X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eSim the answer to multiple Sims on one phone

I noticed that most of the newest smart phones have eSim capability now.
    This means you don't need physical Sim cards on these phones and can have at least 2 different services on the same phone.
    So no need for two phones or multiple Sim card phones.

An eSIM voucher contains a digital SIM that lets you access a cellular plan without having to insert a physical SIM card. This eSIM voucher also allows you to use up to 2 phone numbers on select smartphones

The term "eSIM" simply means an embedded SIM card. There are no physical SIM cards involved and no physical swapping over required by you. eSIM needs to be supported by the network or carrier and enabled by them and not all networks support eSIM as yet
    https://www.pocket-lint.com/phones/n...for-the-better

It seems that most phone companys support eSim already including most in Thailand.
    The beauty of eSim is you can buy a voucher online on any unlocked phone with an open eSim virtual slot.
    This will make travelling so much easier.

The following phone companies allow eSIM service in Thailand:
    • AIS
    • dtac
    • TrueMove H
    https://roami.ng/en/esim-cards/thailand/
    www.ladyboysthai.com

Have you tried to use a double SIM phone ? I have had one for almost 2 years now but don't use the double SIM function. The issue is that I would never know which SIM is being used when I am using the phone for a call, Internat or an App in 3G/4G.
    Before I had this phone, I tried to use the WIFI in Dubai and in Suvarnabhumi, but I had left my usual SIM in the phone. It didn't work well but I received an SMS from company saying they blocked my calls since I had already spent 60 € (more than 90 CAN$). T I had felt scammed. Since then, I use a special box to put my SIM away as soon as I board in the departure airport, I make sure I use WIFI and only WIFI in Dubai and I get a local SIM card (Thai or Vietnamese) upon arrival. I will add my usual SIM card only back to my country.

Receiving a call on my home telephone would be to expensive to transfer abroad. People calling either know my Asian phone number or they will wait.

Comment

No I have never used a 2 simm phone but this will make it obsolete.
      All new phones eventually will come with eSim.
      Then you can just buy vouchers online for any country, plus have your regular provider.

Most of these new phone don't need any real Sim card to operate.
      www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Working...
      X