X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotel Suggustion For First Timer

I am finally and seriously going to travel to Thailand. I'm taking a tour since I don't know my way around. So I was hoping that someone might be able to help me. Is the Century Park Hotel an LB friendly hotel ? Is it close to or within a reasonable distance to Nana Plaza ?

I guess more important, I have seen some much of the Guess Bar. Do you think that's a good place for a first timer ? I'm hoping to meet Ohm. I want to try my luck at Casanova also because I have thing for Ice. I'm planning to be there in February. What's the weather like then ?

Well, the hotel seems to be a good distance but I guess I could find something closer next time after I get to see the city. So what do you guys think ? I really appreciate your help

I'm planning to be there in February...
    It's May... You don't think you are getting a bit ahead of yourself?

Comment

(tscrazy @ May 22 2009,07:13) Topic: Hotel Suggustion, First Timer
      Hopefully he'll learn how to spell suggestion by then...

Well, my suggustion is...Don't take a fucking tour...

That hotel is miles aways from Nana and Guess bar and the ever lovely Ohm...

Everyone here had a first time in Thailand and many had a first time
      without the benefit of this or any other like forum...All the information
      you need is here...

Read the BKK hotel forum and read in the new members forum...
      And then if you have questions...which you will...Ask away...
      "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

(kahuna @ May 22 2009,07:56)
        (tscrazy @ May 22 2009,07:13) Topic: Hotel Suggustion, First Timer
        Hopefully he'll learn how to spell suggestion by then...

That hotel is miles aways from Nana and Guess bar and the ever lovely Ohm...
        Hotel Suggustion is right across from NEP and it's very LB friendly  
        Did you exchange a walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage

Comment

(kahuna @ May 21 2009,16:56) Well, my suggustion is...Don't take a fucking tour...

Comment

(tscrazy @ May 22 2009,01:13) Is the Century Park Hotel an LB friendly hotel ?
            Is it close to or within a reasonable distance to Nana Plaza ?
            The answer to the first question is I don't know.
            The answer to the second question is it's miles away!

The one saving grace is it's not too far to a BTS station.
            But as you will probably be making your way back to the hotel after the BTS closes at 11.30pm that is not much help.

It appears you are in the market for a hotel room at around 3400 Baht upwards - and notice that the 7% tax and 10% service charge is added on to that rate at the Century.
            Do yourself a favour and book at the Majestic Grande. It's slightly cheaper and is 3 minutes walk from the Guess Bar and 5 minutes from Nana Plaza.
            Ploenchit BTS is 5 minutes walk away and Patpong (home of KC3) is just over 5 minutes taxi ride away - about 50 Baht US$1.80.

February is a quiet time for hotels normally so leave it fairly late to book - say late November/early December and see what rates they are offering.

Weather wise it will be as hot as S.California but a bit more humid. If you are unlucky you might get the odd short rain shower.

RR.
            Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
            Kahuna

Comment

(Road Runner @ May 29 2009,16:43) Weather wise it will be as hot as S.California but a bit more humid.
              Not true...It's not hot in SoCal in February...

Expect BKK weather in February to be in the high 80s to low 90s during the day and 70s at night...
              "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

Go to www.latestays.com
                Choose Thailand Bangkok Sukhumvit. They are all listed
                My choice

Aspen Suites
                Majestic Grande
                The Dawin
                Dynasty Inn Grande

All clean and 5 mins walk to Guess or NEP

Comment

you also might find the following neat site useful:

www.wgfriendly.com

:-)

Comment

I'm somewhat dubious about this website.

While Prostitution is technically still illegal, hiring a prostitute is not.
                    Hiring a prostitute exposes you to the possibility of a fine! Also they could decide to deport you from the country.

RR.
                    Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
                    Kahuna

Comment

ah, RR, it seems you are right. maximum penalty for the customer is 1000 baht...

I'll change this text. Thank you!

here you go:

While prostitution is technically still illegal, in practice it is accepted. The maximum penalty for the customer is 1000 baht (approx. 30 USD).

Comment

Have a look at asiarooms.com, as Roadrunner said the majestic grande is an excellent choice, for location, quality, price and lb/gg friendly!
                        i'm going where the sun keeps shining.................

Comment

I bet it will be cheaper through my site!

EDIT:

I just checked.

Asiarooms gives the cheapest majestic grande rooms at 91 USD per night (i checked october 2009).

Through Agoda (thus through my site) : 61 USD per night.

'nuff said.

Comment

(manarak @ Jun. 01 2009,10:28) Asiarooms gives the cheapest majestic grande rooms at 91 USD per night (i checked october 2009).

Through Agoda (thus through my site) : 61 USD per night.
                            I checked Asiarooms from 5 until 12 october: ‚¬65 per/night

The rate for the same period on Agoda is ‚¬56 but if you click on the "Click to Book" button you will see that there is an extra ‚¬11.88 per night to be payed (tax).
                            Dutch.

Comment

hmm. apparently the prices changed since I last checked.
                              I hate it when they do that!

Comment

Working...
                              X