X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60 days is not 61 days

Got into a little trouble at Suvarnabhumi on departure after a 2 month vacation Nov 15 to January 15. Turns out it is not 60 days but 61. Immigrations looked very unfriendly but stamped my passport and let me go. Be sure to count your days even though the consulate is stupid and makes this mistake often.

Not even a 1,000 baht fine ? You had been lucky.

Comment

They give a 24 hour grace if you are 1 day over.
      I stayed 31 days 2 years ago and they just took me another desk and put a stamp on my passport that said i did not really over stay.
      If you have over stayed and have to pay fine, sometimes that happens.
      However if the actual Police were to stop you on the way to the airport they could arrest you and take you to jail.
      Immigration doesn't often do this on an over stay.
      www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Try to avoid the Monkey House as they say.

Comment

So yourself a little favor and photocopy your passport ID page AND your tourist visa stamp and carry them in your wallet. Will save you a lot of trouble and a needless trip to the cop station where they can cleverly extort you for a silly fine.

https://pattayaone.news/en/another-5...igners-bagged/

Interesting why so many risk arrest, fines, and banishment for a period of time. Why so hard to just take a trip to Myanmar, Singapore, Penang, or Cambodia's Angor Wat and apply for a 3-month tourism visa? Did Immigrations make new rules to stop that? Exactly how many days or months am I supposed to leave Thailand before I can return for my next vacation. So complicated.
          Last edited by George Pill; 01-25-2019, 07:52 PM.

Comment

I was 1 day over back in 2014 and the agent at the airport made mean faces and scolded me in Thai language for a minute...then stamped me and let me proceed
            to my gate...don't think 1 day over is worth all the paperwork and shit for the agents but I don't recommend breaking any laws...my 2 cents

Comment

New info popped up today 1-27-19 Sunday. Funny, from my 1-day overstay I could have been charged B500. Schmuck just sneered at me and didn't even explain what the problem was. What? No can speeka da Engreesh? It was my wheelchair pusher who explained what happened.

Update: For those who over-stay or have problems with visa. Advice on Thailand Visa Overstay RegulationsOverstaying your visa is illegal.  If you

Comment

Overstaying your visa is illegal. If you overstay for a short period you will have to pay a fine. However, if you overstay for more than 90 days then it is a serious offence and the result will be you are deported from Thailand and banned from visiting again. The length of the ban depends on how long you have overstayed your visa.

If you are caught overstaying by an Immigration officer, then it can result in being taken to jail if you are not able to pay the fine or have a long overstay.

From 20th March 2016, if you are caught overstaying by even one day, you will face a ban from re-entering Thailand of five years. If you have overstayed by more than one year, you will face a ban of ten years.

If you have a very long overstay and turn yourself in to the authorities you will have to go before a judge in court. The overstay fine is usually waived and in it€™s place a smaller fine imposed. You will then be held in the IDC ( Immigration Detention Center ) until you can arrange for a ticket on a direct flight back to your own country. You will then have to pay a small fee to the immigration officers to take you to the airport and accompany you through Immigration, where you will get the blacklist stamp in your passport, and to the gate. Your passport will be given to a steward on the flight and they will return it to you when you land in your home country.

How much is the fine for overstaying?
                The fine depends on the number of days you have overstayed. The minimum charge is 500 Baht per day. This goes to a maximum of 20,000 Baht for overstays of 40 days or longer.

The good news is that if your overstay is under 90 days and you pay the fine then leave the country then you won€™t have any problem returning to Thailand at a future date. There won€™t be any black mark next to your name.

What is overstaying?
                Overstaying is when someone resides in Thailand for a period exceeding the length of time they are permitted to do so by their visa or entry stamp.

It is your responsibility to ensure that you do not overstay.

However, the Thai Immigration officials realise that sometimes people make mistakes and book a flight a day too late or their plans change, a flight is cancelled and they have to leave a day late. In cases such as these, with a few hours overstay, the 500 Baht overstay fine is usually waived.

