabhumi not confuse the entire world by telling them that the new and oh so advanced (cough) new airport was not quite as ready as they thought and so they are re-opening the old one!!

I may be wrong but I do wonder what the Bangkok Post is up to. They have been so negative about Suvarnabhumi to such an extent I can only wonder why. Take the toilets for example. How many here have been seriously inconvenienced by the size or lack of toilets, yet one journo in particular has made such an issue about it why? Who know, but unless one has a bladder problem I think the toilets are perfectly sufficient. The only small problem is the number of cubicles or urinals in each toilet, but even then I have never had to queue.

Follow the money I say. Look at all the old companies at DM and the new ones at Suvarnabhumi, anyone left out? Not sure where that would take us, but this argument is the most ludicrous in the world:

including insufficient toilet facilities
                        The fact that was included in the article, perhaps even said at a press conference make me cringe inside. LOL.

Comment

Luggage allowance on Air Asia is 15 kg per person and they enforce it. Be ready to pay the extra.
                          Sometimes it is easier to just ring Thai and ask what promotions they have and what their restrictions are. Might cost a little extra but in the long run can save a lot of hassle.

Comment

Well, I am sat here in the Biz lounge of Gulf air at the new airport, and all i can say is great.

No delays at check-in, no delays at immigration and a nice enough lounge to relax in.

The shopping is as good as most airports with cheap duty free for those who want it, and enough smoking rooms to keep us happy.

Personally, one of the better airports I have been to.

seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

(newcomer @ Jan. 14 2007,02:37) Pic for you Billy.........
                              Thnx guys...
                              newcomer...
                              you know what you are.???A Prick teaser.. so whats her phon #....
                              So many Ladyboys so little time..

Comment

(daveduke007 @ Jan. 14 2007,01:01) So thats where you keep Nony hidden is it Billy
                                She is about 30Km. away from Udon Tani..and I'm not saying any more...
                                So many Ladyboys so little time..

Comment

Working...
                                X