Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anything interesting in Nakon Ratchasima (Korat Isaan)?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anything interesting in Nakon Ratchasima (Korat Isaan)?

I can see you have to catch a bus from Mo Chit near Chatuchak for a 3-hour ride (most not AC). This is a worthwhile trip? Anything interesting to sightsee? How's the night life for Katoey seekers? Where is the center of their nightlife and what is a good recommended 4-5 star hotel in this area? Interesting foodies place? Seems Korat is the second largest city in Thailand. Haven't a hoot where to go about and stay. Can you help?

I have only been to Korat a couple times on the way to Buriram and we just stopped at the market.
    Nakon Ratchasima is the 2nd largest district population not city but it is still quite large, Chiang Mai is the second largest city.
    However in Buriram and other places there was no ladyboy bars in bars but you could find them.
    Generally you will find them around the entertainment areas at the club, discos and karaokes, often you may see a group of ladyboys outside nearby.
    I noticed there always seemed to be a group of rasta stoners and a group of ladyboys near nightclubs there.
    Usually the best place to start looking for ladyboys is the local Thai music hall if there is one, these bigger places will always have at least one.
    Ladyboys love the thai Isaan music.

This website has a bit of information on finding ladyboys and ladies in korat:
    http://www.thailandredcat.com/nightl...chasima-korat/
    Even though you won€™t find any ladyboys in the girly bars and massage parlors in Korat, you will be able to spot and meet them in some of the bars and night clubs, especially in Tawan Daeng and in the bars along Changphuak Road (south of U-Bar).

You€™ll find dozens of street freelancers every night from around 10-11pm waiting for customers mainly in two places: The cheaper ones like in the picture are found in the corner of Suranee Road to Rajadamnern Road and charge 700 Baht plus 70 Baht for a short time hotel room. The other area that has more girls is in front of the Chao Phraya Inn and right opposite out on the street. They are managed by Thai pimps though who tend to ask for 1,500 Baht so they get their share, too.
    Tawan Daeng is the local Thai music hall, so I would recommend that as your first start looking for ladyboys.

The only place in Isaan I ever heard that had a ladyboy bar was Krasang.

There is several 4 star hotels to book in Korat but I doubt there is any 5 stars.
    The Dusit Princess looks nice.

There is also loads of temples and ruins to see out there, not unlike most places in Thailand.
    www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Working...
    X