X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True Move Pay as you go Tourist packs at the airport

Here is some information on getting True Move tourist Simm at the airport.
    There is several other phone companies in the same place such as AIS.
    True is best for the cities and tends to have the fastest internet.

You can find the True Move desk on the 2nd floor arrivals level of Suvarnabhumi airport.
    2nd floor Gate 4

_MG_2564 - Copy.JPG
    Screen Shot 2013-09-24 at 12.04.52 PM.png

Here is the tourist packages:

Attached Files
    www.ladyboysthai.com

Where's a good airport place to change dollars into Bahts? What floor?

Comment

All the money exchange booths are on the second floor at the end just past these phone counters i believe.
      I've heard Kasikorn is the best rates usually, but they are all in the same place so you can check.
      www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

There are also exchange booths in the luggage pickup area. I would not change that much money at the airport. As noted in other threads, you can get better rates in Bangkok city at Vasu Exchange on Sukhumvit Soi 7 and also the Super Rich Exchanges (numerous branches thoughout the city). The exchange booths operated by the banks all are fairly close for exchange rates throughout Thailand. Some of the private exchanges offer better rates - with Vasu and Super Rich already mentioned.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
        Membership Levels
        The Rookie Thread
        New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
        Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

Just need to change a C-note. Hope that bank on the 4th or 5th floor at Pattaya Central Festival still changes traveler's checks. Two years ago all 4 bank did and then only one. Hate that bank don't even have 10 Baht coins available. They rationed out only 10 coins per person.

Comment

Thailand will be introducing a new law that requires anyone looking to buy a new sim card to register their finger print and facial scan.

Y'know I think I'll just forget about getting a SIM card. Did you know you have to show your passport just to mail a letter in Thailand. If you want to mail a box you must bring your goods and let a mail handler pack it with wrapping paper and put it into a box for taping. Then you walk over to the counter and show your passport to an attendant who scrutinized your face carefully like you're a criminal. Too much humbug. Just pay someone B10 and they will call your friend for you. Please come to my room at 8 PM tonight, and we can talk stories all night long. Another reason I don't want to take my cell phone abroad is because Customs may again think I'm a pedophile and again illegally confiscate it against my 4th Amendment right. The whole world is paranoid about terrorists, and they are laughing. Oh yeah, once I was asked for my passport just to look inside an expensive modern apartment complex. Luckily I had a photocopy in my wallet. You should make a copy, cut out the edges to make it smaller, and fold it so it will fit into a credit card sized pocket. Carry it always. If you end up in the police department they will ask you if you are carrying your passport. Luckily my cop was a Belgian guy, and he could tell I was not a trouble maker. You might not be so lucky so carry a photocopy of your passport and save yourself a lot of misery walking to your hotel and walking back. I liked this particular cop and asked him why he spoke such good English. He said he watches a lot of American TV shows. Everybody around the world should do that.

Comment

Already have LINE app loaded on my Sam Sung cell phone back in the USA. Tried to load my LINE app onto my laptop, but can't complete the download unless I receive the 6-number code which can be sent only on my cell phone messaging. Didn't bring my cell with me. There is no instruction to have this code sent to my email address. Stuck. Curious to know if I could have gotten this code via cell phone over WIFI without buying a SIM card. Now realize that travelers all over the world don't buy SIM cards from every nation they travel through. They don't make oral calls. Just text via WIFI using their own home SIM cards. Funny Verizon salespeople never told me this all these years.

Comment

I think Line for PC only works if you have it associated to a mobile number.

Most every phone will work on wifi without a sim card.
                It is just if it is locked to Verizon or another carrier, you cannot put another companies simm card in it.
                However you need a sim card with a phone number to receive the texts from Line to confirm.
                This also goes for facebook et al.

