X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynasty Inn Grande Bangkok

Hi just wondering if it is best to book the Dynasty Inn Grande online before i visit Bankok or when i arrive. Is it cheaper online etc?
    Attached Files

I usually stay at Omni.....but Dyn Grand sounds similar but closer to Suk....Im especially interested in the air con control as at Omni and every other place Ive stayed I cant seem to control the temp in my room....in spite if a control dial being in the room....it usually gets far to cold....How is the Air at Dyn Grand....and how does it stack up to Omni..?

Comment

The Dysantry Grand has a computer controlled thermostat which actually seems to work whenever I stay there. probably within 6 months they will all have broken but for now they are ok. I always set the aircon damn cold in the room when going to sleep and lo and behold, I have great cuddles every night.

I once put the temperature up to 26 degrees C and the room ended up like an oven - hot air was actually coming out of the vents. So in summary, I'd say its pretty good and on the low setting its very quiet.

Also in my expereince, on new builds Thai hotel owners are well aware of the costs of running aircon, so they tend to use more efficient controllers these days basically so they dont have to spend so much on electric.

Cheers
      Mardhi

Comment

I've heard that Dynasty Inn chain has built a new luxury hotel close to the Dynasty Inn called Dynasty Grande. Has anyone been there? How does it compare to the Inn? Is it LB freindly? less cockroach problems? safes in rooms? Is it worth the extra price, nearly double?

Comment

This has been discussed quite a bit, in a number of threads. Concensus is A+++++
          Take a look in here Bangkok hotels

Comment

Thanks
            I should have checked out the obvious threads, which is why they are pinned. doh!!!

I will be staying at the Dynasty Grande instead of the Dynasty Inn. If anybody who has been there in past week or is there nowand has any tips to pass on, let let me know. Much obliged

Comment

seems to me that the questions you posed were already answered in the previous posts. short of giving you a complete review with pictures, measurements and sample towels....what more do you need to know?

that being said, i will be there in 48 hours.......and from all reports it seems worth the money for those who are not into the budget workout.
              This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
              Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
              Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
              And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!
              FORT MINOR-REMEMBER THE NAME

Comment

If you are a light sleeper, do NOT stay at the Dynasty Grande - they are still building the place.

It WILL be the best mid-price hotel in the area. I checked out 2nd day....building work 8am to 6pm on a weekend? Fuck that
                Mister Arse

Comment

(Stewart @ May 22 2006,13:21) If you are a light sleeper, do NOT stay at the Dynasty Grande - they are still building the place.

It WILL be the best mid-price hotel in the area. I checked out 2nd day....building work 8am to 6pm on a weekend? Fuck that
                  Not sure when you stayed there, but I have stayed there now 8 times in 2 months and never heard any noise - half the times the rooms have been at the back overlooking the pool and the unfinished building but from what I can see, the big stuff is all done, they are probably slowing things down to get some cash in to pay for the kitting out of the second block.

Ironically, the hotel has also been running very high occupancy for the block thats finished - couple of times when I have been checking in guys have walked in on spec and they had no rooms available.

Cheers
                  Mardhi

Comment

OTE
                    If you are a light sleeper, do NOT stay at the Dynasty Grande - they are still building the place.

Not sure when you stayed there, but I have stayed there now 8 times in 2 months and never heard any noise - half the times the rooms have been at the back overlooking the pool and the unfinished building but from what I can see, the big stuff is all done, they are probably slowing things down to get some cash in to pay for the kitting out of the second block.
                    I stayed there mid-April. I stayed in the "finished" block. The problem was they were kitting out the gym/spa on the 2nd floor of this block....as i said 8am to 6pm at the weekend. I asked them when building work would be finished and they said 3 months

It is a fantastic mid-price hotel and will be my first choice when it is finished
                    Mister Arse

Comment

Hi,
                      I would like to know if anyone has infomation on the Dynasty Inn in Soi 4. I just heard that the old wing, foyer entrance is gone and that block is being demolished.

The new wing, back of the soi has the check in area,Can anyone confirm?

If this is the case any photos?

Richard

Comment

In early September the front area had been closed, and all had been transferred to the new wing at the back. Sorry - no pics.
                        seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

katoeylover ,

Thanks for the info.

Richard

Comment

i feel sorry for the cock roaches they will; have to move to the new wing
                            poor buggers
                            just a sex tourist looking for hot fun

Comment

Yes indeed, think twice about staying here. Cockroaches everywhere on my last trip, although I will say it was cheap. However the place is just old and dirty and I find that paying another 1,000 baht to upgrade to the Dynasty Grande was well worth it considering it is a brand-new Western style facility, great air con, nice rooms, swimming pool, and free wi-fi net access.
                              I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X