X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotel Solo Sukhumvit Soi 2

The first 4 nights of my trip to Thailand I have booked this hotel in Bangkok:
    Hotel Solo Sukhumvit Soi 2
    67 Sukhumvit Soi 2, Klong Toey, Bangkok, Thailand
    Hotel Solo Sukhumvit is a boutique hotel located on Sukhumvit 2, near Soi Nana and a 2-min walk to Ploenchit BTS station. Book here for the best online rates with extra benefits

I paid about 2200 baht a night for a Deluxe Solo Room, which is their second best room.
    It is a little further from Nana but still quite close on Soi 2. It is just a ways down from the Majestic Grand in a very quiet location.
    The rooms look decent and they are guest friendly with no charge on the first guest.
    I like a good pool which is hard to find in central Bangkok Hotels. The pool here is smaller but long and looks good for laps.
    We will see how it works out.

Attached Files
    www.ladyboysthai.com

That looks like the perfect hotel, Crag. I like apartments and condos. But, as far as hotels go this one looks just fine. The reason I like Apts and Condos is that they have quite a bit more room and more privacy. I thought you were more of a Pattaya type guy.

Comment

I stay in Bangkok all the time. Last time i stayed in a Condo but it was too far away at Sukhumvit 79. Condo was nice but small and you have to pay by the month.

There doesn't seem to be that many great condos available near Nana and if there is they are expensive often. I like some of the reasons to live in a Condo but in Thailand hotels are very large and cheap. Plus with hotels you usually get a better location, better security, food service and room cleaning. This hotel is close to Nana while in a quiet location.
      www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

I wish they had a walking alley between Soi 4 and 2 instead of having to walk all the way around JW Marriot. Hope that desk counter is strong enough to support 2 large suitcases and 1 carry on. On8 Hotel on Soi 8 is so dark I had to use flashlights to see inside my suitcases. Hope Phachara is a good deal for me in December. I checked out Areca Lodge Pattaya, and it is fully booked. A beautiful hotel and looks quiet with nice accommodations and restaurant. Funny there are 2 places in Pattaya called Areca Lodge and AL Hotel.

Comment

You can get from Soi 2 down to Soi 4 right in front of the Majestic Grande Hotel.
          You go down the side of the Rajah Hotel and come out to the parking lot where the Subway and Sports Pub are.
          Chaos 9 Bar is off to your right.
          There may be other short cuts, I will explore.

Attached Files
          www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Yes, I see it. Just Google Majestic Grande. Place the human icon in front of this hotel and turn around. You can see an alley that will take you to Soi 4. If you hop over to Soi 4 on the opposite side you can see the Rajah Hotel sign. You sharp. I've got to pay more attention to details as I walk. Where does this lead to? Is that a short cut? Back in Pattaya on Soi 8 I discovered a short cut at the Subway Sandwich shop. Turn around and see that sign saying Baron Beach Hotel. Walk through that drive way and it will take you to the side entrance on Soi 9 into the Central Festival Shopping Center.

I do like what I see on the Phachara Suites Sukhumvit. I researched a month stay in January 2017 with breakfast, and it comes up to US$2300.40. That's cheaper than living in Honolulu. Maybe I'll plan to stay 3 month next year and split my time between BKK and Pattaya. Life is good!

Comment

Phachara might be my favourite rooms in Bangkok. The breakfast is not the best in town, the pool is small and the water pressure sucks ass.
              The rooms with full kitchen and washer/dryer are great and many have balconies.

This solo has a long pool that may be better for laps.
              www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Originally posted by CRAG View Post
                The first 4 nights of my trip to Thailand I have booked this hotel in Bangkok:
                Hotel Solo Sukhumvit Soi 2
                67 Sukhumvit Soi 2, Klong Toey, Bangkok, Thailand
                Hotel Solo Sukhumvit is a boutique hotel located on Sukhumvit 2, near Soi Nana and a 2-min walk to Ploenchit BTS station. Book here for the best online rates with extra benefits

I paid about 2200 baht a night for a Deluxe Solo Room, which is their second best room.
                It is a little further from Nana but still quite close on Soi 2. It is just a ways down from the Majestic Grand in a very quiet location.
                The rooms look decent and they are guest friendly with no charge on the first guest.
                I like a good pool which is hard to find in central Bangkok Hotels. The pool here is smaller but long and looks good for laps.
                We will see how it works out.
                Nice hotel

Comment

Originally posted by George Pill View Post
                  Yes, I see it. Just Google Majestic Grande. Place the human icon in front of this hotel and turn around. You can see an alley that will take you to Soi 4. If you hop over to Soi 4 on the opposite side you can see the Rajah Hotel sign. You sharp. I've got to pay more attention to details as I walk. Where does this lead to? Is that a short cut? Back in Pattaya on Soi 8 I discovered a short cut at the Subway Sandwich shop. Turn around and see that sign saying Baron Beach Hotel. Walk through that drive way and it will take you to the side entrance on Soi 9 into the Central Festival Shopping Center.
                  The shortcut in front of the Majestic Grande beside the Rajah Hotel complex from Soi 2 to Soi 4 is all blocked off now.
                  The whole block looks under contructions. This caused me a problem and on the first night i walked all the way to Sukhumvit even though the hotel will drive you during normal hours. Later I found a shortcut by going through the Lohas parkade there is a way to get through to Soi 4. Sometimes there is security with the gate down but they gladly open it for pedestrians. I think is just to prevent motorbikes from driving through.
                  Also a picture where you enter the walkway on Soi 4 right across from the Omni condo complex.

Attached Files
                  www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Wonder what they're going to build in there. Looked like the Sports Bar was stripped and the steel frame is still intact and undamaged. Gonna disassemble it carefully or reuse it? The Rajah hotel and buildings on the other side of the lot weren't being demolished. They're being stripped and gutted. Wonder what is going up? Tall building? Shopping center? They got lots of black hookers hanging out in front the wall. Sure increased from two years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by George Pill View Post
                      Wonder what they're going to build in there. Looked like the Sports Bar was stripped and the steel frame is still intact and undamaged. Gonna disassemble it carefully or reuse it? The Rajah hotel and buildings on the other side of the lot weren't being demolished. They're being stripped and gutted. Wonder what is going up? Tall building? Shopping center? They got lots of black hookers hanging out in front the wall. Sure increased from two years ago.
                      Maybe it will be Nana Plaza 2?
                      www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

So the Solo Hotel seems pretty good other than it is away from things a little as there isn't too much up here on Soi 2. If you take the shortcut to Soi 4 there is 7-11s etc.
                        Just isn't much for restaurants or stores right around this group of hotels. The hotel is nice and the rooms are quite nice and large, mine is a deluxe on the third floor facing the front.
                        Everyone is friendly and I get free breakfast which is good. 6-10:30 am. They also offer a shuttle to Sukhumvit.

image_78823.jpg
                        Attached Files
                        www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

On the roof there is nice lounge and a small pool. The pool is not huge but is not bad for swimming laps as long as not to many others are in the pool.
                          The lounge looks nice and I might go up for a drink some evening.
                          Generally the hotel is nice and clean and the neighborhood is very quiet.

Attached Files
                          www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Next, most important, I brought back two ladyboys to the hotel and they took their ID but did not charge any joiner fees.
                            So ladyboy friendly and multiple guest friendly it appears.

Attached Files
                            www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Alright tell me where you met them. So pretty they don't even look like ladyboys. Excellent photos. Perfect lighting and sharp details. Nana 2 sounds exciting.

Comment

Working...
                              X