Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

try www.latestays.com/bangkok - usually has some good late offers.
    seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

try the following link:

http://www.asian-ts.com/cgi-bin....;t=3676

it lists hotel recs from our members.
      This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
      Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
      Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
      And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!
      FORT MINOR-REMEMBER THE NAME

Comment

For anyone who is going for the Silom femboy types I can absolutely recommend the Tarntawan on Surawong, opposite the Tawan Ramada. They always have good offers!

MK
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEdXtf-GHvU

Comment

I hope to be in BKK either on 2 or 4 May for seven days. I booked or made an enqiry at the Dynasty, they confirmed a room. But after hearing about the cockroaches may try somewhere else like the majestic.

For those who have been there, is the cockroaches a common problem or was DP's case an unfortunate one off?

Are the Dynasty and Majestic 3 0r 4 star?

In the Majestic what is the difference between the single studio and single superior rooms?

I know it has a safe in the room which is better. Is there a side door to avoid going thru main reception with LB?

Does it have a gym, sauna, pool? The tailoring service, has anyone used it? Are they suits any good or good value when you compare the price in BHT convernted to sterling?

Comment

(hoddeson99 @ Apr. 06 2006,09:56) I hope to be in BKK either on 2 or 4 May for seven days. I booked or made an enqiry at the Dynasty, they confirmed a room. But after hearing about the cockroaches may try somewhere else like the majestic.

For those who have been there, is the cockroaches a common problem or was DP's case an unfortunate  one off?

In the Majestic what is the difference between the single studio and single superior rooms?

I know it has a safe in the room which is better. Is there a side door to avoid going thru main reception with LB?

Does it have a gym, sauna, pool? The tailoring service, has anyone used it? Are they suits any good or good value when you compare the price in BHT convernted to sterling?
            i have stayed at the dynasty inn 6-7 times in various rooms. i have only noticed roaches on one occasion (during the last time). the others were without problems. given that i am not much of a room person it did not bother me too much. hell i am there to see the sights and fuck ladyboys and ladies, not to name and become best friend with the roaches. (mind you i only saw an occasional one...it was far from infested the last trip)

side door? unless you have a room in the main hotel (where the front desk is located) you can use the alley way adjacent to the inn in order to get to the remaining rooms at dynasty. if you are paranoid, scared of what people think, or generally feel weird talk with the lb. i know they have offered to meet me in the room before. personally i generally try to not shag anyone i am ashamed of being in public with...... the walk of honor (shame?!) can be fun when the LB is hotter than the fems in the lobby. go figure. probably not for the faint of heart.

star? hmm not sure about this. it is a tourist class hotel. it is definitely not high end. but then it fulfills all the needs.

dynasty has no safe in the room (at least on my last trip)

i have been at the Majestic Suites and thought it was ok. the rooms were on the small side but then you get what you pay for. as for the gym, sauna, pool check out the web page. i did not spend much time doing that stuff.

suits? you can get great tailored suits in thailand. i would stay away from those with touts and most that are located near the red light districts. also, if they promise a package deal like three suits, five shirts, ties, blah blah blah....they are likely (not always...but if you are a betting man) shite! most of my suits took more than one session to measure and modify. i was very happy with the finished product but i stayed away from the touristy places. i will look to see if i have a card or not.....sorry it has been awhile.

Comment

Thanx Relpax

well I hadnt thought about, or forgot that a lot of the LBs are passable and prettier and maybe hard to tell at first glimpse if the are GG or not. You can tell I have a lot to learn. I had in my mind the Astoria club near Tottenham Court Road W1 on saturdays. Its gay night and you see the trannies, CDers herding out. they look clearly like men in drag which they are. I should not of course mistook them for how LBs are!!lol

However if the locals/staff see a tourist with one of their women in that area, they are going to think they are sex workers anyway. Probably so common they should not bat an eyelid

Comment

(hoddeson99 @ Apr. 06 2006,10:42) Thanx Relpax

well I hadnt thought about, or forgot that a lot of the LBs are passable and prettier and maybe hard to tell at first glimpse if the are GG or not. You can tell I have a lot to learn. I had in my mind the Astoria club near Tottenham Court Road W1 on saturdays. Its gay night and you see the trannies, CDers herding out. they look clearly like men in drag which they are. I should not of course mistook them for how LBs are!!lol

However if the locals/staff see a tourist with one of their women in that area, they are going to think they are sex workers anyway. Probably  so common they should not bat an eyelid
                mind you not all of them are passable. if you stay around long enough, you will see some heated debates about whether or not a LB looks like a football player or not. that being said it is all in the tastes of the average joe. some like tops. some like bottoms. others prefer like vers. some like the more manly types, others femboys and still others are like me and lean towards the passable with a little extra.

that being said, if you don't feel comfortable.... consider the advice that i gave above. side entrance is safe or have them buzz your room after meeting them at the bar. best of luck

Comment

(hoddeson99 @ Apr. 06 2006,09:56) I hope to be in BKK either on 2 or 4 May for seven days. I booked or made an enqiry at the Dynasty, they confirmed a room. But after hearing about the cockroaches may try somewhere else like the majestic.

