Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Som Tum lady on Soi 17, the first corner past 3rd Rd makes excellent Som Tum. Speaks not a word of English though. Just smiles a lot and chatters away in Thai or Issan.
    One order of Som Tum, a very generous serving of sticky rice, 2 wedges of cabbage and a sliced large cucumber...40 baht.

Raw cabbage and cucumber are two of the best veggies to eat. Both high alkaline foods.

“When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
    ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

• Oh, joy ..... my visits to this place (@ 6th Floor Central festival - to the right on photo)  

Also has several branches in BKK (2 in MBK, 1 in Seacon).  Sorry cant read Thai, but Tha Siam comes into the name somewhere (or Boat Noodles).

When I walk in there, they just smile and start preparing my favourite dish ..... Minced Pork noodles in clear tom yum soup with seaweed
      Attached Files
      TT

Comment

• Aroy maak maak.

Best value meal ever ... at 37 baht #9 on the menu. Add the Chicken wings at around 50 baht - also first rate.

My mouth is watering already. If you like Thai food ask for it spicy.
        Attached Files
        TT

Comment

• A great place to get english food is the Butchers Arm on soi buakhoa. It offers Guinness,Dwyers, and many ciders on tap the inside is really nice with a pool table and great ac to cool off when it's hot outside.But the best thing is it's right next door to Pooks and if you sit inside in the 3rd booth on the right as you walk in you can enjoy a meal,a pint and a great show from the side stage of Pooks all in A/C comfort.What could be better if you see someone you like then go next door and S/T rooms are great and at 300 for the room , how can you go wrong.
          I luv ladyboys

Comment

• looks good
            reflections

Comment

• (TTChang @ Oct. 23 2010,07:09) Oh, joy ..... my visits to this place (@ 6th Floor Central festival - to the right on photo)  
              I'd agree.  This is one of my favorite places in Pattaya.  You'll find me there at least one night each trip.  A "regular" (the closest thing to "a girlfriend in LOS") always takes me there! We usually get a few things and they are always very good.

TT, we should get together for a bite there this weekend!
              Attached Files

Comment

• You guys make my mouth water. I have passed this place numerous times and never wandered in. However I intend to for sure next time given the glowing recommendations. I can't wait.

Comment

• (TTChang @ Oct. 23 2010,11:09) Oh, joy ..... my visits to this place (@ 6th Floor Central festival - to the right on photo)  
                  A very belated but very very large THANK YOU TT...

I had walked by this place many many times but never stopped until your post...Mrs. Kahuna and I now visit at least twice a week...

Really really good Thai food, great service and reasonable prices...

No matter what you order, try the fried chicken wings...a real treat...

And yes, the name is ThaSiam...
                  "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

• (TTChang @ Oct. 23 2010,11:09) Oh, joy ..... my visits to this place (@ 6th Floor Central festival - to the right on photo)  
                    I tend to eat at one of the Japanese places in Central Festival virtually daily, however have given TTChang's Thai joint a try on a couple of occasions and was impressed with the authenticity & simplicity.

This is no frills, down to earth Thai food, with an emphasis on rice & noodles (both fried & soups).

Seems popular with the young Thai crowd, which is more than I can say about a number of other supposedly 'Thai' places in Pattaya.

Cheers
                    Koykaeng
                    Ladyboys need to learn...... Listerine is not a beverage !

Comment

• For those would like a romantic setting to take that special lady - I visited the Rimpa Lapin Restaurant last November with my girlfriend and her friends.

It is outside Pattaya so you will need your own transportation - I don't think Baht buses regularly go out this far.

It is a Thai fusion restaurant, the food is good, but the setting is very nice, about 30 km south outside Pattaya. The prices are moderate, but not as expensive as some 5 star hotel restaurants.

Here are some photos from their website:
                      Attached Files

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
                      Membership Levels
                      The Rookie Thread
                      New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
                      Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

• Another photo - at night it is quite lovely, and the map for directions.

The website: Rimpa Lapin Restaurant. Recommended for a special night out if you are trying to romance someone!  
                        Attached Files

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
                        Membership Levels
                        The Rookie Thread
                        New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
                        Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

• I see the Rimpa Lapin sign every time I pass on sukhumvit - cracks me up every time!

Lapin means rabbit in french

Comment

• .. so what does it mean in Thai.. just curious..
                            .. I'm not young enough to know everything, and not old enough to have done everything..

Comment

• Hare

Comment

• (kahuna @ Feb. 20 2011,22:35)
                                (TTChang @ Oct. 23 2010,11:09) Oh, joy ..... my visits to this place (@ 6th Floor Central festival - to the right on photo)  
                                Really really good Thai food, great service and reasonable prices...
                                There once was a friend from Jomtien...
                                Who look like lady but is man...
                                We often go there,
                                That pink soup is a scare,
                                But I'm always happy with the check bin!

Comment

Working...
                                X