X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chatuchak Weekend Market Bangkok

The Chatuchak weekend market is basically the biggest regular outdoor market in Thailand, and it is huge.
    There is about 15,000 booths with everything from furniture to clothing to live animals, everything can be found here for a great price.
    Most of the goods are original and much of it handcrafted in Thailand. You can find some of the same tourist goods for cheaper than other places.
    However you will not find any of the knock off clothing you may find elsewhere. You used to be able to buy cheap fake designer stuff her but they have cracked down on that.
    Still there is great prices on all different kinds of clothing and most of it is fairly high quality. This is an excellent place to buy gifts and souvenirs to take home.
    There is lots of great food her but the Pad Thai is the thing to eat, it is as good as you will find anywhere in Thailand, if not the best.
    It can be extremely hot and busy here so be prepared and make sure to hydrate. Toilets are often lined up and all seem to be the in the floor porcelain.

To get there by train Chatuchak Market is adjacent to the Kamphaengpecth Station (MRT) about 5 minute walk from Mochit Skytrain (BTS) Station and Suan Chatuchak (Chatuchak Park) Station (MRT).
    Getting there during the day by BTS or MRT is easy but later in the day and evening the trains become packed.

Saturday and Sunday are the only days it is fully open with all goods available.
    chatuchak.jpg

Latest posts from Chatuchak Visitors per Week Stalls With over 200,000 people visiting Chatuchak Market every weekend, the Bangkok marketplace has become the World's largest Weekend Market. The Market has over 15,000

chatuchakmap.jpg

20171126_125518.jpg
    Attached Files
    www.ladyboysthai.com

Definitely THE PLACE to be whenever you're in Bangkok. Love spending hours there taking photos of everybody and everything. You definitely will find something to buy. But some prices are inflated like Tshirts and tank tops for B250 that sell for B50 less in Pattaya. I wouldn't buy the triangular Thai cushions as they are confiscated by Customs because they contain anthrax. So bull shite! There is a nice-sized Thai furniture store with lots of Buddha things and drawers and chairs. Calculate the shipping costs. They are most likely the same as the costs of the items you buy. Not worth it. Love the food sellers. Look for the BBQ pork (moo) shop where you can buy a bag and take it to the food court where you order boiled shrimp and rice (kaoh or cow) and water. Yummy. Look at all the beautiful girls from China, Japan, Korea, and all over Asia mixed in with European tourists and Americans. Everybody is there. So so much fun. I have too many pictures to post them all and keep adding new ones each and every year I visit. Just like a big lovefest or music festival. Bring your cameras and GoPros.

Comment

I've brought back the triangular pillows. They can sell you the outside cover only and take out the stuffing.
      Then when you get home you put your own stuffing inside.

The beauty of Chatuchak is the selection and unique clothing.
      It is good not to see booths and booths selling the same stuff like some other markets.
      www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Smart they took out the kapok stuffing. Fork customs. They will do sneaky dirty tricks to reduce imports. Yes, the shops selling the same stuff one after another is really redundant. Try find the fake gold shops where they look like the real gold only ridiculous prices. A handful of necklaces will cost you US$100 or two. Customs tells me they have a test kit for that. I said to bring it on. They didn't look back at me. Too chicken to challenge me. The restaurants are packed as are the massage parlors. So confusing to keep track of your bearings. Sometime I noticed I walked through the same alley a few minutes ago. Please bargain, bargain, and bargain! Everybody's prices are inflated even thought you think they are still cheap. If no like bargain. Just walk away. Try find those round hand fans with short stiff bamboo handles for less than a dollar each. Everybody laughs at me walking around all over Pattaya fanning myself in my straw hat. You probably remember me shooting my cams non-stop at the Ladyboy Volleyball contest. Another thing it is HOT. Don't worry about water. Lots of water bottles floating on ice with lots of little push wagons selling fruit drinks and refreshments.

Comment

Originally posted by CRAG View Post
          It can be extremely hot and busy here so be prepared and make sure to hydrate. Toilets are often lined up and all seem to be the in the floor porcelain.
          Definitely a must visit spot if you are in Bangkok for more than a few days! Please note that Crag is talking about squat toilets here.

373E0E9400000578-3742997-Squat_toilets_have_been_installed_for_employees_of_the_Australia-m-96_1471347425526.jpg

If you are planning for a visit and aren't used to these it is best to do your bowel movement at a place that has a regular western type toilet with a seat before arriving. There is a project on to convert all tourist area toilets to the sit down type, but it will take a few more years for this to happen.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
          Membership Levels
          The Rookie Thread
          New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
          Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

Note that that's a sprayer nozzle just like the ones on your kitchen sinks. Liked it so much I installed it under my toilet with parts from Amazon.com. The best way to clean is to wash it away. But need to bring your own paper dinner napkins.

Comment

Working...
            X