Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Int. Tourists until 2021...posted on "The Thaiger" yesterday :(

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/t...until-2021-tat

These lock downs are ridiculous and unprecedented.
    Life isn't worth living if we lock down now every time there is a new pathogen.
    What a bubble wrap world we now live in.

During Songkran in 2019, 59 people died in accidents related to the party over 7 days, but that is ok.
    In 6 months or more Thailand has had 58 deaths due to Covid-19

It may be more contagious than the flu but it is becoming clearer that it is less deadly to most people.
    The flu kills more younger people period. If they knew how many people have really had the thing things might change.
    What a bunch of ridiculous panic.
    www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

There is certainly an easy way to open the country...Covid tests can now produce results in a few hours (NOT DAYS anymore!)...make passengers take a test before boarding AND after arrival (paid for by the passenger!)...each test is typically $80-$120...and they are highly accurate these days as well...by taking 2 tests and showing negative both times...the authorities can rest easy knowing that the people coming into the country are virus free and the VERY important tourist industry can start getting back to it's former self.
      This seems sooooooooo fucking simple that I have to believe the Thai Gov. has some other agenda up their sleeve...it will take 20 years for Thailand to "re-invent" it's economy...are they willing to let people descend into poverty for a generation while they experiment with policies that might not even work ???
      The technologie exists to control and recognize Covid and if the passenger is willing to pay for the tests what in the world is the problem here ???

Comment

This 5 minute test was available back in late March 2020:

​​​​​​Fox News Flash top headlines for March 30

Fox News Flash top headlines are here. Check out what's clicking on Foxnews.com.

Get all the latest news on coronavirus and more delivered daily to your inbox. Sign up here.

A new test for COVID-19 that can be run from a doctor's office and gives results in five minutes was approved for emergency use by the Food and Drug Administration on Friday.

The test developed by medical device company Abbott uses the company's portable ID NOW platform and does not require a central lab for analysis, saving precious time for medical workers and patients.

Doctors can swab someone's nose or throat and insert the swab into the machine, getting results in five to 15 minutes (results can take longer if a sample tests negative, but can take only five minutes if the person tests positive).

In addition, the tests can be done in an emergency room or urgent care clinic, which may help cut down on wait times across the country. The company will begin making the tests available next week and plans to ramp up manufacturing to deliver 50,000 tests per day.

Comment

Logic is not in play during this. Absolute panic rules the day.
          The huge amount of power this has given governments, is hard to give up.
          Imagine total control of every citizen for free. It's a dream for authoritarian governments.
          Future elections are not even on the radar now.

I can only hope in the end this will mean lower prices and more gracious ladyboys once it is all over.
          Hopefully airfare doesn't spike.
          www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

I stopped complaining about the situation with this second wave they are announcing. I soon understood I wouldn't have favorable conditions to travel at the end of this year. It's useless to bargain when a vaccine will beable to change the deal. It will when vaccines will be ready to be used at a wide scale.
            Inbetween, I just keep on tracking ladyboys in the garden I chose. I am preparing my next trip as if I would travel next month. Good days are waiting for positive people;

Comment

Second wave. Two weeks ago the WHO said it was one big wave in a press release. I really don’t think the medical authorities really know. Are they doing their best? Sure. But all of this contradictory information isn’t really helping. All it does is add to the pandemic panic.

As Crag stated this does is give governments more power and greater authoritarianism all under the guise 'it's for your safety and protection.'
              Last edited by bigmtsl; 08-22-2020, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X