Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Typhoid and Cholera vaccinations available in Thailand?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Typhoid and Cholera vaccinations available in Thailand?

Have updated all my vaccinations with TDAP, Flu, Hepatits A & B, Pneumoniitis, etc. BUT I can't find the place to get Typhoid and Cholera vaccinations. Both are present in Thailand. Is it possible to get them there? Where should I go? Bumrungrad Hospital which is near NEP? In Honolulu there is only ONE place where I can get the Typhoid shot, but insurance will not cover her US$75.00 office visit, and she didn't even say how much the shot is. From what I understand the Cholera vaccination is 4 oral pills taken every other day for 4 doses. Cholera has recently been approved by the FDA and is given in a pill form at least 10 days before departure date. Typhoid is an oral vaccine given 2 weeks before departure and repeated every 2 years. So does anybody know if these 2 oral vaccines are available in the local pharmacies without a doctor's prescription? Is is more easily available than here in the USA? Need to see a doctor? Probably might have to see a busy hospital that would be more likely to have them in stock than a small private practitioner.

This site lists lots of places to get typhoid in Hawaii and another link for the rest of the USA.
    http://health.hawaii.gov/docd/where-...a-vaccination/
    Vaccines.gov helps you find clinics, pharmacies, and other locations that offer COVID‑19 vaccines in the United States.

This page looks pretty good:
    http://www.mdtravelhealth.com/destin...a/thailand.php
    Cholera vaccine is not generally recommended, though cholera is reported, because most travelers are at low risk for infection....
    This site recommends the Queen Saovabha Memorial Institute in Bangkok for Vaccinations.

http://global-goose.com/immunizations-in-bangkok/
    Queen Saovabha Memorial Institute, 1871 Rama 4 Road, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330 (662) 252-0161-4
    Registration Fee: 20 Baht = $0.65 CAD
    Vaccinations for Typhoid and Japanese Encephalitis: 805 Baht = $25.95 CAD
    Total: $26.60 CAD Each
    image_78654.jpg

www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

You're good at finding things anywhere. One Honolulu clinic wanted US$75 for an office visit and the Typhoid shot would be covered by my 2 health insurance coverage. Will try the Weinstein Pharmacy. Vaxchora is a new oral vaccine just passed by the FDA to protect one from Cholera, but it is nowhere to be found. Maybe it takes time to arrive in pharmacies everywhere. I'm being overcautious. Remember this name because you will need it if there is an outbreak near you. I wanted to get it because I may be going to Kuala Lumpur and Singapore soon. Maybe even Vietnam. B825 is US$23.57, and that is cheap. I Google mapped Queen Saovabha Memorial Institute, and it is in a familiar area near Patpong. I'm guessing the nearby Bumrungrad Hospital may also have the same vaccines otherwise I might zip down there via Skytrain and visit the Snake Farm while I'm there. Hope I don't get chewed up by the man-eating dragons in Lumphini Park. Will start getting full dental checkups and laser teeth whitening (B5000) next time in Pattaya. Thai dentists are pretty good and so reasonably priced. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X