Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here's a 20 minute vid from Nana/Soi 4 filmed last night...E-M-P-T-Y as F-U-C-K :( :(

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's a 20 minute vid from Nana/Soi 4 filmed last night...E-M-P-T-Y as F-U-C-K :( :(

Looks like Mercury, Temptations, Casanova are shuttered...DC10 did have some activity out front and Obsessions had the lights turned on at least...

This video show Walking Street Sept 2020 some bars are open and there is action.
    However there is car traffic still allowed.

www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

This crappy video you can see Temptations is not open. Most of the video is really shitty.

www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Mercury Bar, and Casanova were listed as closed and not going to reopen in Stickman's May 24, column and from the video it looks like Temptations, Chili and Straps (postop lb bar) are also closed. Geisha has taken up the old Casanova site.

It will be difficult for the bars to keep operating, even with the 50% discount on the first 8 months of lease as mentioned in Stickman's May 31 column. The amount of customers shown in this video would not be sufficient to pay for their operating costs.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
        Membership Levels
        The Rookie Thread
        New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
        Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

Casanova is boarded up and will never reopen apparently. That really is the end of an era as that bar has been around for decades

Geisha has taken then old Cascades spot.

as of last weekend DC10, Temptations and Obsessions were open. Didn’t go in Obsessions, but DC10 was dead quiet and there wasn’t even any music playing, at least Temptations had music on and girls onstage.

Over at Cowboy, neither of the LB bars are open right now.
          at Patpong Kings Corner was open, but mostly had girls working there.

Comment

Cascades already closed long ago and all the ladyboys ended up at Mercury bar which may be gone too.
            Those ladyboys will turn up again somewhere.

Casanova was in need of an overhaul for years. Still how hard would it be to start up again there or in a new location even a different name.
            If they were looking to make a change anyway, they can wait until this situation is over rather than pay on a lease.
            Nana has not been full of bars for years and may be expensive to run a bar there with less foot traffic over the years and top rent.

Temptations has always been empty most of the time I have gone there, but they still keep going.

Pub style ladyboy bars may become even more popular. Why Not is operating in their new location on Soi 4 there now.
            If Check In Bar and Chaos 9 bar survive then the area is pretty good for ladyboys. If one or two similar ladyboy bars open around Nana it could be good.
            Maybe Guess Bar could return.....

Have you noticed if Check In bar or Chaos 9 bar are open now?

In some ways Nana bars are a thing of past eras that was still hanging on. There always seems to be some type of mini scam going on in these Nana Plaza Ladyboy bars where they seem to try to soak you over and over. It's fun when you are a newbie but annoying for experienced guys.

I always hated the walk of shame out to the CIMB ATM at the front of Nana Plaza when you bill is more than the cash you brought. A guard has to come with you to ensure you don't run off on the bill. These types of things really bothered me when I spend a fortune in their bar then they treat me me like a criminal when I'm a little short after all their scams. The other thing I discovered is that the CIMB ATM refuses most of my cards for no reason. They never took credit cards but recently Mercury Bar said they took credit cards for a 10% fee (Illegal). However my credit card company would not honor their charge, so i couldn't use it.

Still in the end any bar can reopen very easily in another location or even the same location.
            The only assets they may have in these bars is boxes of liquor, sound equipment and some personal items.
            Pretty easy to pop up in another location in Thailand.

www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Originally posted by Crag Rockheart View Post
              Cascades already closed long ago and all the ladyboys ended up at Mercury bar which may be gone too.

In some ways Nana bars are a thing of past eras that was still hanging on. There always seems to be some type of mini scam going on in these Nana Plaza Ladyboy bars where they seem to try to soak you over and over. It's fun when you are a newbie but annoying for experienced guys.

The one time I was in nana I got scammed the whole night at gg bars lol. It wasn't a huge deal because it was my first time in thailand, but the morning after I was like, that wasnt actually fun at all Thanks to exchange rate, losses limited.

Padding bill, receipts cant be read etc. All in all it was a ok experience.

Internet has taken over now, and I can see the pubstyle lb bars being good for relaxed hangouts. Nana complex is also owned by a scammer apparently, thai real estate devs wanted that area for years, maybe theyll use this downturn to push them out for good. I say good riddance.

Their business practices are basically just tricking tourists for all their worth. Even generous people are mistreated lmao.

Comment

It is fun at first to get the full treatment in Nana but you can feel a little dirty the next day.

Once you know what you are doing it is fun to watch them try, but they still get you sometimes.
                Now that I have a slightly better understanding of Thai, I can make out things they say to each other sometimes.
                Occasionally I understand them slagging me, or ordering water instead of a tequila when i buy a round.
                Even bringing you a new beer and taking away the old one before it is finished.

I will ring the bell at bars outside Nana plaza but there you really have to be careful with this.
                Once they pad your bill you aren't going to get out of it. If you start to argue, some big mean looking guys may show up.
                The bars don't necessarily have many bouncers but if there is trouble the bars will just call friends and relatives.
                A dozen Thai guys can show up in minutes on motorbikes.

I have found places like Check In Bar and Why Not Bar to be much more honest.
                www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

I don't know why not and won't try. I just experienced the same with a farang owner once. I also saw a bar boss (Thai GG) being so pushy and two-faced in Udon Thani. I guess she was mainly worried not to be able to pay for her bills but I don't care. She had better close her business and open her legs to earn money.

Comment

Working...
                  X