If you are in a situation like this, don€™t panic. Just explain to the immigration officer when you are being stamped out of the county. Apologise and you will be treated fairly.

If you have a longer overstay, for example, 1 week, then you will be required to pay this ( 7 days x 500 Baht = 3,500 Baht ) before you can leave the country. It is easiest to pay when you fly out. Again, explain the reason to the immigration office at the airport, then you will be taken to a nearby counter when you can pay the overstay fine. Please ensure that you have enough funds to cover this. If not, then you may be taken to the holding cells until you can raise funds.

Children under the age of 15 are not charged a fine for overstaying but still get overstay stamps when they leave the country. Being exempt from the fine does not make them exempt from needing a valid visa entry or extension to stay in the country.

Consequences of overstaying your Thai visa
                Please note that repeated violations of overstaying can hold serious consequences. In the event that you have had a few overstays, your passport could be stamped with a stamp declaring you in violation of the immigration laws and regulations of Thailand.

This stamp will label you as an €œundesirable alien€, which could make travel and obtaining entry to other countries much harder than it should be.

Where is the Immigration Detention Centre?
                The IDC is located in central Bangkok at the Immigration Office on Soi Suanplu, Bangkok. This is where anyone who has been arrested for overstaying will be held prior to attending court and then whilst waiting for their flight back home to be arranged.

You can call on: 02 213 2369 but it is better to go in person. Go to Building 5 at the IDC. You will need the overstayer€™s details: Name, nationality, age, arrest date and location.

Comment

Right but to be over stayed by one day it needs to be a full 24 hours.

2016 I arrived October 23 and got a 30 day visa until November 21.
                  Even though I didn't go through immigration until October 24 at 00:30am
                  They considered me in Thailand since my flight arrived on October 23 at 10:45pm so this was considered a whole day.

On leaving I was one calendar day late on November 22 past my visa date of November 21.
                  So when I arrived at the immigration officer he smiled at me and as he stamped my passport Nov 22, one day over.
                  He called some lady who took me to another desk behind the main immigration.
                  She then put another stamp above right that i'm told says even though the dates appear to say i overstayed, I did not.
                  So if they saw this on my return they would know I did not over stay.
                  My understanding is on an overstay, to immigration if you are leaving before the next day is over it is ok.
                  If the police caught you on the way to the airport you would be in more trouble.

So if you are leaving the next day it seems fine.
                  Anything over 24 hours over then you are screwed.

visath.jpg
                  www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

There is one more option if you have money. A friend of mine asked for a retirement visa. He had to prove that he had a minimal amount of money (or revenue or a combination of both) and he received a permanent visa. He purchased an appartment in Pattaya and lived there almost all year long.

Comment

Originally posted by P&G View Post
                      There is one more option if you have money. A friend of mine asked for a retirement visa. He had to prove that he had a minimal amount of money (or revenue or a combination of both) and he received a permanent visa. He purchased an appartment in Pattaya and lived there almost all year long.
                      You need to show 500000 baht in a thai bank account to get a 5 year retirement visa, and i think you need to be over 50.
                      Then you need to report every 6 months to keep it valid.
                      www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Originally posted by CragR View Post

You need to show 500000 baht in a thai bank account to get a 5 year retirement visa, and i think you need to be over 50.
                        Then you need to report every 6 months to keep it valid.
                        I believed it was more than that. Yes, you need to be more than 50 years old what is fairly young to be retired. I didn't know the amount of money is 500,000 baht. It used to be less than that in countries like Malaysia or the Philippines but it's now higher.

Comment

Yer better off just leaving 2-3 days before the last day. Otherwise just add another month to your tourist visa. Here in Honolulu the Thai Consulate is a Japanese local guy. HIs daughter stamps my tourist visa. $40 for two months. $60 for three months. I have to ask her how I can stay longer and whether I am limited in the number of times I can visit in a year.

Comment

Working...
                          X