X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phachara Suites Bangkok

Stayed at the Phachara for 3 nights. Got a room on agoda for about 2000 baht for my stay in November 2013.
    I booked the best room they had which was an executive suite. It was nice and large yet fairly sparse. It had a great bathroom and a luggage/wardrobe room. Had a nice sitting room with television and a full kitchen.
    It it right across from the Dynasty Grande and just around the corner from Nana, but very quiet on this side soi.
    The pool is smallish but functional. Never ate at the restaurant.

There is no joiner fee and they are very efficient when you come in with a ladyboy. The bellmen have a table set up in the middle of the lobby and process all IDs efficiently with claim tags to boot.

The room i booked said it had a balcony/terrace. Mine did not have that so I suspect I perhaps didn't get the room i booked.
    The hotel seemed quite busy so it is possible they substituted on me, or i got the worst of the bunch. Not too worried about it as it was a great hotel over all.
    I hired a van to Pattaya from the guy based at the hotel. It was about 1650 baht which may not be the best deal but it was a big brand new minivan and good service, so I would use them again. I forgot to take pics when i stayed there but here is a couple from the outside.

The one thing that was crappy here was the internet tickets you had to use. They were only good for certain amount of time which wasn't very much. I needed a couple handfuls of these tickets to use the internet over a few days.

22 Sukhumvit Soi 6, Klongtoey,

patchura1.jpgpatchura2.jpg
    www.ladyboysthai.com

So i stayed at the Phachara Suites again on my recent trip.
    Stayed there from Oct 25-Oct 28, then again from Nov 11-nov 17 2014.
    Got the same room both times which was around $2600 on Agoda.

Got a better room than last time even though I thought I booked the same room.
    This room was fantastic even including a washer/dryer.

Last visit there didn't seem to be any charge for joiner guests but this time there was a 1000 baht fee for the second guest.
    I brought home a pair of ladies from Charades and had to pay up.

The pool is decent but small for swimming laps.
    The worst thing here is the internet. They went from a daily pass system to give you a pass for the length of your stay.
    Still the internet cuts in and out and is generally very slow.

phachara.jpgIMG_2947.jpgIMG_2945.jpgIMG_2941.jpgIMG_2940.jpgIMG_2939.jpgIMG_2937.jpgDSCN3729.jpg
    www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Wow, do the two ladies come with the room? Are they extra? Does the hotel give you two new everyday like water?
      TEXASMAC

Comment

Originally posted by TEXASMAC View Post
        Wow, do the two ladies come with the room? Are they extra? Does the hotel give you two new everyday like water?
        No I was just showing the reason I had to pay the extra 1000.

www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

This is a nice quiet hotel for sure. There a big lot with some houses and apartments next door but it is mostly an open field. Sometimes there is a lot of dogs barking for some reason but generally quiet with a good view.

Comment

I stayed at the Phachara twice on this last trip and I think it is my favourite hotel. I booked last minute so this room was about 2500 baht but it was a great room with a balcony, just not as nice as the room I had last time. The only real problem I ever find with this hotel is that the hot water is always having problems. The suites also have a washer/dryer which is convenient, plus a full kitchen.

There is no joiner fee for the first guest and 1000 baht for additional guests. They are quite efficient when you bring a guest in the doorman has a clip board and takes care of you right when you walk in. So the whole thing is very smooth and there is no embarrassment. Great location and hotel.
            Attached Files
            www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Working...
            X