X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bangkok to Pattaya Thailand for $7

This guy has some good tips on taking the bus and interesting hotel and lounge choices.

www.ladyboysthai.com

Another dude who can't pronounce Pattaya properly.

Comment

Do you think that American/English/Australian mongers pronounce it correctly ? I usually understand it more easily when pronounced by Thai people themselves.

Glad to see they have big buses departing from Ekkamai. I did it from Ekkamai a few years ago (2015) for 110 baht departing from Ekkamai.
      Last edited by P&G; 11-28-2020, 11:45 PM.

Comment

If you do a simple Google translate ( english to Thai) and then listen to how its pronounced... its not " pad-day- ya" .. .

Comment

Europeans and Aussies all seem to put the accent on the wrong syllable.
          www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

In the video, the guy uses the accent the "English" way. I don't feel shocked since the French way is closer to the Thai accent. It's not a big deal compared to Edward Sweeney who slaughtered French words in his videos (I don't even speak Vietnamese, I am not in a position to give Vietnamese lessons.).

Comment

Ive seen so many youtubers say it wrong. I dont get it. I cant even watch them because all I think about is that they are idiots. I mean, how can I really believe anything anybody says about a place they can't even pronounce the name of it properly...its really easy.

Comment

I don't want to defend vloggers, it's not my purpose, but it's not easy to make a correct vlog video on a technical point of view. The guy needs a good camera, needs to know how to operate it, then use a good mixing software. I didn't want to invest on a software, so I used a freeware version and I also used the video function of my bridge camera. I saw the poor result. It's sad since I had an interesting subject.

This is what I find amazing with vloggers. They will spend a lot of time to make a 5 or 10 minutes video dealing with almost nothing. This guy showed how to travel at a cheap price from Ekkamai to Pattaya. Does it need so many sequences and the mixing work ? Not so sure. Another point is that vloggers can't help showing their big mouth talking and talking on half of the screen. WTF ? I wouldn't do it. I don't my voice recoreded and don't have the gift of the gab to do it. Last but not least, vloggers don't know enough what they say. They wander in the streets and pretend that what they see immediately is reality. I saw worse than that. The guy completed his video with sequences made at home to say pure bullshits but it has the accent of truth since it's said in a well made video.

Comment

Well in all fairness of all vlogger if you have to talk a lot and make yourself like the lot to get lots of likes on YouTube so that you can make out of a monetary volume that doesn't make it any good it just makes it loud and proud

Comment

This is exactly what I meant. The number of views in YouTube or other media has become the main capital for people in the 3rd decade of the 21st century. The "break even point" to start making money is veruy high on Youtube but some people reach it and then become celebs among vloggers or are classified as "influencers".

I saw one of them in a TV programme a couple of weeks ago. She was 22 years old, pretty and brainless, had participated a TV reality show in which ignorant youngsters gather in a luxury appartment and dream of becoming stars. A classic newspaper had criticized she had no culture at all what made her contempt "old news papers". She had come to the show to promote a book she pretended to have written herself. She added she was help by her parents to market the book. The programme host opened the book and showed a couple of pages. I recognized theories written by Eric Bern an American (and Canadian) psychatrist who created the Transactional analysis theory. The whole book is made of translations in the youth's language and plagiarism of theories.

All these people get audiences thanks to viewers ignorance.

Comment

Working...
                    X