What I usually do is buy a travel pack from my Phone provider and bring my usual phone.
                This gives me 1 GB of data, calls and texting etc, at a set price for a 1 month period.
                You usually can choose different packages, just sucks if you go over when roaming, don't upload photos to facebook or anything.
                https://www.verizonwireless.com/solu...tional-travel/

Then I use my data on the phone sparingly and connect to wifi where I can.
                Usually this will last me if I only use the mobile data when I need it.
                Never use up the texts or calls, but allows me to receive texts and calls from home without extra charge.

If you think you will use a lot of data in Thailand the True tourist packs are the best.
                Bring your unlocked phone and you can not worry for anything, you just have a new number.
                But you can keep that same number and reload the card at 7-11 or online.

There is dual simm phones out there but not so much in North America.
                If you could pick up a dual sim Blackberry keyone or something in Asia you could have 2 numbers.

In Thailand everyone has such cheap plans they can go everywhere and upload pics and videos all day for one low price.

www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Will talk to my local Verizon branch when I return. Then I will try to load up LINE onto my laptop once I can receive the number code over my cell phone. Already got LINE on my cell and it is amazingly convenient. What I worry is that when I return to Thailand next year will LINE notice that I am in a foreign country and need to reconfirm my account via cell phone again. This is happening with Amazon.com and my Honolulu newspaper subscription. It definitely will happen if I try to log on to my bank account. So for now I am asking the taxi girl at the 7-11 across the street to make phone calls for me. I pay her only B10 which is good for buying 10 more minutes of talk time. thanx for the info. Will ask if my phone is unlocked and about "travel packs". I did ask before about international phone usage wherever I go but no can do.

Comment

In Canada the carriers have to network unlock your phone from their network for a small fee.
                    I have always been able to get my phones unlocked online successfully much cheaper.
                    www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

One good reason I didn't bring my cell phone to Thailand or any destination.

Breaking world news headlines with local news from Pattaya. All the latest online news from around the Bars ,restaurants, Hotels and family Venus

Comment

Originally posted by George Pill View Post
                        One good reason I didn't bring my cell phone to Thailand or any destination.

http://pattayaone.news/en/dtac-custo...-million-baht/
                        Your cellphone wouldn't have anything to do with this.
                        This was the online account management application screwed up and displayed the wrong balance.
                        As they said, no one was billed trillions it was just an online glitch.

Phone companies in Canada and USA also have billing and system glitches all the time.
                        If you make sure your "Data Roaming" is turned off on your phone you won't try to do anything over a foreign network.
                        You will just be able to receive calls and texts which don't usually cost much these days.
                        www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

A question about LINE app for communication. If I am a Thai and want to contact a USA number like 800-999-888, do I need to type in "1" before them. Any code for connecting with a USA number? In reverse, if I am an American at home and want to connect with a Thai friend at 111-222-3333, again do I need to type in a "1" or some other code? How does this work?.There has to be a system for the infinite number of phone numbers around the world. Please explain.

Comment

Most countries have a country calling code.
                            The USA and Canada use '1'
                            Thailand country code is '66'

If you want to call USA from Thailand you dial +1-Areacode-phonenumber.
                            Hawaii would be +1-808-555-5555

Calling Thailand from USA you dial +66-Areacode-phonenumber.
                            +66-97-123-4567

Find more information about country codes, phone codes, and ISO country codes. We've got the phone codes you need for easy international calling!

EASY TO REMEMBER URL: 'CountryCode.org/thailand' for Thailand country code 66 country codes TH and Thailand phone number
                            www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Crag, I think George Pill is asking about making a voice call from the Line application. In this case there is no need to use the phone number as long as the person is on your Line contact list. The caller and the receiver must be online - either by wifi or using data as per their phone plan.

You cannot make a Line call to someone who is not on your Line contact list. You may be able to add someone by their phone number if they have allowed it in their line settings. The most common way to add someone on Line is to use their Line ID name.

In addition to voice calls through Line if your internet connection and the receiving person's internet connection is fast enough, you may be able to do a video call.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
                              Membership Levels
                              The Rookie Thread
                              New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
                              Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

Working...
                              X