Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo friendly hotel rooms in Bangkok?

Hi All,

Shooting excellent pictures in Bangkok hotel rooms during the night time is not easy. For me most of the hotels I stayed in (will not pay more than 2000 B) are not enough lit. Mostly stayed in Majestic Suites.

I also like to take pictures of the girl with different backgrounds. In Majestic it's the boring white of the sheets or the widow. I like a change, any affordable suggestions.

P.S. I use a separate Nikon SB flash.

Buy some high intensity light bulbs and put them into the hotel light fittings.

If you blow the fuses don't mention my name.....

RR.
    Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
    Kahuna

Comment

you shoot automatic or manual?
      and eh... got lightroom?

Comment

Re. background, what you could do is pack 3-5 large sheets (2x2 meters). You can have any print you like, just go to your local 'knitting store' (pardon my lack of command over the English language here). The place where all the house wifes go to buy the raw material to knit clothes for their kids. Do make sure the material is thick enough, do make sure you iron before using. Beauty is that it wont take up much packing space. Better yet, buy it when there, you prob can get some killer local prints at some local market, and may cost less to nothing. Stick the sheets to the wall, lay it on the bed (shoot up-down) and there you go.

Living in Amsterdam , but shooting TSs in Paris often, often at non-studio location. As such, I have used this approach often when shooting outside studio and works wonders.

Proper lighting is however by far the most important, apart from manually setting your camera (shutter speed, aperture, etc.), get some cheap construction lights locally 200-400 watts (20 Euros), works perfect for 25-40m2 rooms. Just not sure how you would manage to take them to your room though. If you're looking for 'excellent' pics you prob want to do some editing anyway in Lightroom then Photoshop, so you should be fine with this set up.

Check out the example pics below (all Brazilian TSs) - sorry for posting them here guys, just to make a point. First one I used standard pose with background sheets. Second and third I used a close up pose limiting the impact of the background (second I used sheets, third I didn't). Fourth one was just a 'for fun' shot, but see what you can do with the shading due to low light (pose effect got some rave reviews).

Let me know if you have any other questions... we could meet up and do some shooting there, I havent decided if I want to take my gear on my first trip over there but we'll see.

Comment

First example
          Attached Files

Comment

Second
            Attached Files

Comment

Third
              Attached Files

Comment

Fourth
                Attached Files

Comment

nice photos
                  No honey, no money!!

Comment

great photos Dutch
                    Your got yer Mother in a whirl
                    Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

Great Shot's Dutch            

If at first you don't succeed, Skydiving is not for you !

Comment

Working...
                      X