For those who have been there, is the cockroaches a common problem or was DP's case an unfortunate  one off?

I have stayed in the Majestic Suites, loads of times & also in there bigger more luxurious Majestic Grande. Its very difficult to be absolutely free of any bugs in these Asian countrys, but I see very, very few if any at all in these 2 hotels.

The only draw back to the Majestic Suites is the room size, but they are well appointed & generally quite well looked after. There are room safes in all rooms & the main difference in the rooms is the size. They are guest friendly, GG & LB & generally only ask your guest to leave there ID at receiption. If you look closely at one of the famous blonde Natalies photo shoots it was done in the Majestic Suites.

The Masjestic Suites does not have any facilities such as sauna, gym etc, if you want that check out Majestic Grande, however Majestic suites is roughly baht1500 a night & the Masjestic Grande baht3000 a night so if you want more generally you are going to pay more.

I sleep OK in both hotels, but it is better to be higher up than lower down, & it si also better not face the Sukumvit road in Majestic Suites, this is not to say its noisy but if you are a light sleeper it might make a difference. If you stay on the otherside of the hotel it looks out over NaNa Plaza, the view could be worse!!

I find the staff in both hotels very helpul & very friendly, but i have been staying in Majestic Suites quite a long time & most seem to remember me.

Majestic Grande is a 5star without doubt, excellent rooms & restaurants, & general facilities, limo service to the airports, ( Not free ) etc, etc. Majestic Grande is an up market budget hotel, however it has many in room facilities that would make it 3-4star in Europe, I have stayed in masses of hotels in Bangkok, & have settled for these 2. There are loads to choose from & everyone has there favorites, mine are these 2.

Hope that helps.
                  Robin

You pays your money & takes your chance. This isn't a rehearsal do it now, it's no good looking back when it's a lover & wishing.... ITS TOO LATE.

Comment

excuse my ignorance but could you explain the terminology you used
                    I know about femboys, they are are not my type, I prefer som tits preferably hormones. They look too gay for me with no tits. :

some like tops. some like bottoms. others prefer like vers.

Comment

(hoddeson99 @ Apr. 06 2006,22:56) excuse my ignorance but could you explain the terminology you used
                      I know about femboys, they are are not my type, I prefer som tits preferably hormones. They look too gay for me with no tits. :

some like tops.  some like bottoms. others prefer like vers.

Top- LB bones you.
                      Bottoms- LB recieves you in her bum.
                      Versatile- LB can/likes to do either top or bottom.

needless to say this is a spectrum. some are exclusively one or the other but alot (?most?) will do whatever you want if you are nice to them and pay the baht.

Comment

For nightlife, the Sheraton Grande is best located - its located in between nana and Soi Cowboy - you can walk to either, just turn left to Nana, right to Soi Cowboy as you come out the hotel. I used to stay here all the time before I lived in Thailand and the hotel is very well run. Not sure how the rooms are holding up - I stayed there in the period just after it opened (in the '97 crash) and they had about 25% occupancy - now its doing well and is often full but I dont know if they have kept the rooms looking so good. The rooms by the way are very big - basically 5X hotels dont come much better than this relative to what your paying.

Never stayed at the Intercon, but friends have and they rate it, but its not so easy to access Nana and Cowboy. Although its on the same road, cars cannot access nana and onto soi cowboy without doing some u turns and using small streets which adds to delays.

Forget the Sofitel, its by the airport, overpriced and very old. Waste of money compared to the other to. The reason it achieves the prices it does are because its connected to a convention centre. In its favour though, is a big shopping mall as part of the same complex.

Cheers
                        Mardhi

Comment

1. President Solitaire, soi 11
                          2. Chateau De Bangkok, Ruam Rudee
                          3. Le Residence (off Suriwong) - only for those who find Soi Twighlight and clubs like DJ Station attractive

MK

Comment

(Mai-Kee @ May 10 2006,19:44) 1. President Solitaire, soi 11
                            3. Le Residence (off Suriwong) - only for those who find Soi Twighlight and clubs like DJ Station attractive    

MK
                            Thanks mardhi and thanks mk

The President Solitaire looks the place to be i think from the web site and the rates are great.

If either one of you in bkk on june 13 and 14 let me know our you a at least.

Comment

(Mai-Kee @ May 10 2006,19:44) 1. President Solitaire, soi 11

MK
                              I have read dp reports and one question is does president solitaire ask for lbs id??

any assistance is appreciated

Comment

Every hotel will ask for ID's if you stumble at 2am with your gg/lb/boy through their lobby!

MK

Comment

Working...
                                X