Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which hotel booking websites are good?

I am thinking of making a booking for hotels in Bangkok through one of the booking websites - such as Agoda and Asiarooms - since this seems to be quite a bit less expensive than booking directly with the hotel.

Are these sites reliable? Which ones would you recommend?

Hey, Pete63, and welcome to the forum.

You seem to have a leg up and already know what you're doing! Both those sites are used all the time by members here. In my limited experience with those sites, agoda has been the better of the two.

Safe travels...

Comment

Both reliable.  Used to book via Asia Rooms, now usually with Agoda.  Hotels2Thailand is another I've used.
      TT

Comment

Agoda is very reliable, they are owned by Priceline
        latestays.com is good if you are booking within 2 weeks

Some hotels will match the price, if you mention you saw the price on another website (I've done this with LK hotels).
        "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

I find Agoda annoying , they always quote a lower price then add on some nightly tax or something when you procede to the booking .

I hate dealing with things like that ,the price you see should be the price you pay
          Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

I have to agree with jimslim. I like seeing the total price I am going to pay and not a price without the taxes, surcharges or whatever tacked on.

I find when dealing directly with the hotel I can do as good or better than booking with a third party hotel site. If I have the choice I never book through a hotel website but try to contact them directly through an email. Once a contact is established I start to negotiate the price through a series of back and forth emails. It is usually the same person responding to my emails. The advantage of this is a relation is forged and if you remain polite and reasonable you can usually get a good deal on the room rate along with the possibility of getting other perks thrown in like an upgrade, quiet side of the hotel, free internet, early check in, late check out, et cetera.

Comment

Try Wotif

http://www.wotif.com

I have been using them for years. All up front expenses are addressed before paying. Easy to browse. And worldwide.

Own and operated from Australia.
              f0xxee

"Spelling - the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit."

Comment

I have found myself booking more and more directly with the hotels on their own websites.

It's often the same rate (or very close) and also you can usually get a better more personalized service.

For example - on many of the hotel booking sites you can't choose between a large King size bed or two small ones, or between smoking and non smoking... and often the sites that deal with millions of hotels are unclear about parking, WiFi cost and availability or even whether breakfast is included!

The 'Agoda' type sites are better suited to people who have already been to the hotel previously and know what to expect in terms of extras and add ons, etc.
                SHEMALE.CENTER
                World's Greatest Tgirl Cam Site.

Comment

I agree, just book with the hotel directly...however, agoda is pretty much a guarantee but you have to pay everything up front and if you want to change you dates or cancel is can be a hassel getting a refund....

On the other hand I dealt diretly with August Suites on my last trip and their "reservation team" didn't understand what I was asking and they send me an e-mail that had me beleaving my reservation was firm...not so...arriving in Pattaya at 6:30 pm to find out I had no room and they had no resolution to my problem other than let me use the internet to find another hotel and refund my deposit....not a good start to my Pattaya stay....Hawk

Comment

I always use Sawasdee.com when applicable and have never had a problem with them including getting refunds from cancellations.

Agoda is my second choice but I agree with jimslim about those annoying add ons.

Comment

(Bumpa STIKKA @ Jan. 25 2011,09:29) I have found myself booking more and more directly with the hotels on their own websites.
                      By all means do some online research, then approach the Hotels direct. Service/response may vary, but more often than not you can work a good deal directly with an hotel ( )
                      Did you exchange a walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage

Comment

I quite often use Agoda. They dealt with a cancellation without much fuss. They just dealt with a last minute change of dates: after I'd booked and paid, again without fuss. Yes the addition of taxes after you think you've identified the price is a pain (some airlines are quite bad in this respect). But I've just received a $25 discount by using earned agoda points so that is a consideration.

I agree with a previous comment: if you know which hotel you want then Agoda works well.

Comment

(Squid55 @ Jan. 25 2011,21:41) I quite often use Agoda. They dealt with a cancellation without much fuss. They just dealt with a last minute change of dates: after I'd booked and paid, again without fuss. Yes the addition of taxes after you think you've identified the price is a pain (some airlines are quite bad in this respect). But I've just received a $25 discount by using earned agoda points so that is a consideration.

I agree with a previous comment: if you know which hotel you want then Agoda works well.
                          I agree.

Agoda is good, I have only 2 gripes with them:
                          - they will display the full price only just before paying
                          - they took away the ability to choose a precise hotel from the list

other than that I never had any problem with Agoda.

And I even redeemed 125 USD worth of Agoda points, so this works as well.

Comment

(manarak @ Jan. 25 2011,22:54)

Agoda is good, I have only 2 gripes with them:
                            - <snipped>
                            - they took away the ability to choose a precise hotel from the list
                            If I understand you right, this can be got round. After doing a search on a country/town, just type in the name of the hotel you actually want. If it is in their list it will be displayed.
                            Attached Files

Comment

thanks!
                              I find the hotels anyway using "site:agoda.com +city+ +name of hotel+" on Google :-)

I like one page refresh solutions - but I must confess the AJAX stuff works better and better.

BTW, have a peek in my sig!

Comment

Working...
                              X