X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important vaccination consideration.

Have you gotten your rabies vaccination? Up to date. Just got mine last month. Now have to get boosters every 3 years. Dumb not to have them updated. Should ask and update ALL vaccinations when travelling in Asia. Forgot when I last had my Hepatitis A and B shots so redid them anyway after the Hepatitis outbreak in Honolulu. Contaminated scallops from the Philippines. Full of deadly bugs, reptiles, and parasites. Now Rabies in Jomtien. In the Philippines about 350 people die every year and has always been that way for as long as I know. Once my classmate heard his neighbor's dog bit him. So he killed, cooked, and ate the bugger. Classmate was able to retrieve the head and have a lab examine it for rabies. Was positive. A Filipino movie star died after his puppy bite him. No cure. So why chance it. It's nice to vacation in Asia but not return in a bag or with a deadly disease like AIDS, for example. Go ahead and spend the money. Prevention is way much cheaper than the hospital bill. Also advise everyone to bring 30-day supplies of antibiotics like Cipro and Ampicillin 500 mg. along with antacids and such. Sorry to be such a mother, but medicine is almost all I think about.

Editor; I too was attacked by dogs on my morning walk in a heavily populated area of the Jomtien Plaza Walking Street. I call upon City Hall to make it mandatory for dogs to be registered. Once the dogs are registered and if they bite someone then these medical bills can be passed to the […]

My vaccinations are up to date. Did the shingles ones last fall. Rabies, never thought of that one. Tx

Comment

Now the entire USA is having a Measles epidemic. So many dumb schmucks abound. Luckily I got another MMR vaccination 2 years ago just to be safe. Jackpot! Also redid my Hepatitis A and B shots just before a Hep A outbreak in Honolulu from good sushi restaurant. For a month nobody could discover exactly where it came from. Finally this restaurant got tainted scallops from the stinking Philippines. I don't eat raw fish or seafood much. Always ate cooked scallops in my spaghetti. Everybody should call their doctors and make a list of vaccinations and dates. I have this little yellow vaccination record stapled to my passport showing all my vaccine history. Did read a health ironman died from Japanese Encephalitis while in Chianngmai. Threre is a vaccine for this but won't visit there. Pattaya has everything you need. Heaven on earth.

Comment

Working...
      X