X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotel Selection - Beach Road Pattaya

So we were going to stay longer in Pattaya, but my GF being Thai couldn't justify the high rates at the Holiday Inn.
    She found the "4 Star" Hotel Selection online for around 900 baht a night, so the price was right.

We booked a sea view King but when we got to the room it was a Sea view twin singles, i hate twin singles.
    I went down to the desk to complain that i would rather have a large bed, than a sea view.
    They weren't very cooperative and finally i thought i was getting my way when he picked up the phone and called someone.
    All he did was call my GF to come and get me out of his face, she promptly came down and dragged me away.
    Nothing changed.

The hotel had newly opened as they had taken over the previous hotel "as is".
    The hotel was totally run down, including all the rooms.
    Decoration was late 70's.
    The amenities were there for a 4 star but really it was 3 star at best.

This place could be updated by now, or at least a fresh coat of paint and stuff.
    If you want an ok beach front place right beside Soi 6 then this might be for you.
    It's close to everything you need.

I thought i took more pics of the hotel but for now here is pics of the Sea view from the balcony.

hotelselection1.jpghotelselection2.jpg
    www.ladyboysthai.com

Thanks for the warning , I`m scouting out a hotel and will for sure cross this one off the list.

Comment

Originally posted by gfelover View Post
      Thanks for the warning , I`m scouting out a hotel and will for sure cross this one off the list.
      That was a couple years ago and I think they had just bought and re-opened the hotel.
      It appeared like it was once quite a nice hotel but everything was run down.
      If they have upgrade things it may be better but the pictures on the website don't look much different.
      The price was good and the location is great but it may have been cheaper because of the condition at that time.

www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

The beach at Pattaya is quite poor, so I would not make that a very high priority when selecting a hotel. If being on the beach is important, the Jomtien Beach is much better. Hotels there are also less, as it is further away from the major nightlife spots - but transportation is quite easy.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
        Membership Levels
        The Rookie Thread
        New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
        Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

Originally posted by rxpharm View Post
          The beach at Pattaya is quite poor, so I would not make that a very high priority when selecting a hotel. If being on the beach is important, the Jomtien Beach is much better. Hotels there are also less, as it is further away from the major nightlife spots - but transportation is quite easy.
          The beach at Pattaya sucks for swimming and stuff, still good for lounging.
          But yes the beach front rooms in Jomtien are cheaper and the beaches are nicer.
          You just are further from the ladyboy scene and would generally have to ride a baht bus 20 minutes.

If I am staying at the beach in Pattaya, I like to be high up to get the cool ocean breeze and great views.
          This Selection hotel is very low and the views aren't great, getting a breeze won't happen much.

I prefer the View Talay condos on Beach road in Pattaya, i usually can get a room on the 20th floor or higher.
          It is a private apartment and not a hotel, so cleaning varies by suite.
          So in September 2012 I was on my way back from Koh Chang and I stopped in Pattaya for a few days. I looked on Agoda and found a condo in the View Talay 6 Condo high

Usually a studio goes from $50-75 Canadian.
          There is also View Talay condo buildings in Jomtien where you may get the same suite for $25-40 on a better beach.
          Just a little further from the action but generally quieter and cleaner.

www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Definitely don't stay at this hotel right now. They are building a huge hotel right in front of it and it has no view at all, plus i expect it is very noisy. Construction always seems to go 24 hours a day in Thailand too.
            www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

thank for the info, scratched off my list now

Comment

Originally posted by ironhorse View Post
                thank for the info, scratched off my list now
                I don't think this hotel even exists anymore anyway..
                www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

ok

Comment

The hotel is still there I just saw it on Agoda.

They were building some big structure there for the longest time right in front of it.
                    According to the reviews it is a shopping mall a few stories high. So the sea views are probably worse than before.
                    Sounds like it is still the same run down place as before. It seems to be the cheapest 4 star hotel listed so be careful.
                    Pictures and facilities are not as nice as it appears.

selection.jpg
                    www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Working...
                    X