Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fare from Suvarnabhumi Airport to Pattaya?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fare from Suvarnabhumi Airport to Pattaya?

How much in baths is the fare from the airport to Pattaya? I keep forgetting. How much should I tip? Should I tell the driver to turn on the fare box?

Originally posted by George Pill View Post
    How much in baths is the fare from the airport to Pattaya? I keep forgetting. How much should I tip? Should I tell the driver to turn on the fare box?
    I don't think anyone will turn on the meter to Pattaya.
    Only one time I took a regular taxi to Pattaya from the airport and they charged me 1200 baht a few years ago.
    You could expect to pay up to 1500 baht now. Usually I will tip 200-300 depending on the service.

I would expect you could get a better deal booking something advance and get a better car too.
    Plus they would meet you at the arrivals gate and help with your bags to the car.

You can also catch the Pattaya bus on the bottom floor of the airport.
    www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Yes, did take the Pattaya bus at Ekamai Station in 2012. Really cheap but stops at every station and more waiting. Good view of impressive elevated super freeway system. Arrives in the Pattaya station then you catch a private baht bus to your hotel along with a few other tourists. Crowded. Taxi is nicer because you go straight to your hotel with less fuss. If you need a taxi from Pattaya back to BKK, just visit the front of the 7-11 store across the street Soi 8 from the Sunshine Hotel. Girls there are super nice and give honest prices. Very responsible and make sure your ride appears at the time requested. Not like the sleepy-headed Filipinos who never show up. No unnerstan Engrish. The trip back costs a bit more than the coming. I tip good because I am grateful to even arrive alive with all of my luggage. For those of you who have never been to Pattaya, it's a beach front playground full of bars, bars, bars with all kinds of girls and boys with lotsa shows and shopping centers. Back in 2012 the beach Road was crowded with people especially across the Mike's Mall shopping center, but now all thinned out. Shame I came too late. Still lots of excitement if you explore the streets. Remember what happens in Pattaya stays in Pattaya.

Comment

George Pill, Crag is not talking about the public bus from level 1 of the airport - he is talking about the Bell Bus Service

This is a non-stop bus service to Pattaya, then you transfer to smaller vans to take you to your hotel from their Pattaya terminal. Cost is 240 Baht, but you must make an online booking from their website (which I've linked to).

Bell Bus Service.JPG

Crag's estimate for a taxi from the airport to Pattaya is probably close - around 1500 Baht - it's always more expensive that direction, whereas you can get a taxi from Pattaya to the airport for a lot less.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
        Membership Levels
        The Rookie Thread
        New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
        Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

True. Mo expensive to BKK than to Pat. Do NOT take the bus from Pat to Ekamai station. The taxi drivers are rip offs. Will charge me B1000 to get to a Soi 8 hotel! Take taxis both ways. Can use cheap taxi or upgrade to a hotel recommended independent cab or a hotel limo. If you got lots of camera and luggage, cab is the way to go. Do NOT use the cheapo vans for Monument circle or any cheapo monument. Been reading about lots of head on crashes. Cheap is death.

Comment

Taxi will cost you around 1000 to 1200 bahts including the highway toll

If it is not going through highway (it takes around 2.5 hrs) then do not pay the toll (it costs around 70 bahts ).

Comment

Working...
            X